Chapter 5

"?"

After hearing Yan Jiuge's question, Chu Qi was confused.

What kind of obedient is he? He didn't do anything today except to participate in the selection of the fairy gate. What kind of obedient is there?

Responding to all changes, Chu Qi asked, "Is there?"

"Of course." Yan Jiuge continued, "Not only did you not quarrel with me today, but you are willing to stay in the house obediently." You even called my brother .

When the last sentence came to his lips, Yan Jiuge remembered that Chu Qi refused to admit it when he was riding a flat boat, and he would be really annoyed if he mentioned it now, so he kept silent.

Chu Qi: "..."

It turns out that he is here today.

However, according to Yan Jiuge's memory, today's self is indeed somewhat different from the past.

Chu Qi thought for a moment, and found a suitable reason for himself, "I used to be too impatient. From now on, I have to learn to be more calm and cultivate my self-cultivation."

"Really?" Yan Jiuge's voice was suspicious.

"Yes." Chu Qi nodded. In order to prevent Yan Jiuge from continuing to ask him about the topic of changing his son, he asked, "It was hard for you to

carry me up the bluestone ladder today. Do you want to take a break now?" I took a look at the room they were in, and found that there was only one bed in the room, and there were two futons for meditation.

"I don't need it, go to sleep. You are so delicate, you will blush even in the sun."

Chu Qi: "..."

Which pot is not open and which pot is lifted.

Be squeamish, let's be squeamish, anyway, he has already seen through Yan Jiuge's temper, except for his unforgiving mouth, he can't find anything wrong with it.

"Then I'll go to sleep first." Chu Qi and Yan Jiuge said, then turned and walked towards the bed.

Chu Qi suddenly discovered that there was only one bed in this room. After all, those who come and go to Yicheng are all monks, and there are probably not many children like them who still need to sleep, so a bed is meant to be set up.

So, Chu Qi took off his shoes, socks and coat, and when he lay down on the bed, he consciously moved inside, leaving half of the space for Yan Jiuge.

In case Yan Jiuge wants to sleep, there will be no place to lie down.

In fact, Chu Qi is not sleepy, but after being reborn today, his thoughts are in a mess, so it is better to take a rest and think about it.

First of all, it may be the "plot" that caused his rebirth.

The "story" started when Chu Qi was twenty years old, which was the time when he died suddenly for no reason in his last life. After rebirth, I don't know if he will be affected by the "plot", but if it is still the same as the previous life, why is he reborn?

Therefore, Chu Qi tentatively believes that his fate should also change. For example, the change in talent may be related to rebirth.

Secondly, it is Yan Jiuge.

The misunderstanding between him and Yan Jiuge originated from a quarrel, about one or two months after Yan Jiuge established the foundation, that time Yan Jiuge had a particularly bad temper, and even almost fought with him. So the previous small quarrel turned into a big quarrel, and it got out of hand in the end.

This time, he must be careful to avoid these things.

Chu Qi thought about it, and finally fell asleep unknowingly.

Hearing Chu Qi's steady breathing, Yan Jiuge, who was meditating on the futon, opened his eyes. His movements were very light. He got up from the futon and looked in the direction of the bed.

Chu Qi was very obedient when he was asleep, he didn't move around or kick the quilt. Although the delicate and handsome facial features have faded away, they reveal a quiet and relaxed posture, like a beautiful painting with every stroke.

In the past, Yan Jiuge liked when Chu Qi was asleep, because only then would Chu Qi let him approach and would not argue with him like a little hedgehog.

But today, Yan Jiuge prefers when Chu Qi acts like a baby and asks him to recite it.

Thinking of this, Yan Jiuge's eyes softened involuntarily, and the corners of his lips rose slightly. But before the smile reached his eyes, the piece of dragon pattern jade hanging from his waist flashed a forbidden red light.

"..." Most of the good mood faded immediately.

Yan Jiuge held the dragon pattern jade, looked up at Chu Qi who was still sleeping peacefully, turned around slightly unhappily after all, and left the room.

It was still afternoon outside the house, the sunlight slanted and the eaves staggered.

Yan Jiuge randomly found a secluded place, took out a magic talisman from the Qiankun bag, and cast an isolation barrier.

At the moment when the barrier was formed, Yan Jiuge's aura suddenly changed.

The aura of the Qi refining stage suddenly soared, and it directly reached the momentum of the late Nascent Soul.

Yan Jiuge's handsome face has also changed, it is different from the elegant and casual in front of Chu Qi, at this moment, his expression is rather cold and stern.

There was a dark red line on the originally smooth forehead, and the black eyes turned into a mysterious and dangerous dark golden luster, like the violence dormant under the calm surface.

"Little Lord."

A respectful and hoarse voice came from the Dragon Pattern Jade.

"Say."

Yan Jiuge pinched the dragon pattern jade, revealing his extreme impatience in a short word.

"There are still three months before the deadline. The owner hopes that you can come back a few days earlier, so as not to delay the time like last time."

Yan Jiuge said coldly, "Don't bother me with this kind of thing in the future."

It's just a reminder, but Teaching him wasted a lot of time for no reason.

"There is one more thing. The hidden cloud world is not peaceful recently..."

"Oh, when will the hidden cloud world be peaceful? Yan Mingchao is not dead yet, so don't bother me."

"..."

Hearing what Yan Jiuge said, Long Wenyu The voice on the other end was silent for a moment, and then continued to answer in a disapproving but extremely cautious tone.

"Young Master, you can't call the Patriarch's name directly. It's against the rules. Besides, your temper seems to be a little out of control. Is there something wrong with the seal?"

"I can't die." Yan Jiuge mocked.

"..." The prohibition on the dragon pattern jade flashed and flashed, and finally, before Yan Jiuge ran out of patience, he said, "The subordinate will retire, and I hope the young master will return soon." The

interrogation ended.

Yan Jiuge closed his eyes, and a circle of forbidden runes appeared around him.

With the surging of these prohibition runes, the abnormality of his appearance was covered up again, and finally, together with his breath, he also returned to the insignificant Qi refining period before.

The isolation barrier disappeared in the air.

The outside sunlight fell on Yan Jiuge's body again, and the light and shadow traced a lonely outline along the corner of his clothes.

No matter how many times he thought of that place, it always disgusted him.

At this moment, across the wall, the candied haws hawker on the street yelled as he walked, and his eloquent tone reached Yan Jiuge's ears.

"Selling candied haws—big and sweet candied haws—!"

Yan Jiuge's eyelashes trembled, completely breaking away from the state just now.

With a little tiptoe, the black-clothed boy turned over the wall with his strength, his body was as light as a swallow, and he landed smoothly.

"——!"

Outside the wall, the peddler selling candied haws widened his eyes, looked at the boy who suddenly appeared in front of him, and forgot to shout for a while.

"Buy a bunch of candied haws." The boy in black had a cold tone, but his voice was clear.

"Ah... ok, which skewer do you want to eat?" "I don't want to eat it, I bought it for my brother. I want the

biggest and sweetest one."

After saying this, his tone changed, "He is very delicate today, so I bought it for him."

"Oh, oh, okay, what do you think of this bunch?" The peddler handed him a bunch of Big, red candied haws.

"Yes, how much is it?"

"A Lingshi."

"..."

**

Chu Qi had a dream.

In the dream——

There is a land of poverty.

The mountain stream is deep and deep, the sun is not visible, the miasma is lingering, and the vegetation is gray and black.

Brown wild vines climbed up the cliff and grew windingly, and further down the cliff, a bunch of twigs protruded from the cracks in the stone, just covering a budding Nine Nether Resurrection Flower.

The Jiuyou Resurrection Flower has nine leaves and nine petals, and the branches are slender and easy to break.

According to legend, when the Jiuyou Resurrection Flower blooms, it can summon a wandering soul and revive it.

The silver light suddenly appeared, the sword picked up the rock, and the sharp sword energy cut off the wild vines and twigs, and then went deep.

This sword actually dug out the strange stone that nourished the Jiuyou Resurrection Flower from the cliff.

It was Yan Jiuge who came.

After becoming an adult, Yan Jiuge's eyebrows and eyes were a bit stern, and he seldom showed any emotions, even frowning.

When Yan Jiuge retracted the spirit sword, a scarlet-red magic pattern snaked out from his cuff, occupying the entire palm of his right hand in an instant, which was shocking.

This is the heart demon pattern. It will spread from the chest to the hand, and when the magic pattern grows to the tip of the ring finger, it will entangle the heart vein.

Now Yan Jiuge entered the Miasma Valley alone, and after his spiritual power to protect his body was eroded by the poisonous miasma, the inner demons took advantage of the void and tried to drag him into the abyss.

Letting the demons continue to breed, Yan Jiuge didn't stop for a moment. He used his sword for thousands of miles, just for a crystal coffin.

"Aqi, I'll come to see you."

"I found a flower for you today. If you wake up, you should like it very much."

His brows and eyes rarely eased, and he spoke warmly to the person in the coffin.

Yan Jiuge leaned over, gently stroked the ancient runes on the crystal coffin with his slender fingers, and the magic lines had already reached his fingertips. He continued without realizing it. "However, apart from being more beautiful, this flower seems

to be useless..."

"Where should I go to find you?"

All that remains is paranoia.

...

**

Chu Qi suddenly opened his eyes.

He woke up from the dream, staring at the white gauze bed curtain out of focus.

An inexplicable layer of mist dimmed his eyes, and water flooded into his eye sockets, and the emotions remaining from the dream almost burst.

"..."

Fortunately, it was just a dream.

Yan Jiuge is still fine now.

Chu Qi was comforting himself, but suddenly found that the room was quiet - he was the only one left.

"Yan Jiuge!"

What about people? ! What about Yan Jiuge and others?

Chu Qi quickly got off the bed and hurried towards the door. His thoughts were a little confused, and because of excessive worry, it was difficult to distinguish dreams from reality for a while.

"Creak—!"

At this moment, the wooden door of the guest room was pushed open, and the second person who had the forbidden key of this room came back.

The light outside the room suddenly fell on Chu Qi, making his steps stop.

I saw Yan Jiuge in black standing at the door, with one hand behind his back and the other pushing the door. When he raised his eyes, his eyes collided with Chu Qi's hazy teary eyes, and he couldn't help feeling a little more flustered.

"...What's wrong with you?" Yan Jiuge asked softly.

It wasn't long before he left, right? And the door lock of the house is not broken, no one should have come in just now.

While waiting for Chu Qi's answer, Yan Jiuge subconsciously went through all the potential dangers in his mind.

After Chu Qi saw the person, he finally distinguished the dream from the reality. He didn't care about the embarrassment, and asked Yan Jiuge, "Where did you go just now?

" I went to buy candied haws."

This bunch of candied haws is big and red, and the pale golden sugar shell is crystal clear in the sunlight, and you can tell that it is very sweet just by looking at it.

"You were still sleeping when the hawker selling candied haws passed by, so I went down to buy it first."

Chu Qi was fond of sweets when he was a child, and he really liked to eat this.

After receiving the candied haws from Yan Jiu singer, Chu Qi blinked, trying to get rid of the soreness in his eyes.

"Why... um... I want to ask, why are you crying?" Yan Jiuge asked after all.

Chu Qi: "There's sand in my eyes."

Yan Jiuge: "And I ran down from the bed without putting on my shoes." The

two words rang out almost at the same time, and the lie that Chu Qi used to cover up was self-defeating.

Chu Qi: "..."

Yan Jiuge looked at him quietly for a moment, without urging him, but with a very serious expression, and speculated, "If someone bullies you..."

Chu Qi couldn't hide it, "I had a nightmare and woke up with fright."

" Dreams are all fake, you can't take them seriously. You had a dream about the number one swordsman in the Yunhua world before." Yan Jiuge rarely said a word of comfort.

Let's count it as consolation.

Chu Qi didn't want to continue talking about "dreams", so he raised his hand and handed the candied haws to Yan Jiuge's mouth, "Do you want to eat it?"

"..." Children only eat this.

Yan Jiuge was about to refuse.

"I'll give you the first bite." Chu Qi said.

"..." The first bite of candied haws is the sweetest.

What Chu Qi had said flashed through Yan Jiuge's mind, and for a moment, he lowered his head by accident, and tasted the first bite of candied haws.

The sweetness spread in the mouth, this kind of food for children is actually not bad.

Yan Jiuge thought to himself.