Chapter 61

Hearing what Chu Qi said, Uncle Lin hesitated to speak, and finally said nothing, acquiescing to the matter.

Skipping the interlude caused by the talisman, the group continued to walk deep into the mountains.

The sun slanted to the west, and the twilight gradually dyed half of the sky red.

Along the way, Chu Qi and Yan Jiuge talked about everything.

Although most of them were Chu Qi asking and Yan Jiuge answering, but once the two of them talked, there was always an atmosphere that outsiders could not join the conversation. You can only wait five feet away for their chat to end.

"Master, should we take a break?"

Seeing a relatively open grassland in front of him, Uncle Lin couldn't help turning his head to ask Chu Qi's opinion.

A long time ago, Uncle Lin had gently reminded Chu Qi that he could take a carriage, which would be more comfortable, but Chu Qi pretended not to understand and continued to walk with Yan Jiuge.

This walk lasted two hours. Although the monk was in good health and walking was fine, but his family's status as the owner of the young valley did not sit in the ready-made carriage, but walked with outsiders for two hours. How could this be possible?

Uncle Lin's slander Chu Qi naturally didn't know, he looked up at the sky, nodded in response, "Okay, take a rest in front."

Although Chu Qi himself was not tired. But there were many attendants following him, probably more than fifty people.

Among so many people, a few weak medical practitioners began to sweat on their foreheads, and it was a good choice to take a break in front. There is no guarantee that there will be danger in the future, and fatigue will reduce the monk's combat effectiveness.

After receiving Chu Qi's affirmative reply, Uncle Lin's gaze eased a little, and ordered the other attendants and disciples of Yaowanggu to arrange a resting place.

The young owner of Yaowang Valley is also very particular about camping in the countryside.

An exquisite building like a pavilion rose from the ground, and the attendants took out some decorations and furniture from the Qiankun bag and began to place them in the building.

Compared with ordinary monks who would sit directly on the grass, they directly moved the house to the outskirts. Everything was no different from the layout in the town, except that what you saw when you opened the window was green grass and trees, not the streets of the town.

Fifteen: "..."

He stood aside, a little dumbfounded.

"Isn't it just to take a break for a while? Do you want to live here permanently with your posture?" Fifteen's tone was a little surprised.

"What do you know?" Zisu passed by Shiwu's side holding a vase taller than her, with a brisk tone, "Our master has a noble status, how can we sleep in the wild in the countryside? Master Lin has already arranged, these things are all If you bring them all, there will never be a potted leaf missing."

"..."

Fifty-one was speechless for a while, and he watched Zisu put the vases in the room, and took out various small vases. Items are ready for display.

This big family's ostentation really made him dumbfounded.

The Yan family is also an ancient big family, and the young master of their Yan family is also a noble status—but every time he goes out to clean up evil spirits, the young master just eats and sleeps in the open, not to mention using the magic weapon of space to bring a small building here. I don't have much time to rest. I usually continue on my way after meditating and adjusting my breath.

Fifteen looked at the comfortable and delicately furnished small building in front of him. Compared with his young master's previous experience, he felt that after returning to his home this time, he had to report this matter to the Patriarch.

To give the young master the treatment he deserves, even if he can't compare to the ostentation of the young master in front of him, he must have a small building worthy of the young master's status!

Oh, but if this is the case, I still need to find Master Yan Chi to refine a space magic weapon again, I don't know if it will work.

In fact, it's not just Fifteen who was dumbfounded.

Chu Qi himself was stunned by the arrangement after the "temporary rest".

Chu Qi thought that taking a short rest meant stopping, sitting and chatting on the grass. Yan Jiuge was born in a family, so he might be more particular about it, so he can first cast a cleansing spell to ensure the cleanliness of the grass.

But at the moment, it seems that the aristocratic ostentation that is more particular than Yan Jiuge has appeared.

Is his status so prominent and honorable?

In the illusion, Uncle Lin's expression was the same as that of other attendants, it was a natural state.

But in reality, Uncle Lin, who brought up Chu Qi, was very approachable, like an ordinary elder, he would consider the right amount of candied haws for Chu Qi, so as to avoid his tooth decay.

"Master, the small building is all set up, you can go in and have a good rest." Zisu ran to Chu Qi and told him.

The arrangement took only half an hour. New tea has been brewed on the table in the small building, and there are pastries and fruits. A curl of cigarette smoke was lit on the censer. It was a very light incense, which smelled refreshing.

Even the details have been prepared, the only thing left is for Chu Qi to go in and sit down.

"..."

Chu Qi regained his composure from the sigh, and turned to ask Yan Jiuge, "Friend Yan, will you go in and rest with me?"

Faced with Chu Qi's invitation, Yan Jiuge found himself completely in those expectant eyes. reflection.

There was a slip in his throat, and the words of refusal came to his lips, and it became as heavy as a thousand tons, making it difficult to say.

"My lord, we still need to search for the traces of those things." At this time, Shiwu reminded Yan Jiuge in a low voice.

Of course Yan Jiuge knew that his business here was to clean up the monsters polluted by evil spirits in the mountains. That's why he hesitated.

--and many more!

Why should he hesitate?

Is it because I heard Chu Qi's invitation, so I don't want to leave here right away...?

Yan Jiuge suddenly came back to his senses, and after thinking a little bit more clearly, he felt restless, so he subconsciously followed Shiwu's words and said, "Yes, our Yan family still has some things to deal with, you should rest first, and wait until I'm around After the investigation, I'll come back to you."

Yan Jiuge's voice was faster than usual, and after he finished speaking, the Long Yin sword at his waist was unsheathed, and he drove away with the sword.

The fluctuation of spiritual power brought a gust of wind, brushed against Chu Qi's ear, and curled up a strand of hair.

"Ah, my lord, wait for me." Fifteen regained consciousness, belatedly chasing after the direction Yan Jiuge left.

There was silence all around.

Chu Qi's fingers touched the tips of his ears, and smoothed the lock of hair behind his ears.

The itching at the tips of the ears stopped, but not in the bottom of my heart.

Chu Qi sighed in his heart, temporarily resisting the idea of ​​following, and walked towards the small building that Uncle Lin and others had arranged for him.

He still has some things he wants to ask Uncle Lin.

The illusion he is in now is a bit too real. I don't know what kind of illusion it is, maybe I can knock it from Uncle Lin's side.

With his current status as the young master of a big family, he can always know a lot of things.

However, what Chu Qi didn't expect was that after he entered the small building, Uncle Lin took the lead in setting up a soundproof barrier around him, and said in a cautious tone.

"Master Shaogu, you can't continue to stay with the Yan family, it will put you in a dangerous situation."

"?"

Just hearing these words, Chu Qi's heart was completely occupied by curiosity, and he spoke cautiously , "Why do you say that? According to my observation, I think Yan Daoyou is a very good person."

"That's because you don't know his identity. He is actually the young master of the Yan family, not an ordinary law enforcement officer of the Yan family. They The things to be cleaned up are evil spirits! You can no longer follow them, at least not before arriving in Yancheng."

Facing Chu Qi's gradually disappointed eyes, Uncle Lin couldn't help but recall the journey that happened just now. The scene where Yan Jiuge had a happy conversation——

"Oh!" Uncle Lin sighed melancholy, and continued to persuade him earnestly, "This is not to say that the young master of the Yan family can't get along with others, but that he is going to do something. , is very dangerous to you. You must never put yourself in danger."

Chu Qi memorized the key clues, and continued to ask without any trace, "But Uncle Lin, I can draw a magic talisman to eliminate evil spirits. How much threat will the evil spirits pose to me? Shouldn't they be more afraid of me? Why should I avoid them?"

"These are two different things." Uncle Lin's expression was serious, "If your strength is exposed, The evil spirits will try to kill you at all costs, so that we in the Hidden Cloud Realm..."

[The sacred tree will no longer be restored, the aura will decline, and the Hidden Cloud Realm will enter the Dharma-ending Age sooner or later. Under the overturned nest, there are no eggs? 】

Recalling the words of Gu Zhu, Uncle Lin sighed. He has been taking care of Chu Qi's diet and daily life, and he is very familiar with Chu Qi's emotional changes.

No one has ever made Chu Qi care so much, and has taken the initiative to fight for it.

"You have to protect yourself first, and then you can protect the person you care about."

"Then what should I do, Uncle Lin?" Chu Qi murmured. He is someone who has already died once, and the last time he died because of an inexplicable "plot", it has always been a thorn in Chu Qi's heart.

Hearing Uncle Lin's words in the illusion now made Chu Qi feel a lot of emotions.

If he hadn't died in the previous life, Yan Jiuge wouldn't have ended like that.

So what is he going to do?

"Smoke City, the Valley Master has already made people set up a net there. At that time, you can do whatever you want. It won't be long, Shaogu Master, you have sacrificed for so many years, and you will soon be truly reborn. "

"At that time, the burden of responsibility on Yaowanggu will be completely relieved."

"..."

Yaowanggu.

Hearing this familiar name again, Chu Qi subconsciously looked between his wrists. In this illusion, the vine ring didn't seem to come in with him, but there was a light green spirit pattern on his wrist.

His identity in the illusion turned out to be the owner of the Young Valley of the Medicine King Valley?

There seemed to be some clues strung together in the dark, which made Chu Qi find some hazy feeling.

"I just don't do anything, can I just go to Yancheng?" Chu Qi asked.

"..." Uncle Lin had a hesitant look on his face when he heard his question, and then said, "It's not just that, we have to find the Wannian Blood Ganoderma."

There is also a situation that the owner of the valley has arranged in advance, but Chu Qi cannot be known. At that time, as long as Uncle Lin himself finds the ten thousand year blood ganoderma, clears away the evil spirits around him, and returns the same way.

In this game of chess, the most dangerous move is in Yancheng. At that time, they couldn't closely follow Chu Qi's side for protection, and the risk came from this.

"Since that's the case, I don't think I can rest for too long. I'm going to look for the ten-thousand-year blood ganoderma now." Chu Qi stood up from the seat and planned to walk outside.

"Master Shaogu! You don't have to go find it yourself..." Uncle Lin hurriedly said, trying to persuade him to come back.

"I'm worried. Uncle Lin, I know you're hiding something from me." Although the illusion has changed some things, the essence of a person will not change.

Chu Qi could see Uncle Lin's concealment.

Sure enough, after Chu Qi's words were spoken, the expression on Uncle Lin's face changed, and he finally nodded in response, "Okay, where are you going, I will send someone to protect you together."

Once Chu Qi decides something, there are very few Man can change his mind.

Uncle Lin asked Chu Qi to bring twenty guards, all of whom were above the stage of transforming gods and belonged to the high-ranking monks in the Yin Yin Realm.

The owner of the valley has calculated that the trip to the mountains will not be dangerous.

The real danger lies in Smokey City.

Uncle Lin comforted himself in his heart, watching Chu Qi's figure disappear among the overlapping mountains.

Zisu didn't follow, her face was full of puzzlement, "Master Lin, as the owner of the Shaogu, what kind of ten thousand year blood ganoderma should he find by himself?

" There are more than a hundred Ten Thousand Years Blood Ganoderma lucidum, so why did they travel thousands of miles to pick a blood Ganoderma that is about to mature?

"This trip is the experience of Master Shaogu." Uncle Lin didn't explain too much to Zisu, he ordered, "I want to send a message to Master Gu, and you should prepare something to refresh your mind. I can rest."

"Of order." Zisu nodded, and went to work immediately.

Twilight deepened.

The sky began to become darker and darker.

Chu Qi walked in front, opened his perception, to feel the flow of spiritual energy between heaven and earth. The ten-thousand-year blood ganoderma grows on the cliff, and it is not difficult to find it. Uncle Lin once told Yan Jiuge about the characteristics of the ten-thousand-year blood ganoderma, and Chu Qi wrote it down along the way.

Now it comes in handy.

Anyway, Chu Qi now has a premonition that this illusion is not just the illusion of Yan Jiuge alone, it involves the illusion of more people. In a sense, it has become another kind of reality. After all, in the false illusion, there are many real people living together, how can people tell the truth of the illusion?

So this kind of illusion is very tricky, he can't just say to Yan Jiuge: This illusion is fake, you have to wake up and come back to reality with me.

It is to find the core of the illusion, that is, the person who cast the illusion, and kill him, so that the illusion can end.

So Chu Qi will try to integrate into his role in the illusion.

After sensing it, Chu Qi opened his eyes, "Northeast."

"Yes!"

Twenty guards responded in unison, surrounded Chu Qi in the middle, and walked towards the northeast.

The aura in that direction was extremely rich, like the center of a vortex of aura, as long as a monk could sense it, he could easily find it there.

However, this path is a bit strange.

The aura became more and more intense, but the vegetation gradually showed signs of thinning. When the withered grass appeared in front of him, Chu Qi stopped.

"Wait, there's something strange."

Chu Qi looked around and began to think about whether to continue walking. It was a bit like a trap, but the trap was so obvious that it couldn't catch the prey.

Therefore, the abnormality in this place may be caused by natural treasures, not man-made.

Chu Qi didn't know much about Xie Chong. It would be great if Yan Jiuge was around here, maybe I can ask him, but I don't know if he will answer.

Just as Chu Qi was thinking, there was a rustling sound in front of him.

The twenty guards stepped forward one after another as if they were facing a formidable enemy, protecting Chu Qi behind him.

After a while, the thing that caused the movement poked its head out from the withered grass, it was a slender little poisonous snake. As soon as it appeared, it felt the coercion from the twenty cultivators of the transformation stage. She Xinzi froze for a moment, then rushed into the grass and fled quickly.

"It's just a snake."

A guard murmured to himself, and his words expressed what most people were thinking, which made everyone's tense minds relax a lot.

"Let's look elsewhere, the cliff is not limited to this one." Chu Qi felt that there was no need for him to deliberately take risks. It was not a rational behavior to go in and find out when he knew something was wrong.

"Yes." The guards responded.

"Boom boom boom!"

At the same moment when their words fell, there was a sound like a mountain shaking came from the ground, the movement was so loud that the figures of the people standing above shook together.

The night swept away the last rays of the setting sun, and the whole world went dark. The light in the mountains is even darker.

The monk's eyesight is very good, and he can see even in the absence of light.

Chu Qi stabilized his body and turned most of his attention to the place where the movement broke out.

"Boom!" The

ground cracked a huge hole, and a huge python came out from the ground. Its body was huge, tens of feet wide, its scales were stained with strong evil spirit, and its eyes were full of mania. with pain.

"It's a monster again, master be careful."

There are many monsters in this mountain range. Not long ago, Chu Qi saw Yan Jiuge kill a monster, this time Chu Qi saw another one, and these monsters The state, as if to be bloodthirsty, no one is normal.

It stands to reason that monster beasts are stronger than spirit beasts, so they should be more human, why did they become like this.

In ancient books, there are demon clans whose prototypes are beasts cultivated to the Tao, but judging from the ferocious appearance of these monsters, they are not demon clans who have attained the Tao at all.

Chu Qi hid his doubts in his heart, and said to the guard, "We retreat, we don't have to face it head-on."

There was a strong evil spirit on the monster, which gave Chu Qi a bad feeling.

It's just that this monster was more ferocious than Chu Qi imagined. It almost followed the popularity and immediately rushed towards Chu Qi and the others.

Its huge body shuttled through the ground, making the broken ground even more messy, evil spirit overflowed from the scales, and a huge black phantom appeared above the monster's head.

"Bang!!"

A hole was knocked out of the ground, and Chu Qi and the others were right in the center of the hole!

above the cliff.

Yan Jiuge, who flew all the way to Yujian and rushed here, took off the bright ten thousand year blood ganoderma, and was about to carefully store it in a jade box, when he saw the black stain on the root of the ten thousand year blood ganoderma. Evil spirit.

Yan Jiuge frowned, and used the magic talisman to remove all the evil spirits. He didn't feel relieved until he couldn't find any more evil spirits, and planned to take this ten thousand year blood ganoderma back to Chu Qi.

Chu Qi is a medical practitioner and has a great need for herbal medicines. Maybe he can stop by later to find out if there are any other herbal medicines here.

Just when Yan Jiuge's thoughts diverged, a huge collision sound suddenly came from the bottom of the cliff.

The aura of the monster exploded at the bottom of the cliff, and a huge black phantom was floating above its head. Obviously, it was another monster polluted by evil spirits.

It happened at this time.

Yan Jiuge put the jade box into the Qiankun bag, and hurried towards the direction of movement.

Just when he was about to arrive, he witnessed the scene where Chu Qi and others were smashed into a big hole by a monster.

At that moment, Yan Jiuge always felt that his breath was about to freeze.

Sensing the change of Yan Jiuge's mood, the body of the Long Yin Sword was full of brilliance, and when the blade was lifted, the intent to kill the sword was concentrated in an instant, and it slashed towards the head of the monster from the side.

"——!" The

huge snake head was bumped by Long Yinjian's sword, and it fell in another direction, revealing the scene where it was smashed into the ground.

A defensive barrier with shattered marks first appeared in front of Yan Jiuge's eyes, which slightly eased his flustered mood.

Then came Chu Qi who was intact, and the twenty guards who protected him.

Because of the rapid attack of the monsters, they had no time to take Chu Qi to dodge, so they could only temporarily condense a defensive barrier to protect people first.

But the strength of the monsters still exceeded their imagination, and the barrier condensed by the combined efforts of twenty cultivators at the transformation stage could only withstand one blow.

The monster in front of him has at least the strength above the refining stage!

"Crack!" The

defensive barrier began to shatter, and strands of evil spirit glowed from the spider web-like cracks, which looked extremely ominous.

At this time, a voice came from mid-air, "Get out of here quickly, don't be contaminated by those black evil spirits."

Without raising his head, Chu Qi knew who was coming.

It was Yan Jiuge's voice.

Feeling a lot lighter suddenly, Chu Qi raised his hands and formed seals, and began to perform spiritual spells for the twenty guards.

Although he was only at the Nascent Soul stage, as a medical practitioner who could clear away evil spirits, his role would not be small.

The light golden brilliance of spirit art flashed, and the guard's strength was enhanced by the buff spirit art, and all the evil spirits that poured in from the gap in the barrier were completely wiped out.

Yan Jiuge glanced at it, and clearly remembered this scene in his mind.

The young man in fine clothes looked calm. He raised his hand to relieve the biggest crisis in the battle against monsters. The maddening and painful evil spirit disappeared invisible after touching his spirit.

suddenly.

A pale golden spiritual brilliance fell on Yan Jiuge's body, like a ray of light in the gradually darkening night.

Yan Jiuge remembered that when he first met Chu Qi, he also had such a spiritual brilliance. It's just that time was short at that time, and I didn't notice the problem that spiritual spells also dispel evil spirits.

He also thought that he was not contaminated with evil spirits.

There is no doubt that Chu Qi's identity is special, as is his spiritual power.

Judging from the previous attitude of accompanying and accompanying Chu Qi, Chu Qi's specialness should be well hidden, rather than exposed to others -

so why, at that time, Chu Qi rushed over to help him?

Before they met, they were strangers to each other and didn't know each other. Why did they rush to help him at the expense of exposing their specialness? Is it really just an occasional rescue?

Yan Jiuge lowered his eyes, and the emotions in his eyes were like waves surging in the deep sea.

"Ayan, be careful!" Below, the young man was calling him loudly.

That call came out very naturally, as if the young man had called out thousands of times before, that's why it sounded so intimate and familiar.

Yan Jiuge's heart was beating fast, and his fullness almost overwhelmed his thoughts.

And in front of him, the monster that was knocked aside by Long Yinjian came back to his senses, spit out the snake letter, and rushed towards the crowd again.

Yan Jiuge clenched the hilt of the Dragon Yin Sword tightly. Before he asked Chu Qi to clarify the doubts in his heart, he had to get rid of the monster in front of him.

One after another, pale golden spiritual brilliance fell on Yan Jiuge's body. The buffs and healing spells alternated, maintaining his state at its peak almost all the time, and he was not at a disadvantage against the monsters in the refining stage.

"You guys are at the side to help contain the monster's movement." Chu Qi ordered the other guards to help while paying attention to Yan Jiuge's fighting state.

"But master, it's safest for you to evacuate here first. The Yan family is born powerful, and it is their responsibility to clean up the out-of-control monsters, so..." Someone hesitantly refuted Chu Qi's decision.

Because in the eyes of these guards, Chu Qi's safety is the most important thing.

"So he has to face a monster in the Void Refinement Stage alone?"

Chu Qi frowned, the gentle aura on his body faded and was replaced by another sharp aura, the smile on his face disappeared, He said in a deep voice, "Since I am the master, you should obey my orders. If you are unwilling to help, you can leave on your own. Don't waste my time."

"It is also my duty to protect him."

This scene In the illusion, Chu Qi came here for Yan Jiuge alone.

As for his encounters and discoveries in the illusion, they are all secondary things.

It's a pity that in the illusion, there is no Guiyin sword given to him by Ayan, otherwise he would be able to participate in the frontal battle.

Just as Chu Qi was thinking about it, he subconsciously grasped it with his fingers, as if grabbing something from the void, and the touch felt like the hilt of Gui Yin Sword.

"..."

When Chu Qi was in the morning class at Wenjian Peak, he heard an elder from the sword cultivator line say that the highest level of kendo is to have a sword in your heart. In this way, the boundary between the visible and the invisible can be broken, and the sword moves can be used with the heart sword as one likes.

At this moment, Chu Qi held an "invisible sword" in his hand, and two different minds rose up in his body, and they were moving rapidly towards the Lingtai.

In front of him, Yan Jiuge was fighting against monsters. Chu Qi was very familiar with his swordsmanship. What's more, his swordsmanship was also taught by Yan Jiuge.

In an instant, thousands of thoughts came to an end.

Chu Qi held the spirit sword in his hand, tiptoed, and rushed towards the monster beast amidst the exclamation of many guards.

The next moment, a sharp sword energy burst out from Chu Qi's hand, and the spiritual energy between the heaven and the earth surged, frantically gathering in the direction of this sword energy from all directions.