Chapter 82

The Hidden Cloud Realm, the borderland.

After the demonic energy eroded the hidden cloud world, it was blocked by the barrier force at this boundary, unable to spread to the cloud world.

The dark evil spirit continued to condense, and finally turned the area into chaos.

There is no light, only silent black, surging with evil spirit.

A pale hand slowly lifted from the ground, its movements were stuck and clumsy, and it would even fall back to the ground halfway.

Because the bones supporting this hand have been shattered, there is only a thin white silk thread at the junction of the joints.

The silk thread was tightened slowly, and after an unknown amount of time, the arm was finally lifted successfully.

In the palm of that hand was holding a clean and flawless crystal. The outline of the crystal is like a heart, but it has a rare pure brilliance in the world.

The thread changed angle again.

Flipping the palm, the heart was refitted into the doll's shattered chest.

For an extremely long time in the past, this white silk thread painstakingly pieced together all the fragments of the puppet's body, except for this heart, which could not be lifted by the puppet thread.

Can only be done with puppet's hands.

"Boom..." A

tiny heartbeat sounded in the puppet's chest, and the last and most difficult step was finally completed.

The white silk thread outlines the shape of a leaf very humanely, and then, as before, it lies on the doll's wrist.

The heartbeat of the puppet is recovering, but its eyes are not opened, and it is still lying quietly on the ground, as if it is having a good dream.

dreaming.

Ling Congwu met his mother.

The background is still the courtyard that makes her feel at ease. The sunset outside the window is orange and red, crushed into the porcelain of gouache paint, it looks shining.

"What is Xiao Wu doing?" The

mother came in from the house, looked at her figure sitting in front of the table, and asked aloud.

"I'm doing today's homework." Hearing her mother's words, she subconsciously stopped, put the pen on the pen holder, turned to look at her mother, and talked about today's class.

"Mother, the teacher in today's class said that in order to make the puppet he made become animated, he must at least reach the golden core. When can I do it?"

"..." The

air was quiet for a moment, but the mother did not answer Her question, other things asked aloud, "Does Xiaowu like to practice puppetry? The school in Baiyou Pavilion should have other spiritual arts to learn. You have wood spirit roots, so it is also good to do medical training." A very good choice."

"I want to animate this puppet left by my father!"

"Mom, everyone says that my father is a very powerful puppeteer with high talent, why is my talent so poor? Mother is also a powerful monk!"

"..."

The more she spoke, the more frustrated her voice became. The mother's palm fell on top of her head at some point and touched her head.

"It's all mother's fault, Xiao Wu."

"No, it's Xiao Wu who is too useless. If only I could be as good as my father, then I could also refine a substitute puppet for my mother to protect her from getting hurt ."

She shook her head, and at the same time handed the doll that was about to be completed to her mother.

The puppet is so exquisite that it only needs to draw the eyebrows and eyes to complete it.

"Xiao Wu is really beautiful." Mother praised.

"The elder said that the doll can't draw the face at will, but I asked the elder, if it is allowed to be made into my own appearance.

" When you go out, you can see Xiao Wu every day."

"Mother is going out again, right?"

"...Yes, I will come back as soon as possible. I'm sorry, Xiao Wu. Mother will find a way to solve it. You want to do something. A powerful puppeteer, right?"

"Yeah!"

She nodded earnestly.

"Then wear this." Before leaving, the mother took out a crystal pendant and solemnly put it on her body.

And after that day, my mother never came back.

But her talent suddenly became very good, and her promotion speed became faster and faster, jumping from the original limit in the middle stage of foundation establishment to Nascent Soul, and then even higher realms.

During this process, she was proficient in the puppet art of the Ling family, and refined powerful puppets, making them as agile as living people.

But these joys and longings can no longer be shared with my mother.

In the long loneliness, she was about to be promoted to the Mahayana period, and in the evening when the dusk intersected with the night, she saw her mother again.

"Mother!"

She ran over quickly with joy in her words.

Even after becoming a powerful monk, he still retains his youthful dependence and nostalgia when facing his mother.

The mother bowed her head and did not respond to her words.

When she realized something was wrong, she found that her body could no longer move.

The invisible thread wound around her body at some point, manipulating her like a puppet.

She struggled hard, wanting to get rid of the manipulation of puppetry. As a puppeteer, she knows what to do to escape.

—but it didn't work.

In her widened pupils, she saw that the end of those silk threads was connected to a delicate girl doll.

The doll had the same face as hers.

That is Ling Congwu.

She could no longer break free from the silk thread on her body.

Dreams shattered, nightmares come.

She is manipulated by a puppet who looks the same as her, and is forced to obey the puppet's orders.

Later, she was promoted to the Mahayana stage, and after failing to ascend, she was refined into a puppet.

Refining puppets from living people is a forbidden technique of the Ling family, and it will be punished by heaven. But if the puppet master refines himself into a puppet, nothing will happen.

"It" is the monster that can control the puppeteer, constantly eroding everyone's minds.

After becoming a puppet, she is surrounded by countless puppet threads, turning her home into a huge puppet theater, performing the drama it arranged day after day.

A failed puppet will fall from the stage and be smashed to pieces.

Many golems died, and it might be her turn soon.

She has been waiting for that day, and only death can escape such control and fate.

That day came so fast.

It is wearing a complicated and solemn costume, with its mother's face on it. Throw her from the void into the barrier of the Yan family with his own hands.

Mother...

Mother was also controlled by it, and even lost her soul.

[Ling Congwu. 】

Someone is calling her name.

who is it?

Who is calling her name?

The doll's brows were furrowed, eyelashes fluttered, and it opened its eyes in the thick darkness.

she woke up.

"Ling Congwu."

"..."

The voice in his consciousness was close to his ears.

The puppet rolled its dark eyeballs, and two figures were reflected.

The devilish aura entrenched around shrank because of their arrival and faded to the rear.

"Her condition is very bad, her vitality is meager, and her soul is dim. I don't know if the healing spirit will be effective."

The voice that called her name said this to the companions.

"..." The

dry throat could not utter a word, because the doll's neck was broken.

【who are you? ] She whispered in her consciousness.

Hearing this voice transmission from the divine consciousness, Chu Qi was taken aback, and immediately introduced his own background, "I am the heir of the Yaowang Valley today, Chu Qi. He is the heir of the Yan family, Yan Jiuge."

"We came here to find you , because your mother, Hu Jin, put the important things of the sacred tree on you. We hope to get her."

[Mother... important things. ]

She remembered that piece of colored glaze.

Now her body has become a puppet, and her body has long been corroded by the evil spirit.

After falling into the barrier of the Yan family, the puppet was also destroyed.

Only Liuli is left, and her puppet line is intact.

However, Liuli now took the place of her heart.

Sensing Chu Qi's intention, she moved her palm, and the puppet string moved, tightly protecting the glazed heart in her hand.

Without this heart, the puppet is really dead.

[What's the use of it? ] she asked.

"It seals the original power of the sacred tree, which is one of the conditions for awakening it. Now the evil spirit envelops the entire cloud hidden world, and only the sacred tree can dispel these evil spirits."

Chu Qi said truthfully.

[So it's like this, so it's like this...] She repeated this sentence, as if she suddenly lost her soul, it was extremely empty.

It's all her fault, if only she and her mother complained about talent.

It would be fine if I didn't practice puppetry.

"..." The air was quiet, Chu Qi could sense her emotions, but not her inner thoughts, so he remained silent, waiting for her to calm down.

The murmur disappeared, and the puppet clenched its palms.

Only then did Chu Qi continue, "You are in a very bad condition now. I can try to treat you, but I don't know if the healing spell will work."

[No! ]

She is a sinner.

[Let me die, I should have died long ago. I did so many bad things and killed many innocent people, even my mother was killed by me, I——]

【Why am I alive? ]

"Because your mother loves you. Even though she did something wrong, she gave you the heart of glazed glass privately, obeyed the evil bewitchment, and changed your destiny for you."

"There are too many people in the world who can't help themselves, but no one is Born to die."

"But fate is like this."

A red teardrop rolled down the doll's eye socket, and her clenched hands slowly loosened, revealing the glass heart in her chest.

Amidst the huge emotional fluctuations, the puppet thread felt the sadness of its master, and gradually gave up its instinct. Let the master's mind control.

[I miss my mother. ]

[I want to tell her that I am no longer a puppet master. If I can stay with my mother, I would rather be mediocre forever. ]

During the words, the puppet's fingers moved slightly, and she took out the glass heart in her chest and handed it to Chu Qi.

The corners of the damaged lips rose slightly, making Cong Wu seem to have thought of something beautiful, and her eyes were also stained with brilliance.

[Please take it away. 】

【After becoming a puppet, I was manipulated by being wrapped in silk threads. This is the only thing I can decide. 】

"The cloud outside the window..." She was able to speak simple words at this time.

"The birds flying on the clouds... and the wind passing through the clouds..." The

hoarse voice was full of joy.

During the days when she was trapped in Baiyou Pavilion making puppets, she often watched everything outside through the window.

"Me too..."

"Free." In the

vague words, the body of the puppet that lost its glass heart to keep alive was shattering.

The puppet was already broken, but piece by piece, it was only supported by the Heart of Glazed Glass.

One after another healing spells fell on the puppet, but she was isolated by herself. The radiance of the spirit art like a firefly dissipated, along with the doll itself.

She chose to dissipate freely in this world.

Only a clean heart of colored glaze remained in Chu Qi's palm.