How It All Started

Y/N Pov

It had been a few days since we ended the war. The Mideastern alliance was forced to sign a peace treaty as the warriors and warrior candidates were resting in a Marleyan city. 

"Wait!" Reiner yelled as he reached his hand out, waking up from a nightmare. I was with them in a resting room because I was close enough friends with them.

"Sounded like you were having an extra sweet dream. Thought I'd let you enjoy it." Porco said to Reiner as he sat up, clutching his head. 

"You saved my life at fort Slava. Thanks Galliard. I owe you." Reiner said as Porco took a bite of his sandwich.

"Don't want your thanks. If I had inherited the armored titan nine years ago, none of this would have happened. My brother would still be alive because he wouldn't have been eaten trying to protect you."

"So you've seen Marcel's memories?"

"I haven't. But I've learned what I needed to know from my predecessor Ymir. An ironically grand name for such a pitiful woman. She basically volunteered to give my brothers jaws back, right?"

"Yeah. She did."

"What did you even do on that island anyway? Stumble around finding people to save you?"

"Yeah."

"I saw you through her memories. You acted like you were the touch, reliable type. Not at all like yourself. Did you think you could fill my brothers shoes?"

"Porco. Can we drop it. You've had this conversation like a million times. I'm tired." I said as Porco looked over at me.

"What do you know Ulrich?"

"What I read from the reports. And from what I know, nothing you're saying is wrong but I just don't want to talk about this right now."

"So you agree with me that Reiner is a just a useless-"

"Pock, we shouldn't pick on people who were shot with artillery." Pieck said suddenly walking into the room, with a cane. 

"That's not my name Pieck. Stop it."

"How are you?"

"It's been about two months since I've been human. Kind of forgot how the whole bipedal thing works. By the way Reiner, you gotta visit Gabi and the others. They're worried about you."

"Right. Will do." Reiner said as he quickly left.

"Haa, I'm pooped." Pieck said as she laid down on the bed.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." Porco said as he looked down at Pieck laying on the bed.

"Really? Even though we're always fighting side by side?"

"Well. We won't have to for a while." I said as Porco nodded.

"We can only hope." Pieck said as there was a knock of the door. 

"I'll get it." I said quickly standing up from my spot and opening the door to reveal a postman.

"There's a letter for a, Ulrich Aoki? Is he here?"