The Colossus

Y/N Pov

I picked up a stick and put in on my back as Mikasa did the same.

"Y/N, have you seen Eren anywhere?" She asked as I shaked my head.

"No. He's probably under that tree." I said as I picked up another stick.

"Come on." She said as she grabbed my sleeve and pulled me toward the tree. We neared the tree as it was within view with a small silhouette under it.

"Of course he's sleeping."

"Told you." I said as she sighed before pulling me toward the tree again. We both put down our sticks as I sat down on the grass, overlooking the field of flowers as Mikasa stood over Eren. He then suddenly woke up gasping as I looked back at him.

"Mikasa? Y/N? Hey."

"We should get back." She immediatly got to the point as Eren seemed to be in a daze.

"W-where are we exactly?"

"Try asking me again when you're awake." Mikasa said as she stood up.

"I'm not, I- I just, it feels like the dream I was having went on forever. It's gone now. What was it about?" Eren said as Mikasa picked up her sticks.

"Eren, are you crying?" I asked as he touched under his eyes to see the liquid under his eyes. He wiped it away with his sleeve as he picked up his sticks as we started to walk back to the gate.

"Do me a favor huh. Don't let anyone know I was crying." Eren said as we walked through the streets of the town.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Still though, you don't even remember why? Might want to have your dad look into that."

"Right, because tearing up is usually a medical thing." Eren said as a blond garrison soldier stepped in front of us.

"Somebody messing with ya?"

"Hey Mr. Hannes." 

"Or did you just get on Mikasa's bad side? Or did you do something to Y/N?"

"Wha- No! What are you even talking about! Ugh, you smell like a tavern."

"You kids care for a swig?"

"Aren't you on watch?"

"Yup. Watching the old gateway. Thirsty work playing sentry. A little nip now and then keeps us all on our courage for a spell, perks for being a guard eh?"

"How do you expect a fight if you're so loose on your feet?!"

"Now why on Earth would I need to fight?"

"Why do you think?! What if they broke through the wall! We'd be sitting ducks under your watch!" Eren and Hannes went back and forth as Eren grew louder.

"Eren, kid please. Use your inside voice." Hannes said as one of his colleagues walked up to us.

"The docs kid's got some fire in him. Listen, the only thing they've done in the last one hundred years was scratch at it. I have the feeling if they get in their big heads to do something else we'll be more than ready for them." He said as Eren yelled again.