96 - 100

Chapter 96: Moonlight Night Talk

In the Tongfu Inn next to the official road in the capital, Lin Langzhong, who was arrested because the medical clinic was the closest, wiped the sweat from his forehead, withdrew his hand, and said in a low voice: "This girl just suffered a skin trauma, and she didn't know what to do. There is no injury to the bones."

The young man sitting opposite him responded, there was no smile on his face but he did not look fierce, but Lin Langzhong was frightened for no reason when he faced him, and he handed the ointment for trauma to the side and covered his face After the worried maid, she withdrew.

The maid took the medicine and stood upright beside the canopy bed with the curtains down, looking at him one after another. Then Qiu Mingliang stood up, and said softly to the faint figure lying inside through several layers of gauze curtains. "I'm going out, my cousin will take the medicine first."

After a slight rustle, the girl's weak and tender voice said, "Okay."

Qiu Mingliang walked out of the room, went down the stairs, leaned against the door of the inn, and looked at the doctor. The banner of tea is flying across the street.

When he broke out of the encirclement and jumped down the hillside at the fastest speed, what he saw was the girl lying on a flat rock, tightly protecting the child in her arms. There was a smear of blood under her body, her complexion was as pale as paper, her eyebrows were slightly frowned, her eyes that seemed to be talking were closed tightly, and her lips lost all blood.

There was a moment of blankness in his mind, but his body moved first, his long arms quickly but gently picked her up from the cold stone slab, and hugged her into his arms.

Before he had time to feel the shockingly familiar curvature of her gentle and thin body, the person in his arms was snatched away by her crying maid.

He lowered his eyes to look at the deep and shallow lines on his palm, and the expression in his light-colored willow-leaf eyes was complex and gloomy.

"Master Qiu, it's really thanks to Master Qiu and Miss Yu this time. If something happens to the crown prince, then..." Deputy Commander Ma strode over after seeing him, his face full of fear, and he bowed his hands to salute , said repeatedly: "I don't know how Miss Yu's injury is, I still have some high-quality healing medicine over there—"

"No need."

Suddenly interrupted by him, Deputy Commander Ma froze, touched his head in embarrassment, saw the young man's complicated expression and returned to his usual smile, and then dared to continue probing: "Then what do you think?" If you need anything, just talk to me, I have delivered a letter to the palace, and someone will come to meet me tomorrow."

Qiu Mingliang temporarily suppressed the turbulent emotions in his heart, and nodded.

Nearly half of their manpower was lost, and many were injured. This place is still two days away from the capital, and the remaining Jinwu Guards and Yu Mansion guards surrounded the inn, and they will stay here tonight.

The moonlight outside the window was soft and bright, covering the furniture in the inn room with a layer of soft gauze. Qiu Mingliang lay on the bed with his eyes closed, turned over again, finally got up, put on a robe and walked out of the room.

When he strolled into the open space in the backyard of the inn and saw the girl sitting on the wicker chair under the pergola and the maid standing behind her, he frowned quickly, "Why don't you recuperate in the house?" The

girl saw Seeing him, there was also a bit of surprise on his face, and he said softly: "I can't sleep, so I asked Tao Xiang to help me down to watch the moonlight."