Chapter 66

At the intersection of the street, an exquisite wooden bridge connects to another street. Below the bridge is a meandering river leading to the moat of Yancheng.

A young man in red was standing at the intersection of the street. No one approached him within ten feet, as if he was in a busy city and still enjoyed the tranquility to himself.

Chu Qi stood still five feet in front of him, looking at him carefully.

Seeing Chu Qi approaching, the young man in red spoke first, "I'm serving Hujiu, what's your name?"

"My surname is Chu."

Chu Qi didn't mention his name much. A little stiff, he stopped being polite, "Your Excellency seems to have some other purpose."

"I just want to get to know you, if I offend you, please forgive me." Hujiu's words were unclear.

"If it's just the lantern from before, naturally I wouldn't care about anything."

Chu Qi lowered his eyes and glanced behind Hujiu. There seemed to be an illusory fox fire there, which gave Chu Qi a vague sense of familiarity.

"I hope Your Excellency knows how to maintain a stranger's propriety."

Hearing Chu Qi's words, Hujiu's stiff look faded away, and the corners of his lips curled up to greet him with a smile again, "That's natural, if it wasn't for no reason, How could you disturb Your Excellency?"

There was something in Hujiu's words, and Chu Qi heard a warning from it.

It's rather interesting, it was Hujiu who provoked him first, but now he opens his mouth to warn him.

"There is no reason, and it can't stop someone from doing it on purpose."

After Chu Qi finished speaking, Hujiu wanted to say something, but he felt a bad breath approaching them.

Hujiu paused, and when he raised his eyes, he saw a young man in a black and gold dress, looking at him with a worried expression, and the guard in his eyes was undisguised.

It was Yan Jiuge, the successor of the Yan family who had left Chu Qi before and did not know where he was going.

Surprised by Yan Jiuge's aura, Hujiu took a small step back for no reason.

"Your Excellency, the young master of the Yan family...?"

No matter what, he has not exposed it now. Yan Jiuge had no reason to attack him, otherwise it would be of no benefit to the Yan family to stir up conflicts between the monster race and the human race.

While thinking about it, Hujiu wanted to say something more, and out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of the red marriage lamp in Yan Jiu's singer. His eyebrows twitched uncontrollably, causing waves of waves in his heart.

Fox Wine couldn't be more clear about the meaning of Yancheng lanterns.

This is what lovers use to bond.

He used to use lanterns to contact the owner of Yaowanggu Shaogu, because the reason for using lanterns to strike up a conversation can't go wrong.

But Yan Jiuge and Master Yao Shaogu seemed to have known each other for a long time, so there was no need to use such an excuse to strike up a conversation. So there is only the former possibility.

Marriage to the Lantern—there is such a relationship between the two of them? !

The emotions in Hu Jiu's eyes surged. He felt that the lantern he had just sent out had turned into an extremely dangerous thing. No wonder Yan Jiuge's breath was not good.

"What are you doing in Yancheng?" Yan Jiuge's voice sounded very cold.

This was said to Fox Wine.

"I came down to Yancheng to play, and accidentally ran into two gentlemen walking down the street. It's getting late today, so I'll take my leave first."

Hu Jiu took a step back, bowed to the two, and then turned to leave.

Fox fire was faintly floating on the hem of his red clothes, but after a while, his figure disappeared into the crowd, making it impossible to find a trace.

Leave in front of Yan Jiuge and Chu Qi. Hujiu found a hidden place, set up a barrier, took out the messenger jade, and tried to tell the lord what he had just discovered.

After a while, the call was connected.

An old and hoarse voice sounded from the end of the Lingyu messenger, "Fox Jiu, what are you asking?"

"My lord, I came to Yancheng this time and found something unexpected." Hu Jiu tidied up his words, Tell me all you have seen and heard just now, "The heir of the Yan family and the owner of Shaogu of the Medicine King Valley have an admiring relationship, which is deeper than what we have guessed in the past." "Is this true?" That said The voice sounded urgent.

Hujiu remembered Yan Jiuge's warning eyes, and nodded firmly, "Really!"

"Are you using the magic weapon I gave you? If you can seize the opportunity, you can kill them together. They are each other's weakness, yes As far as we are concerned, it is a good thing."

Hearing the voice of the adult, Hujiu couldn't recover for a while. It was the first time he heard the grown-up speak such a long speech. There was an urgency in his tone that couldn't be concealed.

It seems that as long as Yan Jiuge and Yao Wanggu Shaogu master are removed, all the fates that are pressing on their monster clan can be solved easily.

"But... can we really liberate the Yaozu by doing this?" For no reason, Hujiu suddenly hesitated. He thought of his transparent eyes when he met the owner of Yaowang Valley Shaogu, people with evil thoughts would not have such eyes.

Is there any misunderstanding in this?

Fox Wine's thoughts were a little confused.

"Naturally." Hearing Fox Wine's hesitation, the person at the other end of the communication increased his tone, "Have you forgotten what I told you? The sacred tree fell, and the Valley of the Medicine King was to blame. And since the ancient war, Have you ever seen a monk in the Hidden Cloud Realm who was able to ascend to the Upper Realm? This is all because the Yan family is in charge of the Ascension to Immortal Terrace, preventing other monks from ascending."

"Besides, without the sacred tree, so many members of our demon clan are polluted by evil spirits , become irrational monsters, and as the patriarch of the monster clan, have you ever thought about them?"

With a few words, the hesitation in Linghu Jiu's eyes faded little by little.

This matter cannot be delayed any longer, as long as the evil spirit remains in the Hidden Cloud Realm, the first to be injured must be their monster clan.

Fox Wine took a deep breath, and said in a solemn tone, "I understand, I will follow your instruction."

"Treasure your eyes, they can see many secrets. When the battle is over, it will be up to you to find them The whereabouts of the two, I will provide you with the greatest assistance. Don't worry."

After the interrogation, Lingyu disappeared into the air.

Fox Wine reached out and took off the fox mask that covered his face, revealing a handsome face and those mysterious eyes that were like mist.

The demon pupil of the Nine-Tailed Fox Clan, he is the most talented one in thousands of years.

Using force with his fingers, Fox Wine crushed the fox mask in his hand and poured spiritual power into it, turning it into six faceless demon foxes.

These demon foxes are clones of Fox Wine. He has nine tails in total. The six faceless foxes in front of him have consumed his six tails, which is equivalent to six lives.

After hesitating for a moment, Hujiu took out the magic weapon that the adult gave him, and covered the six faceless foxes.

In an instant, Hujiu saw invisible threads entwining his six faceless demon foxes, and an extremely strange aura cut off the connection between him and the faceless demon foxes.

Hu Jiu was a little confused, but he could indeed see that the aura of the Faceless Demon Fox was rising, even reaching the level of his cultivation.

At this time, the puppet that Hujiu threw out earlier condensed into a solid body in a corner of Yancheng. It had no facial features, except for a talisman attached to its head. After a while, the talisman turned into an ordinary human face, making people It looks like it's taking shape.

Before the formation formed by Fox Wine was fully formed, it almost couldn't wait to walk into the crowd of Yancheng, hoping to meet the two people who would kill him in words soon.

On the other side, after Fox Wine left.

"Just now, that man is a nine-tailed fox from the demon clan. He is good at using illusion to confuse people's hearts. If he is not careful, he will be pulled into the illusion."

Yan Jiuge explained the origin of the fox wine to Chu Qi, and his cold voice softened.

"Nine-tailed demon fox?" This reminded Chu Qi of Yun Jiangmiao's contracted beast, and when he was in Huacheng, the faint gaze also left traces of fox fire.

"En." Yan Jiuge responded.

When he returned to reality, it would not be too late for him to go to Yun Jiangmiao to verify.

Chu Qi was thinking, when he turned his head, he found that Yan Jiu was holding a red lantern among the singers.

The lantern was very big, twice as big as the one sent by the trustee of Fox Wine, and it was embellished with gold and jade colors, as if it symbolized a golden and jade marriage. In Yancheng, the bigger the lanterns, the better. People think that vulgarity is elegant, and red is more friendly than other colors of lanterns.

It's just that this lantern doesn't match Yan Jiuge's temperament at all. I don't know why there is such a lantern among Yan Jiu's singers.

Chu Qi was stunned for a moment, then returned to his senses and asked with a smile, "Who gave it to you? In Yancheng, lanterns have other meanings..."

"No one gave it to me."

Chu Qi's pretendingly relaxed voice suddenly stopped Stop, he looked sideways, and his gaze was facing Yan Jiuge's eyes. Those dark golden eyes are extremely serious, pure and abnormal.

At this time, the two of them were at the intersection of the street, in a busy city, with bright lights, people coming and going, shadows of people on the bridge, and a slow river below the bridge.

In Chu Qi's eyes, all the prosperous scenes in the world are reduced to the foil of Yan Jiuge alone. He has seen Yan Jiuge who is paranoid, and Yan Jiuge who is proud or indifferent, but at this moment, he has seen unprecedented seriousness and care in Yan Jiuge's eyes.

In those dark golden eyes, there is only the shadow of Chu Qi.

"I want to give it to Aqi." Yan

Jiuge's voice was a little soft, but every word was very clear, "I wonder if you are willing to accept it?"

, if the other party accepts it, it means that he is willing to accept the favor. ]

The voice of the child from before was surging in Chu Qi's mind again.

The meaning of Yancheng lanterns is different, he just understood it, but I don't know if Yan Jiuge also understands the meaning of lanterns?

Chu Qi was in a daze.

"Do you know that Yancheng lanterns are given to—" Unknowingly, Chu Qi subconsciously asked out of excessive hesitation.

After regaining his senses, Chu Qi shut his mouth suddenly, he was afraid that he would tear up the last peace and make the relationship between the two of them awkward.

The sound of heartbeat was inexplicably uneasy, even in the face of thunder disaster, Chu Qi had never felt such emotion.

"I know that lanterns are only given to sweethearts." Yan Jiuge took a deep breath, and carefully continued the unfinished words, "I always thought that Aqi and I could become friends. But it's not the case. My friend, I want to be the one who will always be by your side in the future. No one can love you instead of me."

"So this lantern is only for Aqi."