The Future of the walls

We got back from the operation to retake Shiganshina as the people cheered down below. It was a greeting the survey corps had never seen before. Once we descended the wall, Eren and Mikasa were both put into a dungeon below the base in Trost because of what they did to save Armin. It has been a day since they were put into prison. I was sleeping in a chair as Armin was sitting on the ground with a blanket as we were both outside of Eren and Mikasa's cells. 

"AAAAAHHHHHH" Eren let out a short scream as tears were streaming down his face. He woke us all up as me and Armin stood outside his cell.

"What was that? Who am I? And where-"

"Hey, calm down." I said as he stood up from bed and walked up to the cell bars.

"You're still in the dungeon in the Trost base. You and Mikasa, because of your insubordination." Armin said as Eren seemed to remember everything.

"Were you having a nightmare or..." 

"Yeah. I guess so." Eren said after a brief moment of silence.

"When you awoke, you asked who... you were." Armin said as Eren was surprised.

"It's true. Also, you look like... you're crying." Mikasa said as Eren wiped his eyes and sat down on the floor of his cell.

"I feel strange. Like I just woke up from the longest dream of my life. Hold on... that was no dream. It was real. Just now... I was somehow reliving my dad's memories. That titan... it was you... poor Dina..." Eren said as his tears fell onto the ground. as he looked down at the ground. There was silence except for Eren's tear drops hitting the ground. 

Time Skip

Armin went into Eren's cell and was taking notes about what Eren saw in his father's memories as I was still sitting outside the cell.

"He said that was the rule. Called it the curse of Ymir. The first titan, Ymir died that long after getting her powers. Since none can surpass her, we have to do the same." Eren explained as Armin wrote it all down.

"So I have thirteen years to live. And you?"

"I've only got eight left. Not even-"

"No. You're wrong. There's been a mistake. It can't be true." Mikasa interrupted Eren as she was sitting on the ground, depressed.

"If someone with the power of one of the nine, should die without passing it onto a successor, the power will be inherited by a baby born after that death. A subject of Ymir of course. For that to be the case, it seems that all of us Eldians must be connected by something we can't see. There was one successor who said there were paths. Paths that the naked eye can't observe. In which titan flesh can move, along with memories and the will to act. These paths are countless. They reach far, and in many directions. But they all meet at one coordinate. The founding titan. There's not a subject of Ymir who is alive who isn't connected to the founder." Eren said as Armin continued to write stuff down. It was going to be a long night...

Time Skip

"It's called the Attack Titan." 

"What's that all about? It's called the Attack Titan." Hange imitated Eren as I went to unlock Mikasa's cell. 

"That's what you just did, remember?"

"No."

"Huh! He did! Am I the only one who saw him?" Hange said as she looked to the two of us.

"No, but I think he was just-"

"Just what?! Who the hell were you talking to?" Hange cut Armin off as Eren seemed annoyed.