Chapter 52

When Chu Qi and Yan Jiuge approached, they heard the sound of arguing on the street before they saw anyone.

"That won't work. You have to give me one thousand taels of gold before I can tell you where Qiucheng is."

"Can't you trade it for other things? For example, some jade." Luo Wuci persuaded.

"I just want gold."

"..."

Liu Weiming wanted to say something more, but out of the corner of his eye, he caught sight of two figures approaching here, then turned around, and said happily, "Senior Brother Chu, Junior Brother Chu!"

"We're here." Yan Jiuge nodded, and looked in front of Liu Weiming, "Is he the one who knows the whereabouts of Qiucheng?"

The man was dressed in shabby clothes, curled up in an alley, looking like a homeless vagabond. His hair was disheveled, his face was full of dirt, only a pair of eyes were rolling around, and he was also looking at the two new faces.

"Yes, I know how to get to Qiucheng, and I sold you the news of one thousand taels of gold." The man replied to Yan Jiuge's words. "You pay the money first."

"Okay."

Yan Jiuge responded bluntly, which stunned the man for a moment.

Using his sleeves as a cover, Yan Jiuge took out a stack of banknotes from the Qiankun bag and handed it to the man.

Yan Jiuge didn't have much gold, but he did have a lot of silver notes. At that time, when he came to the Yunhua Realm, the servants of the Yan family went to the bank to exchange millions of secular world money.

However, when the man saw that it was a bank note, he had a slightly disappointed expression on his face, "Why is it a proof of a bank note? Then don't I have to go to a bank to exchange it for gold? There is no exchange bank nearby, no, I No charge."

Chu Qi heard what he meant, "You don't want money, but gold?"

"Yes! I only want gold." The man nodded.

"It's so dangerous here. Everyone wants to leave here with money. Isn't it easier for you to leave with bank notes? Why do you want gold alone?"

Chu Qi narrowed his eyes.

"You don't care about me! If you don't give me a thousand taels of gold, I won't tell where Qiucheng is."

Yan Jiuge and Chu Qi looked at each other. The former withdrew his hand holding the bank note, "Forget it, juniors, let's go."

Liu Weiming and Luo Wuci had already talked to this person for a long time before, but this person was unwilling to enter and moved out of Qiucheng He was also indifferent to the words of danger.

Now that Yan Jiuge's voice fell, Liu Weiming and the others naturally obeyed Yan Jiuge's words and left as soon as they said it.

Seeing the four of them turn around and leave so simply, the man was dumbfounded. He quickly came out of the alley and asked after him, "You really don't want to know where Qiucheng is?

" Sorry to trouble you." Chu Qi's expression was light.

"Nine hundred taels?" The man asked tentatively.

Chu Qi didn't change his face: "No."

"Seven hundred taels! Should I have this?"

The man's tone was somewhat eager. He had seen Liu Weiming and Luo Wuci's honesty and earnestness earlier, so he bit them to death. One thousand taels of gold, but now because the gold in his mouth is about to fly, he starts to get anxious.

Chu Qi glanced at Yan Jiuge, who understood, "Ten taels."

"What?!!" The man exclaimed angrily, "Ten taels of gold is not enough to cast a brick! How can I enter Qiucheng? "

Yan Jiuge raised his eyebrows, "Do you need to pay gold to enter Qiucheng?"

The man covered his mouth and said angrily, "Outsider, you are playing tricks on me. If you don't pay me, I won't tell you."

"Ten taels of gold Do you want love or not."

There was a stalemate between the two sides, the man finally compromised, and the news was sold for ten taels of gold, "Autumn City is the place that everyone in the Central Region yearns for. It is made of gold and jade. It is extremely rich and can live in Qiucheng Inside, you will have no worries about food and clothing for the rest of your life. After sunset, you can take the gold and wait for the immortals to pick you up on the street. The more gold you pay in the city, the higher your status in the city will be."

"?"

This statement is completely contrary to the information revealed by the innkeeper.

The four of them looked at each other in blank dismay. They had all heard the words of the innkeeper, but now they heard the words of this suspected homeless man, and the clues felt strangely divided.

And this person in front of him easily revealed Qiucheng's whereabouts for the sake of gold.

There was nothing wrong with him, it didn't look like he was cursed.

Chu Qi looked up at the sky, it was almost evening, and the sunset would not be long.

The only thing the two have in common is that there will be "immortals" after sunset.

Yan Jiuge said, "Let's go back to the inn first."

The disciples of Tianxuanzong returned to the inn one after another before sunset.

Everyone exchanged clues and found that except for the homeless man, the others were displeased with Qiu Cheng and were unwilling to tell Qiu Cheng's whereabouts.

"..."

"Strange, what does this autumn city look like?" Luo Wuci was puzzled, "Our Tianxuanzong received a distress letter. It is obvious that some monks have occupied the autumn city and caused harm to the people. The only one who is willing to speak up is the whereabouts of the autumn city." People say that it is a city made of gold."

Liu Weiming suggested, "Why don't we go to the street after sunset to find out what those immortals are."

"Well, just wait."

Yan Jiuge looked Looking at the sky outside the house, the dusk is getting darker and night is approaching.

As early as in the evening, the innkeeper closed the door early, greeted the people staying in the inn, and hid in the airtight room by himself. There is still a small Buddha statue in his hand, and he is begging the Buddha to bless him.

The monk's perception is very strong. There is no barrier in the mortal's house, and the shopkeeper's thoughts can be heard through a few walls.

Yan Chi and others also stayed in this inn, and communicated with Yan Jiuge through a wall.

"A city made of gold? It's interesting. I want to live in it too. By then, the refining will save a lot of materials." Yan Chi said casually in a lazy voice.

Yan Jiuge was in deep thought, but when he heard his words, he suddenly frowned, "Say it again."

"Huh? I just tried to adjust the atmosphere and just said it casually." Sensing the change in Yan Jiuge's tone, Yan Chi repaired Justify yourself, "You have to know, as a craftsman, in my opinion, gold is more valuable than jade.

" Gold is expensive, but most monks are not interested in gold, only mortals and craftsmen are obsessed with it."

Yan Jiuge narrowed his eyes and continued to speculate, "Could it be a craftsman who caused the chaos in Autumn City? ?"

"This..." Yan Chi fell into a brief moment of contemplation. He put down the cauldron for refining the spirit weapon in his hand, and sighed, "Then I have to make a move. Golden City, I want to live in it too."

"It's a bit strange." Chu Qi was originally listening, and hesitantly asked, "Is the craftsman capable of destroying an entire city?"

"If it is a craftsman, I have a guess." Yan Chi said, "Refining the whole city After becoming a magic weapon, you can manipulate it and turn it into another place similar to the mustard space."

"But such a magic weapon has a disadvantage, except for the craftsman himself, no other living people can enter it."

" ..." The air fell silent.

If this is the case, there will be no living people in Qiucheng.

"Of course, there may be other means that I don't know about." Yan Chi walked out of the room, went to the edge of the corridor, and waited for the night.

"And the behavior of the shopkeepers is also very strange. If it is a golden city that everyone yearns for, why are they so afraid?"

After the interrogation, the sky outside turned dark.

Chu Qi and Yan Jiuge stood in the corridor on the second floor of the inn, looking at the desolate and empty streets below.

"Woo—!"

The wind from nowhere blows through the empty room, making whimper-like movements.

Because there were not many people, there would naturally be no lights on the street, and it was pitch black everywhere, which looked a little intrusive. No wonder the innkeeper was so frightened.

Just then, someone was running on the street.

Chu Qi recognized the man, who was the one who sold news for ten taels of gold in the afternoon.

His face was joyful, as if he was chasing what he wanted in his life, he ran madly in one direction.

"Follow him." Yan Jiuge said.

Everyone immediately jumped down from the corridor and stood still on the empty street.

"Boom!"

At this moment, there was a sudden sound of neat footsteps, and they fell heavily on the ground, like a metal collision or a boulder rolling. It came from the direction the man was running.

In Chu Qi's perception, ten auras similar to monks appeared out of thin air, and their strength was at the Jindan stage.

But their appearance is inhuman, their bodies are covered with solid metal and ore, and their bodies are tall and strong. There is no nose and mouth, only a pair of black and substanceless eyes on the head.

"This thing, puppet servant, tsk, is indeed the handiwork of a refiner. But to refine a puppet servant whose strength is at the Jindan stage, the strength of the refiner must be at least higher than Yuanying."

Yan Chi was still in the corridor , He looked at those things, always feeling a little disobedient.

"I want to enter Autumn City. I have twelve taels of gold. Let me go in." At this time, the person who yearned for Qiu City had already run up to the puppet servants, reached out to them, and handed over twelve taels of gold.

The puppet servant took the gold, then reached out and dragged the man behind him.

A trace of spatial fluctuation suddenly appeared, and the figure of that person disappeared.

Immediately afterwards, the ten puppet servants turned their heads in the direction of Yan Jiuge and the others, and walked towards them with thumping steps.

"Shall we go in?" Chu Qi asked.

"Leave six people outside to wait for the news, don't all go in." Yan Jiuge took out the gold from the Qiankun bag and distributed it to Chu Qi and the other four sword cultivator disciples.

"Check to see if there are any living people inside first, and then make a plan." During the

conversation, the puppets walked up to them. Chu Qi and the others did what the previous man did, and handed them the gold.

Surprisingly, they didn't accept it.

The black eyes of the puppets turned red, and a strange tone came from their bodies, "Cultivator, you can't get in alive." The

huge metal fist fell in the direction of Chu Qi and the others.

Everyone dodged around. Yan Jiuge was faster, instinctively grabbed Chu Qi's waist, and led him out of here together.