106 - 110

Chapter 106: Jiangyuan Qiqiao (Part 1)

Jiangyuan is the property of the royal family in central Beijing. It is a beautiful garden, covering a large area, with one scene at a time and four seasons. Appreciating peaches in spring, listening to water in summer, smelling chrysanthemums in autumn, and tasting snow in winter, the scenery of the four seasons is different, but Jiangyuan is still as beautiful as poetry and picturesque.

Qingdai was supported by Tao Xiang to get off the carriage, and just as she walked to the gate of Jiangyuan, a maidservant in a uniform pink summer shirt came forward with a decent smile and led her into the garden.

Qing Dai followed the maidservant, observing the surrounding terrain unobtrusively. This crimson garden is full of trees, with curved water cups and green lake pavilions.

The maid brought Qingdai and Taoxiang to a banquet surrounded by flowers and plants. There were already many young ladies sitting in it. The empress on the main seat had not arrived yet, and the girls were chatting about the fashionable hairstyles and dresses in Beijing.

The maid led Qing Dai to a seat ten steps away from the main seat, then bowed respectfully and left. She sat down behind the small table in front of her, and quietly observed the girls who came in one after another.

Compared with most of the young ladies who are dressed in fancy dresses, Qing Dai is dressed very plainly today. She is wearing a light blue Liuxian skirt with only a hem embroidered with cloud patterns on the skirt, which makes her almost like a lush midsummer in the crimson garden. The branches and leaves merge into one.

Suddenly there was a commotion in the direction of the way, Qing Dai raised her head, a group of girls in luxurious clothes and new jewelry surrounded a young girl in her prime. The girl in the center is wearing a water-red Uesugi, and a long skirt with twelve begonia brocade patterns is tied around her waist. The gold threads on the embroidered patterns are radiant as she walks, and the begonia flowers on it seem to come alive.

The young girl's appearance is clear and beautiful, her makeup is delicate yet delicate, and against her jade-white earlobes with emerald green earrings, her iconic oval face is bright and charming, standing out from the crowd of girls who are as beautiful as flowers and jade.

"Shu Lei, your skirt today is really beautiful."

"Yes, this is the Shu brocade that just arrived at the Brocade Pavilion!"

"Shu Lei, I asked my elder brother to find the volume of ancient poems you mentioned to me last time ." "

The little girl around her chattered, and when Qing Dai heard her boudoir name, she put part of her mind on her.

This is the younger sister of the pre-determined concubine of Duke Ning Feng's mansion.

"Cousin..."

Qing Dai was listening to the unnutritious words of those little girls, when a thin voice suddenly sounded from the left.

She froze for a moment, then looked sideways, and saw that Qiu Yihan was clutching an embroidered handkerchief, rubbing against her, and looking at her with a full face of dependence.

The last time she went to Qiufu to visit Mrs. Yu, she met Qiu Yihan once. The little girl seemed to really believe that she and her brother had a sincere relationship and were very close to her.

After Qiu Yihan took a seat beside her, she picked up the teacup on the table and whispered a word or two to her from time to time. Qingdai also understands her to some extent, because of Qiu Mingliang, the commanding officer of the Jinyi Guard, she is not willing to get in touch with her, so she has no choice but to focus on her, who doesn't care about these things.