146 - 150

Chapter 146: Other languages

The food at the palace banquet was already cold when it was delivered. There was a red, black and shiny film on the braised pork knuckle, and a thick layer of creamy yellow fat formed on the abalone and sea cucumber soup. none.

But this palace banquet is not for people to come to fill their stomachs. Most of the noble ladies just used a few chopsticks symbolically and then put them down to ensure that their perfect and beautiful makeup will not be damaged.

And the concubines in the harem, especially those low-ranking concubines who seldom see Tianyan once a year, even took advantage of this opportunity to try their best to attract the attention of Emperor Qianyuan, and all kinds of talents and gifts emerged in endlessly.

Qing Dai was bored in her heart, but she could only hold her gentle and virtuous face and sit firmly in her seat with the same courtesy.

When the banquet was finally over, all the people in the banquet, led by the empress, went out of the palace gate to watch the fireworks set off by the attendants outside the palace to welcome the arrival of the new year.

Qingdai and Ma Shi walked side by side, and fell behind the crowd, whispering about the fashionable flowers this winter, and was about to walk to a lacquered pillar carved with dragons and phoenixes in the porch in front of the hall, when they faintly heard a voice coming from behind the lacquered pillar. mockingly snickered. "Today, Princess Ding dared to show her face in front of people. If I were her, I would be so ashamed that I would n't even

dare to leave the house!"

Widow! It's just a decoration to maintain the dignity on the outside and widowhood on the inside!"

"I only know that Prince Ding dislikes her very much, but I don't know that this widow...does my sister know the inside story?" The voice of the first woman who spoke was a little picky Pick, I am a little puzzled.

Then I heard another woman say with some complacency: "One of the maids next to me has a cousin who works in Prince Ding's mansion. I heard that since the wedding, the number of times Prince Ding has gone to her courtyard is less than one hand. I can count them."

"Really?!" The woman who heard this couldn't believe it, and her tone raised a bit, "But I saw that Princess Ding was born with a beautiful appearance, and it is true among the noble girls in the capital. King Ding can bear the beauty of thousands of charms, one of the best?"

"Why don't you say that Wang Qing is better than Jin Jian, the first one..." The voice paused here, as if she was quite afraid, she hurriedly changed the subject, "Look, that Yu's daughter It has been less than half a year since I settled in the Prince's Mansion, and my stomach hasn't moved at all. I guess, after ten or a half years, maybe it will be divorced and abandoned, on the grounds that it has no children!"

That woman The voice was triumphant, as if she had really witnessed the picture of her being dismissed from the palace as an abandoned woman, and she was in a mess.

Ma Shi, who was beside Qing Dai, looked at her worriedly, and was about to take a step forward to reprimand those two people who were tongue-tied, but Qing Dai stepped forward before her.

Bypassing the painted pillar, she completely saw the two figures talking about her that were blocked by the painted pillar just now. Both of them were dressed in palace attire, and they looked like concubines below Zhaoyi's status. Looking at her in horror.

The two were trembling, and they would kneel down in front of her to salute—no matter how they arranged her appearance behind her back, she was still a real prince and concubine, and her rank was far above them.