Countdown To Death

The little maid outside the door had already brought hot water, Qing Dai took the copper basin filled with hot water from the door, and walked into the inner room with her face downcast.

The ambiguous smell from last night in the room has not completely dissipated, the canopy bed is covered by the light red soft gauze bed curtain, and there is a shadowy figure lying on the bed.

The man sitting beside the bed was dressed in a white tunic, his black hair was loose, but it did not diminish his mighty aura in the slightest. He had a stern expression on his sharp-edged face, and a pair of eagle eyes were deep and majestic.

Qing Dai walked up to him, handed him the wrung towel, and when he was wiping his face, walked around behind him and carefully combed his soft and shiny black hair, then tied it up and put on a dark black gauze hat .

At this time, the figure in the bed curtain moved, as if propped up and straightened up, and the woman's soft and bright voice came, "Master Hou, I'm here to serve you."

"No need." The man's voice Dan Dan, had already stood up from the bed, and threw the towel in her hand to the maid in front of her.

Qingdai hurriedly caught it and put it aside, turned around and took off the official uniform hanging on the Huanghuali dragon gate, and waited for the man with his arms to put it on.

She is familiar with these steps largely by relying on her body's instinctive movements. The man is very close to her, and she seems to feel his heavy gaze above her head. It exposed his bare chest outside his coat.

Before he could react, she had already knelt down on the ground with a "plop", her forehead resting on the back of her hand, her voice trembling: "Master Hou, forgive me."

Wei Yuan stared at the girl's slightly trembling thin back, and frowned. He pursed his thin lips, but he didn't know that he was so terrifying.

"It's nothing, just get up."

Qing Dai also knew that her strings were too tight and her behavior was too aggressive, so she tried her best to calm herself down.

The bed curtain was lifted, and Su's voice was soft: "What's wrong?"

"It's a small matter, ma'am, let's take a break." Wei Yuan turned his face slightly, his voice was still indifferent, but the thoughtfulness in his words made Su's lips curl up.

"Since it's mao time, let me get up."

When Qing Dai walked out of the main room, her clothes were already soaked in cold sweat, and the cold spring breeze was blowing through the verandah. She shrugged her shoulders and walked quickly. Wei Yuan's study in the front yard.

Logically speaking, the housemaid should live in the courtyard of the mistress, but she was given to Wei Yuan by Mrs. Wei, and her residence was arranged in Wei Yuan's study.

She walked to the side room next to the study, and after entering her own room, she dared to breathe a long sigh of relief, wiped her body with a clean towel, and changed her clothes. Then she went out to the well to fetch a basin of cold water, scooped up the water to wash up, because she got up late just now, and she didn't even have a chance to wash up.

The water in the copper basin reflected the woman's delicate melon-seeded face, about fourteen or fifteen years old, with drooping eyes. When looking at people from the bottom up, there was a pitiful feeling. She looked down at her body again, the little girl's body was pitifully thin, her arms and legs were slender, her chest and buttocks were fleshless, she was so petite and fragile.

"Qingdai, are you back?"

Cui Hong's loud voice came from outside the door, she put down the towel to wipe her face, and just stood up, a girl with charming appearance and enchanting figure had already opened the door with twisted buttocks and walked in Room.

Qing Dai frowned, didn't say anything, glanced at the maid sitting on the only stool in her room, and brought her a cup of tea.

"Why is Sister Cuihong looking for me?"

Cuihong took a sip from the teacup, the rough and astringent taste made Cuihong stick out her tongue, and put the white porcelain cup on the table. , muttered: "It tastes so bad, thanks to you that you can drink it."

Qing Dai ignored her, took the copper basin by herself, and poured the water outside the house.

Cui Hong stared at her, and asked directly: "Hey, last night, the Marquis and Madam were you on duty, how are you?"

On the shelf, pretending not to understand.

"It's Lord Hou, did you treat me..." Speaking of this, no matter how straightforward Cui Hong was, her face turned red, and she looked at her without blinking.

Although she already knew that Cuihong came to her to inquire about news, but she was too straightforward, and she could only say that she really deserved to be Cuihong, and she didn't know how she survived in this house till now.

"No." Qing Dai answered coldly with her eyes half down.

Cui Hong got bored, snorted, rolled her eyes, "Then, how many times did the Marquis call for water last night?"

Qing Dai raised her head and gave her a look, "Master's affairs are not something we servants can talk about. "

Cuihong touched a nail, and said angrily: "You and I have made a deal with me. When we were on the old lady's errands, we enjoyed eating delicious food and drinking spicy food every day. When we came to Houye, we even drank a cup of good tea. No more. I think you are not bright enough, you will be rejected by Lord Hou sooner or later!" After she finished speaking, she blinked her eyes and waited for Qing Dai to come to her in a panic to ask for a solution. Unexpectedly, Qing Dai seemed not to have heard her words, and looked at herself. He tidied up his changed clothes.

Little did they know that Qing Dai had the right idea in her heart, she hated it, she hated it earlier, it's best to get rid of it now!

Only four days later, her flag fell.

Qingdai was lying on the bed with a pale complexion, her cheeks were flushed abnormally, and the bedding was almost soaked by the cold sweat on her body. She took a hard breath, and tried to get up the teapot on the table with trembling hands, but she didn't even have the strength to do so. With a shake of her arm, the teapot rolled to the ground, and the tea flowed all over the floor.

She closed her eyes, her mind was burning dizzily, her body seemed not to be her own, and her consciousness gradually became blurred.

She suffered from a cold three days ago, and it deteriorated to the point where she couldn't even get out of bed in just a few days, and the mountain of illness fell too fast... A light flashed in her chaotic and fuzzy mind, He opened his eyes abruptly, and with trembling fingers, he opened the system that hadn't been turned on since the last time he looked at it.

The system panel is exactly the same as before, the only thing that has changed is the row of small words in the lower left corner: "Remaining days: 0.4".

Also with a decimal point!

Qing Dai laughed at herself that she was still in the mood to complain, she turned over with difficulty, but she was trying to concentrate in her mind. Could it be that the "remaining days" refers to the days she is still alive? Will she die when the days count down to 0?

Her modern body was hit to death by a car, and she must be in dilapidated shape now, and she might have been turned into a handful of ashes long ago, and if she died in this world, she would not be able to go back.

But if you don't want to die, you have to do the task and hook up with Wei Yuan...

The remaining days on the panel suddenly jumped to 0.3, and she felt that her consciousness was pulled away a little in an instant. I don't know if it was her illusion. A fiery sea of ​​flowers on the other side, on the other side are grandparents whose faces have long been blurred.