Traitors (Part 2)

Y/N Pov

"I'm the armored and he's the colossal." Reiner said as Bertholdt started to panic.

"Reiner why are you telling him this. Reiner no-"

"We were sent on a mission, our goal was to ensure mankind's extinction. But now there's no need for that. Eren if you want the walls to remain standing, it's simple. Just come with Bertholdt and me. Do you understand?" Reiner said with a serious tone. He wasn't joking, he wasn't... joking...

I could feel Mikasa move as she was trying to move closer to them but I kept my grip on her wrist and looked her straight in the eyes, telling her to wait.

"Understand?! What is there to understand?!" Eren said loudly which made Reiner frustrated.

"Listen to me, I need you to do exactly as I say. Look, I know this is sudden but we have to go."

"Right now? Where would you take me?"

"I can't tell you. Not yet, just, think of it as our home town. Okay, so what's it gonna be? Not a bad deal right? A chance to advert a major crisis." Reiner said as I looked down. I knew he wasn't lying, when he talked in this tone that means he isn't lying.

"You guys, get a move on, we're heading out!" Armin yelled from behind us but I just kept looking down. Fuck. The report yesterday was accurate.

Flashback ——- 12 hours earlier

"I finally got the background report for Annie Leonhart." Hange said looking down at the paper Sasha gave to her as we all looked up from the crates.

"Annie?" Eren asked as Hange looked at us.

"Yeah. It took longer than what I was hoping for, the paper trails kind of a catastrophe at the moment. Bureaucracy huh. Anyway, according to this, there were two other cadets in the 104th who hailed from the same region. I have their names. Reiner Braun and Bertholdt Hoover." Hange said as my eyes widened. That couldn't be true, could it? No. No, it can't, it... no.

"Not much survives in the way of records, and thanks to the chaos five years ago, what we have on then is unreliable. However, we do now that during the long range scouting formation their unit was given false intel. They were among those intentionally mislead into thinking Eren was in the right wing." Hange said as we all looked surprised.

"Huh? Wait just a minute, that's where Annie attacked." Armin as we all looked over at him.

"It's entirely possible that they told Annie where they thought Eren was." Armin said as Eren began to looked frustrated.

"Where are you going with this Armin?! You can't just accuse-"

"I totally agree. Coincidentally doesn't establish relationship. Bearing that in mind, I'm curious to know how the three interacted while training." Hange asked us as I looked over at Armin and Eren on my right.

"I knew Bertholdt and Reiner were from the same region as Annie, but I never saw them act friendly." Armin said as we all agreed with him.

"Guys, what are we talking about. These are our comrades. Yeah sure, Bertholdt never has a lot to say but Reiner is like everyone's big brother you know. You really think he's capable of lying to us?" Eren finally stated as I just looked down.