Syringe

Y/N Pov

"Levi, captain, I finally found you. It's the commander. He's hurt. His stomach is gouged and his insides are torn to shreds. The blood just won't stop! I thought that the injection might be able to help him but what do you think?" Floch said as his voice shook. Armin... he can't... die...

Captain Levi suddenly pulled the syringe away from Eren's grasp as Floch laid the commander on the roof.

"It's faint but, he's breathing. If... you're alive..." Levi said as he put his hand over Erwin's face to see if he was breathing.

"If  he's alive, you know it has to happen. Erwin gets the shot." Levi said as Eren suddenly stood up with tears brimming his eyes as he faced the captain. He growled at Levi.

"You can't... you said you'd use it on Armin." Eren said as he stared down Levi.

"I'm going to use it on the person who can save humanity." Levi said as he glared right back at Eren. Floch was sitting on the side as I heard Mikasa draw one of her blades. I didn't feel any emotion. I wasn't crying, I wasn't angry, I was just... empty... like how I felt after my parents were killed... why can't I feel... anything... I... I can't move... why can't I move? Why can't I do anything? Why am I... useless? Heh... nothings changed...

"You two... do you even have the faintest damn clue... of what you're doing! It's Erwin... the commander of the scouts... and you're telling me to watch him die. There's no time for this, just to get out of my way." Levi said as he started to walk toward Erwin, Eren grabbed the box with the syringe.

"Eren. Check your emotions." Levi said as he glared at Eren standing in front of him.

"Sorry captain... can't do that." Eren said as he glared at the captain, disobeying orders.

"Tell me... why didn't you give Armin the injection right away?"

"I was thinking about Erwin. Considering the chance that he might be alive."

"But you couldn't have known that Floch would carry him here. There's no way you would have seen that coming."

"You're not wrong Eren. But the fact remains that he's here now. So I'll revive him." Levi said as Eren suddenly tried to pull the syringe out of Levi's hand following his words. Levi immediately pulled it back and punched Eren across the face, sending him off the side of the roof. Mikasa immediately rushed at him with her blade drawn as she screamed out, tackling him to the ground and putting the blade to his neck whilst grabbing Levi's wrist.

"You know just as well as I do. Without Erwin's leadership humanity can never beat the titans!" Levi said as he seemed to exhausted to fight back against Mikasa.

"He's right Mikasa! Don't go crazy, there's too much at stake here! Right Y/N? There's too much we would lose by not revivi-" Floch suddenly stopped as Mikasa glared at him as he flinched back.

"No... it's the same with Armin, he's just as important. Think about it, think about what he's done. How we used his plan to retake Trost with that boulder, he's the one who realized what Annie was, it was his idea to avoid the titans by coming here at night, he's the only reason we uncovered Reiner's hiding spot, and the only reason we defeated Bertholdt! WE ONLY GOT THIS FAR BECAUSE OF ARMIN! I CAN'T SAVE HUMANITY AND NEITHER CAN THE COMMANDER, BUT ARMIN CAN! TELL HIM MIKASA!" Eren screamed as he was hanging off the side of the roof from Levi's punch. Levi then tried to move as Mikasa kept him pinned.