Protection

Y/N Pov

We were forced into an open area with Eren as the garrison surrounded us. They drew their blades and pointed them at us, to which I also pulled out my blades.

"Attack any of us and I will give you a painful death." I said as I glared at them.

 Eren had finally woken up as we were surrounded by all the garrison members. Mikasa and Armin were with him to see if he was okay.

"Eren are you okay?" I asked as he didn't respond.

"Eren you have to tell them everything, they're terrified but they'll understand." Armin said terrified as I glared back at them, making them more scared but they kept their ground.

"Look at that son of a bitch."

"He wants to eat us just you wait."

Everyone's blades were pointed at us as the squad leader kept staring at Eren as I stepped in front of their gazes. 

"Cadets Y/N L/N, Mikasa Ackerman, Armin Arlert, and Eren Yeager. The three of you have all committed acts of high treason! Whether or not there is a swift execution depends upon you! Any attempt to move, or anything suspicious will be met with cannon fire! Answer me Eren Yeager, what exactly are you?! Human or titan!" the squad leader of the garrison yelled at us with fear as I kept glaring at them as they all just glared at Eren.

"I'm sorry sir! I don't understand!" Eren yelled back from behind me as I didn't move.

"Answer me damn you! Playing innocent won't get you anywhere! Don't try to stall and be ignorant! You won't stand a chance before you are blown to hell before you can assume your true form!" he yelled at us as Eren just looked shocked. 

"What true form?" Eren asked as the man glared at him.

"Please, multiple people saw it happen! You emerged from the fallen carcass of a titan in full view of your comrades! A creature has slipped into wall Rose and that creature is you! I can not waste anymore time or manpower on you! The armored titan could strike any moment we waste time on you!"

"I wouldn't dare. I will not let you touch him as long as I'm here, and if anyone is willing to try me then so be it. They will meet the gates of hell." I said holding out my blades, increasing my glare at all of them.

"I will not hesitate to send all of you to the gates of hell, even if I go with you." I continued as one of the garrison members walked up to the petrified squad leader.

He whispered something into his ear as he was now staring at me and then looked at Mikasa, who was about to draw her blades.

Mikasa stood up and fully pulled out her blades.

"I will not hesitate to do the same." She said as she stood behind me with her blades drawn.

"Someone talk to me, what is all this." Eren said from behind us as Armin also got up.

"Guys wait, you can't take them all on!" Armin said as he stood behind us.

"I will fight to my death if it is for you guys safety." I said to him as he backed away.

"This isn't the only way. They're just scared, we need to calm down and talk it out." Armin said as I looked at him.

"Armin, fear is what is propelling them to do this, they won't listen. Unless you want to try to talk to them then be my guest, but if they try to touch you, I'm not going back on what I said." I said to Armin as I let him walk in front of me cautiously. 

"One more time! Are you a human being or a titan!" the man yelled at us as we all looked back at Eren.

"I'm human!" Eren yelled at them all as they just kept staring at us.

"So you say. You leave me with no choice." I heard the man say as he started raising his arm.

"Forgive me. When push comes to shove, all of us are monsters." I heard his say quietly has he fully raised his arm.

"Guys get to the wall! Mikasa get Eren, Armin run!" I said while looking back at them, as they did what I said I also dropped my blades and ran back. 

When we were running back to the wall Eren slipped out of Mikasa's grasp and he ran forward as the cannon fired I ran towards Eren getting close enough to be able to grab him but he grabbed me first, pulling me close to him.

Eren Pov

Flashback

"Eren, behave when I'm gone and I'll let you in on what I've been doing in the cellar. Listen to me, its vital you keep this key on you at all times. Whenever you look at it, let these thoughts flood your mind, I must return to that cellar. I'm going to give you a little something to make you forget for the time being, I'm sorry, I wish there was more time to explain all of this. When the time comes, know you must reclaim wall Maria and head to the cellar. It won't be pleasant but I know what I'm doing is for the best. When the ability confuses you, let their memories act as your guide Eren! One day the truth will come out, I swear to you, the journey will be a painful one but it is yours to make! Mikasa's life. Armin's life, Y/N's life, everyone's life! Hinges on you being able to control this power!" I just remembered this as I pulled Mikasa, Armin, and Y/N close to me, then I bit my hand on instinct, causing a partial part of a titan to form around us, with me using the hand to catch the cannon ball and protect us.

Everyone looked at me in fear as I was in the partial titans nape, looking through its eye, with Mikasa, Armin and Y/n in the ribcage.