161 - 165

Chapter 161: Lantern Festival (Part 2)

Just when Yang Wei was about to turn around, he was bumped by someone beside him unexpectedly, and the note he held in his hand was also turned to the back.

"I searched for him thousands of times in the crowd, and suddenly I looked back, but the man was there, in a dimly lit place."

Knowing that the handwriting that was deeply engraved in his heart came into his eyes so easily and unexpectedly, his mind went blank for a moment, and then , He suddenly clenched the note in his hand, looked up suddenly, his eyes opened as if they were about to bleed.

The moment he saw this poem, he thought in a trance that she had stayed by his side for a whole year without leaving for a single day, and this was just another trick she played on him.

It's just that Kongluo who lost her told him that the past year has been real and clear.

No, no... none! No one is her!

Yang Wei's searching eyes fell on each smiling face, he stumbled and walked a few steps, broke through the crowd and looked around, but still found nothing.

"Have you ever seen someone who wrote the answer to the riddle under this lantern?!" Yang Wei suddenly grabbed a few passers-by, pointed at the hibiscus lantern, and asked sharply.

Passers-by were taken aback by his expressive eagerness, but thought that he had lost his family members, so they all recalled it. One of the scholars had some vague impressions, and said: "It seems to be a beautiful woman, going over there..."

Before he finished speaking, the man in front of them squeezed out of the crowd and strode towards the direction pointed by the scholar. .

Everyone looked at each other in dismay, and then the scholar's second sentence came out weakly: "...it seems that her husband is with her."

Yang Wei followed the direction pointed by passers-by, and visited every street vendor and shop one by one from the street to the end of the alley. , From the beginning of the Ming Dynasty to the mid-heaven of the moon, there is still nothing.

The flame of hope in his heart was continuously poured with ice water, but it still burned him hot. Compared to before when he couldn't find even the slightest clue, now he at least saw her handwriting and confirmed that she was in the capital!

The eyes that had been silent for a year seemed to be ignited by sparks, and Yang Wei returned to the lantern guessing venue again.

At this time, the lanterns in the venue have already been taken away in sevens and eighties, and the stall owner is also calling for a few small workers to clean up the wooden frames. Seeing Yang Wei, a visitor so late, he said very politely: "Guest officer, we This year's lantern riddle guessing is over, please come back and come early next year!"

Yang Wei wandered around among the few remaining lanterns, but after missing the hibiscus lantern, he asked, "Excuse me, may I ask which lantern?" The hibiscus lantern was also won away?" The

stall owner recalled a bit, got some clues, and he was a talkative person, so he immediately told the things that impressed him deeply, "The guest officer took a fancy to that lamp Lantern! I have an impression of that lantern. Someone came just now and said that they had written the answer on a piece of paper, but they forgot to take the lantern. Now I will run to get it back. As a result, I went to the hibiscus lantern Take a look below—hey, it's weird, the note is gone!"

Yang Wei suddenly clenched the note in his hand, then let go of his five fingers, fearing that it would be wrinkled, and swallowed hard with difficulty. , asked: "And then?"