Training

Y/N

It was the first day of training and you couldn't sleep. You were seeing how well you could balance with odm gear after breakfast. Mostly everyone was able to balance without that much trouble but once you put on the odm gear you weren't moving at all in the air, you felt free but not wanting to bring attention to yourself you decided to move a little bit.

But after you did this you got off balance a little back, leaning backwards but as you were about to fall you managed to get your weight right to do a backflip landing back in a upwards position perfectly.

Mostly everyone was looking at you in disbelief as you were just balancing there you were ordered to get down as you did you got down and walked away sitting on the ground as some cadets came towards you asking how you did that. 

"I did it on reaction." You said quietly as the others stood around you, you looked back to see Eren flipped on his head, not being able to balance. You just looked at him before getting up and walking away.

Time Skip ——- Evening

You were in your cabin by yourself until Eren walked in.

"Hey Y/N, could you come with me to the main training grounds?" He asked as you just nodded, not knowing if this was important or not. As you got out you saw Armin as he just smiled and Mikasa who hid her face in her scarf after quickly glancing at you.

You wondered why you were there as Eren connected the hooks to the odm gear lines. Mikasa turned to him and started to give him advice, you started to tune most of the things out but you heard her talk about not focusing on trying to balance and just letting your body float on the odm gear or something.

Eren then looked at you asking if you had advice, you couldn't really answer,

"Um, just try to let your weight of your body in the center and allow your body to just kind of float." You said rubbing the back of your neck. 

"Raise me up." Eren said looking at Armin as Arming started cranking the lever to raise Eren. Eren was going up, then he all of the sudden tilted forward  and almost bashing his head on the floor, but before he did you managed to catch his head with your foot, gently grabbing his head with your hand and raising him up.

"Bring him down." You told Armin as he followed what you said. As Eren touched the ground he thanked you for saving him and then sighed in anger before walking away with the three of you just looking at him.

At dinner you were now sitting with Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. You were sitting next to Armin silently as Eren just looked down disappointed, slowly eating his food.

"Eren." Mikasa said as Armin said "Don't pay them any mind. You still have tomorrow to get the hang of it." 

"How pathetic. At this rate, exterminating the titans is..." Eren said as you intervened, "Eren that shouldn't be your goal." 

"What! What do you mean, what else is becoming a soldier good for, just to sit around in the walls all day getting drunk and doing nothing for humanity?!" Eren questioned.

"Y/N is right, you shouldn't be a soldier because throwing your life away isn't the way to fight."

"Look, I didn't sign up for this, I didn't go through all that shit when the wall got broke so I could just give up on something like this." Eren said with determination.

"But your resolution shouldn't have to do with anything." Mikasa said, "What, why?" Eren questioned.

"Because the one that decides whether or not you can become a soldier isn't you." Eren just looked dumbfounded not being able to respond to what Mikasa said as the bell rang. Everyone cleaned up and left as Mikasa just sat there. As you were in your cabin you saw  Eren leave with Armin and you didn't know where they were going.

Time Skip ----- The Next Day

All the cadets were now outside to see if Eren could pass the odm test to become a soldier. As he was being lifted up he was able to keep balance for a good amount of time as everyone started cheering for him but right then he fell off balance and landed on his head again.

"Let him down." Keith said before instructing him to switch odm gear with Thomas. After he switched and got raised up he was able to keep balance very easily although he was a little shaky, he was told that his old odm gear was faulty and he passed the test, as he looked at you, Armin, and Mikasa with hope in his eyes.

"Devote your heart to training." Keith said as everyone else started cheering for Eren as he cheered for himself you just clapped quietly, with a small smirk on your face but no one saw. He did it.