66 - 70

Chapter 66: Risk of eavesdropping

Logically speaking, Mrs. Yang's birthday banquet has nothing to do with Qing Dai, Yang Wei's "person in the room", but the news she heard from the messenger bee made her decide to contact this Nanny Song to find out.

The birthday banquet was arranged in the flower hall in the front yard, and the maids and servants who delivered the dishes came and went. Qing Dai walked along the corridor and walked around to a bush of lush flowers and plants in the corner of the mansion garden, just in time to hear Mama Xiao's voice.

"Sister Song is living a comfortable life, her complexion is much better than before, she looks a few years younger." This is Mama Xiao's voice, Qingdai looked from the gap between the grass leaves to the place where the sound came from, Mama Xiao's side Walking was an old woman with a kind face and kind eyes, she must be that Nanny Song.

"I'm already an old woman half buried in the ground. Young or not, it's just a matter of filial piety." Nanny Song sighed with a smile, as if remembering something, her expression suddenly became hesitant, her lips rubbed, Asked: "The young master is still like that...do you not want to marry a wife?"

Qing Dai, who was thinking about what reason to use to talk to Nanny Song, paused when she heard this, and she didn't have time to put it in her room. When the messenger bees came, he simply hid his body more tightly and listened to their conversation attentively.

"That's right, the old lady is turning gray with worry, and my lord still hasn't let go." Xiao's mother also looked sad, and sighed heavily.

Nanny Song bit her lips, blaming herself, and said in a remorseful tone: "It's all my fault, I didn't take good care of the young master at the time, the young master was only so old at that time, and let him see such a dirty scene... If I'll be more careful--"

"Sister, don't feel guilty," Xiao's mother saw that her brows were tightened, and quickly patted her on the back to comfort her: "This matter, I still have to blame that--" When she said this, four Looking down, Qing Dai held her breath, Mother Xiao realized that no one else was there, and then continued: "The elders who don't know the etiquette, righteousness and shame, simply became ghosts under the peony flowers in the end." She sneered.

While the two were talking, they walked along the path in the back garden to the inner house in the northeast. Qing Dai subconsciously followed two steps, wanting to hear more about what they had to say.

"You are very interested in what they say?"

A low-pitched male voice suddenly rang out from the left side, Qing Dai's hair all over her body stood up in an instant, she suppressed her screams with all her strength, and suddenly turned her head to look over—

the back garden of Yang's mansion is not very big, But the rockery is rugged and lush with flowers and plants. Behind the shrubs in front of her are several continuous rocks, and the winding cave in the middle is dark. In the hole closest to her, stood a slender man with broad shoulders and a narrow waist. He was wearing a vermilion flying fish suit embroidered with four beasts and unicorns. A curved embroidered spring knife was pinned to his waist. His handsome face was half hidden. In the shadow of the cave, half bathed in autumnal light, there is a strange sense of dichotomy.

His attire made Qingdai realize his identity in a flash, her complexion was instantly pale as paper, her thoughts turned rapidly, and in the end she just pretended to be frightened by him and took a few steps back.

"Master Qiu, why make things difficult for a girl." Another clear male voice came from a place deeper than the entrance of the cave with a round Beijing accent. Qing Dai cast her gaze there, only to find that another person came out from the cave. man.