Buying Time

Y/N Pov 

I was walking down the hall to where Kiyomi was staying for the time being as I knocked on the door.

"Who is it?"

"Y/N. From before."

"Come in." She said from the other side as the guards opened the doors. There were only two as Kiyomi was sitting at a table. I sat down on the other side.

"So, what is it that you wanted to talk about?" She asked as I looked down at the table. 

"What you were talking about, at the private meeting. About the L/N bloodline betraying your country." 

"Yes, what about it?" 

"I would like to know the full story about it." I said as she nodded.

"Very well. I see that you are purely interested. I shall tell you the full story. According to our history books. The story of the cursed bloodline. The bloodline that destroyed our country. The... L/N bloodline. It started when one of the kings of the Eldian Empire, decades ago, maybe even centuries ago, split the Ackerman family apart. He wanted to have another weapon he could manipulate and use so he took one of the members of the Ackerman family at the time and changed their anatomy. Giving them the ability to harness their power to one of their senses. Increasing it to a power level beyond human. The Ackerman were given the power of being able to reach a state where their strength and speed is increased even higher. In turn, the shogun of Hizaru at that time as well, gifted a daimyo's family to the Eldian Empire. The L/N family. The daimyo agreed to this and the L/N's were forged together with the split Ackerman. The son of the daimyo married with the split Ackerman. This made the L/N bloodline. The Ackerman served as the shield of the king, while the L/N served as the spear. The two families served for generations. War after war. Battle after battle. Through the cycle of war and death. Destined to this world. We believe that this family, was the cursed family said in our scriptures. The cursed family. The family said to have to go through hell and back. Fight nation after nation just to be betrayed. Persecuted. By the very king they served. Those are the basics of the legend. The cursed family. After years of the L/N family serving the kings of the Eldian Empire. A child was born. The one that would change everything. That child was Helos L/N. He and the rest of his family members decided that, enough was enough. The oppression that they suffered, and the other countries that the Eldian Empire conquered. They felt bad for a particular people. The Marleyans. They decided to conspire with them and fight against the Eldian Empire. After countless battles, the Tybur family, the family with the warhammer titan, sided with Marley and the L/Ns. Helos managed to beat back King Fritz. He was so powerful, he could over power the founding titan. After the pushed King Fritz back to the island of Paradis, this island, he sent multiple assassins to kill the king, but the king managed to capture them on the island For them to never be seen again. He then came for Hizaru. The only ally of the Eldian Empire. The nation where their ancestors came from. They betrayed their home. Made us weak. Destroyed our country. The L/N family, only exists because of Hizaru. Hizaru was destroyed because of them. That's the history of the L/N family." Kiyomi finished as I was shocked but I tried to not show it.

"Mrs. Azumabito, thank you for telling me all of this. But I still have something to ask." I said as she nodded.

"You are the prince after all. I can't refuse. What do you want to ask?" She said as I looked down as I paused.

"I am..." I paused again. My family, caused their nation to fall. My family caused the death of many innocent people. I shouldn't be alive. Fuck it.

"An L/N. My full name is Y/N L/N. My mother was an L/N and as you know, my father was a Reiss. My father changed his name to L/N to hide the fact that he's Reiss." I said as her eyes widened from what I said.