136 - 140

Chapter 136: Question

Prince Ding and Concubine Ding were assassinated during a winter hunting trip. The news that both of them were recuperating in the mansion quickly spread to the ears of noble families in the capital. Posts to the mansion to visit this noble couple poured in, but they were all rejected by the mansion's stewards. He declined politely, only saying that King Ding and Princess Ding need to rest now, and it is inconvenient to see guests.

Qingdai is still suffering from high fever repeatedly, and it is true that she needs rest. However, Jiang Shaojun's physique was much stronger than hers, and he was obviously injured much more severely than her. She was still lying on the bed and couldn't get out of bed. His wounds had gradually healed and he could walk on the ground.

"When Madam entered Beijing, Commander Qiu personally went to Hangzhou Mansion to pick her up." The full-time guard who inquired about the news paused after saying this sentence. This is a well-known fact, but only a few people followed Knowing that, he looked at Jiang Shaojun's face and found that he was still indifferent as usual, and then said in a low voice: "I heard that at the beginning, Mr. Yu intended to marry his wife to Commander Qiu, and the two of them were already talking about marriage..."

He said Here, he suddenly felt a chill on his back, but when he quietly raised his eyes, he could only see the prince sitting upright on the grand master's chair, with a handsome face that could not reveal a trace of emotional fluctuations.

After letting the guards retreat, Zhengping came in from the outside, and Jiang Shaojun was served by him to put on his outer shirt. After a simple and light breakfast, he put down his chopsticks, and said in a cold voice, "Go to Nanling courtyard.

" Zhengping, who ordered the servants to come in to clean up the dishes, was taken aback for a moment, and before he could react, he saw that he had stood up with the support of the table, and just as he stood up, his tall figure swayed involuntarily. Zhengping hurried forward to help him, but he waved his hand away, and said to him with sideways eyes: "Send someone to pass it on."

Zhengping looked at his figure walking out of the courtyard alone trying to steady his pace, and didn't understand. Why did he go to the Nanling Courtyard of the new princess just one day after he got out of bed, but he didn't dare to let him go alone, after ordering the servant who sent the message, he quickly followed him.

Nanling Courtyard is not too close to the study room in the front yard. Jiang Shaojun's wounds have just healed, and he does not want to be helped. After walking a long distance, a thin layer of sweat is already secreting from his forehead in the cold winter. . Zhengping followed behind him on the left, and I don't know if he regretted setting the new concubine's courtyard so far away.

Before entering the courtyard, one could see a waitress standing outside the hanging flower gate of Nanling courtyard, who obviously rushed to the courtyard gate to wait after hearing the news. When she saw Jiang Shaojun coming slowly, her face With a smile on his face, he bowed to welcome him and Zhengping inside.

There are not many servants serving in Nanling Courtyard, most of them are maids and servants married from Yu Mansion. At this time, the mistress is sick in bed, but they all perform their duties in an orderly manner, and there is no panic.

This was the third time he had stepped into this courtyard after he married her, apparently he had only been here twice, but the path he followed seemed to be very clear, as if it had been deeply engraved in his mind.

When he walked into the main hall where he came to question her angrily last time, there was already a servant girl waiting in the hall. When she saw him, she turned back and said respectfully: "My lord, wait a moment, the princess is not awake yet, sister Taoxiang has gone to call her." It's gone."