-124-: Cake tasting

"Do you know what you want?" Harry asked as Ariana walked into Carlos Bakery in Hoboken, New Jersey. She loves New York but she feels like she hadn't left. She's been here 3 times in the past 2 months. First to book the venue, second to get the dress and now to choose the cake and find the caterers.

"I don't know, I mean Red Velvet has always been my favourite but I know a lot of people don't like the cream cheese frosting. What were you thinking?" Ariana asked him and he looked around.

"I have no idea, it's cake. I like everything," Ariana laughed at Harry and walked over to the consultations counter at the back and gave her name to Mary, Buddy's sister. Ariana knew most of the people working in the front through watching Cake Boss. Ariana and Harry were obsessed.

"Hi Ariana and Harry, I'm Mary. If you'd like to follow me, I'll take you through to the office and Buddy will be with you in a second," They both nodded and followed her with their hands joined.

When Buddy came through the door he immediately introduced himself, Harry introduced both of them back.

"So I have this tasting plate, it had all of the fillings here, and then the cake down here. So help yourself to making your own cakes up and let me know what you come up with. I'll be back in a second," Harry and Ariana both immediately started.

"Oh my god, this is incredible," Ariana had spread a thin layer of cream cheese frosting over the red velvet. She put the other half in Harry's mouth and he nodded.

"That is really good babe, so did you want red velvet?" Ariana nodded sheepishly and he nodded trying the chocolate with peanut butter frosting. His eyes closed, he loved it. He fed her the other half. The taste almost made her melt.

They also tried the vanilla sponge with vanilla frosting and strawberry coulis. It was incredible too.

"I'm back, what have we decided?" Buddy asked and Ariana looked to Harry before speaking.

"Can we do different tiers different flavors?" Buddy nodded and grabbed a pen and paper.

"We like the Red Velvet with Cream Cheese, Chocolate with Peanut Butter and the Vanilla sponge with Vanilla and Strawberry," Buddy nodded as he wrote it down.

"How many guests are you expecting?" He asked obviously to say what size of cake.

"There will be around 500," he nodded.

"We're looking at a 8 tier cake then. Colour scheme, anything specific on the cake?" Harry took over now which Ariana was just glad about.

"Definitely white, we want white roses on it. And piping over the tiers definitely," Buddy nodded and started to draw.

Within 3 minutes he had a sketch of the wedding cake. Ariana had started to tear up and Harry put his arm around her.

"It's beautiful, and it's only the sketch," Harry laughed, nodded agreeing with her.

"Well, thank you for coming to me to make your cake. Everything will be perfect, don't worry. So July 22nd at The Plaza and delivered around 4?" Harry nodded confirming the details.

Everything was becoming so real!