The Truth

Y/N Pov

We rode through the town until we came to the building where Nicolo worked. A high end restaurant, where he was the head chef. It was also where he invited the Braus family.

"Hello there. Is this urgent? Sorry, but, I'm preparing a main course for some very important guests right now." Nicolo said as Hange raised her hands.

"That's fine. If you're in the middle of something, you can get back to it. But, we'd like to have a quick word with you once you finish up." Hange said.

"You want to talk? What is this about?" Nicolo asked.

"We'd wondered if, you might have some concerns-" Hange was speaking but was cut off by Onyankopon.

"The scouts are investigating our detainment. We were hoping you'd be able to help us."

"Yeah. No problem." Nicolo said staring skeptically at us before leading us to a room. 

"I'll ask you to wait here until I can finish." Nicolo said showing us the room.

"Wow. This is pretty fancy."

"I bet it's usually reserved for M.P.s."

"Hey! I've heard a whole lot of talk about this wine! It's so nice that its only served to high ranking members of the military." Jean said picking up a bottle of wine that was sent from Marley. Must be the same one Hannes is basically obsessed with. 

"Oh yeah? Well aren't we high ranking members of the scouts?"

"Sure are. I'd say we've earned a quick sip of liquid luxury. Let's have a little." Jean and Connie were joking until Nicolo grabbed it from their hands.

"Don't touch that!"

"Woah, calm down man. We were just screwing around so relax. No need to make a big thing of it." Jean said as Nicolo gritted his teeth.

"A wine of this quality would be wasted on Eldian's understand?"

"What?"

"What's with you. I can't believe you're still spouting that crap. Regardless of what you've been told, your wine doesn't care what race we are!" Jean said grabbing Nicolo by the shirt.

"Get your hands off me Eldian. I've been civil to you. But that doesn't make us friends." Nicolo said shocking most of us.

"Sounds to me like you've forgotten your place here. On this island, you're-"

"Just a filthy P.O.W? Guess that makes us even you Eldian devil." Nicolo said walking out of the room.

"What is that guys problem?"

"Hell if I know. Whatever." Jean responded to Connie as he turned around. There was suddenly a loud bang from outside the room as we all heard it, moving out of the room. 

"Y/N, look for something. Anything." Hange ordered as I nodded. I activated my instinct as I saw, the Braus family and Nicolo? Wait... is that... Gabi and Falco! What the fuck?!

"They're in the room where the Braus are dining. Nicolo has two kids, I think they're from Marley. The ones that killed... Sasha." I said as everyone else was shocked but we all quickly moved. Once we got into the room, Nicolo was holding a knife out while Gabi was on the ground, with Nicolo also holding Falco, who had something red on his head and hair.