166 - 170

Chapter 166: Resurrection from the dead (5)

When Madam Du walked out of Nanling Courtyard, her feet were still floating, like stepping on clouds high in the sky, and like stepping on unpredictable cotton.

It wasn't until she returned to Lanchu Courtyard and sat on the stone bench in the courtyard for a while that she suddenly got up and headed towards Xinglan Pavilion.

Under the afterglow of the setting sun, the Xinglan Pavilion is lingering with a gorgeous sunset, and the three-story exquisite small building is like the Qionglouyu Pavilion in the Nine Heavens Wonderland.

Although the Xinglan Pavilion is indeed beautiful, if Chen Chuwan is really the reincarnation of her girl, why didn't the prince place her directly in Lanchuyuan? With such doubts, Madam Du followed the little maids of Xinglan Pavilion to the piano room on the second floor. After seeing the beauty who was stroking the piano in the piano room, she suddenly felt as if she was in a dream.

The jade man lowered her eyes and lowered her hands, lightly plucking the strings. The warm yellow sunset shrouded her body from the window lattice behind her, blurring her facial features, but making her orchid-like noble posture more prominent.

"Girl!" Madam Du let out a mournful cry mixed with excitement, staggered a few steps, and walked towards her, about to kneel in front of her.

Chen Chuwan hurriedly came out from behind the piano case, supported Madam Du by her arm, tears welled up in her eyes, full of sadness when she saw her old friend, and choked up and called out: "Lifang...you, you Why..."

Lifang is Mammy Du's boudoir name. When Feng Chulei was still alive, she was still a delicate and beautiful girl, but now she is only thirty, but she is already full of vicissitudes, and her figure is as old as forty or fifty. woman.

"Girl, you are really a girl..." Madam Du excitedly clenched her delicate hand, the rough calluses in her palm from doing chores made the back of Chen Chuwan's hand ache.

"Lifang, it's me, please calm down first." Chen Chuwan pulled out her hand and gently patted Madam Du's shoulder with a calm and soothing tone.

After a long while, Madam Du finally calmed down a little. She babbled and babbled to Chen Chuwan a lot about the past few years, and asked her how she was doing.

"I've been living fairly smoothly these years," Chen Chuwan said with a smile. Seeing Madam Du caressing her callused fingertips from playing the piano, she hurriedly said, "And I can also play the piano and compose music. Live a fulfilling and joyful life."

How could Madam Du not know that she was comforting her, thinking of the grievances she had suffered in the Chen family all these years, her heart ached even more now, and she followed her words: "My servant remembers that the girl is still alive. When I was in my boudoir, I loved composing music very much, once, on the birthday of my maidservant, you even wrote a song specially for my maidservant, and this maidservant is not willing to show it to anyone."

Chen Chuwan froze slightly, and was about to change the subject when she Hearing this, Madam Du hummed a tune full of nostalgia, and then said: "Listen, girl, this is the tune, do you remember the tune after that?"

Madam Du waited for a while, but did not hear her again. The voice of the voice, on the contrary, the soft and smooth jade hand held in the hand was a little cold. She was a little puzzled in her heart, and raised her head to look at her, only to find that her complexion was a little pale.

Sensing her gaze, Chen Chuwan seemed to think about it for a while, and then said apologetically, "It's been too long, I can't remember clearly."

"Yes, indeed, it has been more than ten years " Madam Du nodded understandingly, but the doubts planted in her heart could not be pulled out no matter what.