Trost (Part 1)

The next day the 104th cadets were assigned to cleaning the cannons a top Wall Rose. I was in the same group as Eren, Mina, Thomas, Connie, Sasha, Armin and some others.

We were there cleaning and talking.

"Yeah I'm joining the scouts." Connie said as a surprised Eren turned to him.

"What? Why? All you talked about was joining the MP's?"

"Don't worry about it, a guy can change his mind right?"

"I think your speech yesterday lit a fire under him." Mina said walking up behind Eren.

"Ain't nobody talking to you. His little temper tantrum had nothing to do with it!" Connie yelled at Mina embarrassed.

After that I stopped paying attention.

Then there was a loud boom at the other side of the wall as the titan from 5 years ago appeared again, looking at us and over the wall as steam rushed forward pushing many of us off the wall. Sasha saved a guy named Samuel from falling to his death while others managed to barely hook on the wall.

Eren looked back at us all as I managed to easily hook onto the wall, there was another hole in the gate of the wall as Eren looked down in shock.

"They're gonna get in!" Someone yelled as Eren kept looking in fear.

"This is it people!" Eren yelled while drawing his blades.

"Fight or die!" He yelled as he started going up the wall

"Take out the colossal titan! This is our chance don't let it slip away!" He yelled landing on top of the wall.

"Eren wait! You can't go alone!" I yelled but he didn't listen. I grit my teeth as I saw people stuck under rubble that I could help.

"You guys support Eren!" I yelled at everyone else as I flew down pulling out my blades.

You  managed to save a small boy and his mother from under some rubble that you lifted.

As you landed on a roof you saw the cannons get knocked down in parts into the city as you then saw the front of the colossal titan disappear as steam shot out. As many more titans started to enter into Trost. You was about to swing down to until one of the garrison members flew down to you.

"Cadet, operation colossal titan response is in effect, you need to go to h.q." He said as then flew upwards towards the others. I didn't know if you should have killed more titans but you left.

You were flying towards hq as you heard the evacuation bell ring as citizens screamed in fear and ran. It was just like five years ago but things have changed, you can do more. 

In h.q. you were with Eren and Armin filling up your gas canisters as Armin was shaking violently as Mikasa walked up behind us.

"Armin are you ok?" You said with concern as he struggled to fill his gas canisters.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. Just give me a second for my nerves to calm down." Armin replied with a shaky voice. You felt bad for him.

"This is bad isn't it, there's a hole in the wall eight meters wide and we don't even remotely have the engineering known to plug it. That huge boulder near the front gate was our best bet, but we couldn't figure out how to hoist it in place. Unless we seal the breach the entire cities as good as dead." Armin said with his voice getting shakier as he looked down.

"How long do you think before they take wall Rose? Seriously how long, think about it. Any time the moon strikes they could wipe out the human race in an afternoon." Armin said as he looked like he was about to cry.

"Armin, listen to me. You're focused on the past. Hey, we're not gonna be the victims anymore." Eren said at Armin as he then calmed down.

"Sorry. I'm ok." Armin said as he finished filling his gas canisters.

"I want everyone split into four squadrons as practiced! All squadrons are responsible for supply running, message relay, and enemy combat under the command of the garrison regiment!" The captain of the garrison regiments soldiers yelled at us.

"The intercept squadron will be taking the vanguard. Cadets will be taking the middle guard, led by the support squad! Rear guard will go to the elites! I expect you all to man your posts knowing the advanced team has been wiped out!" He yelled as everyone gasped at him saying that.

"That's right! The other gate is history! The titans are in! This means the armored titan is likely to reappear! If and when he does the inner gate will also be history!" Everyone started to whisper to each other and themselves, hoping this was a dream.

"Quiet! Right, those in the vanguard be ready! The whole area is well-known, your mission is a very simple one, defend the wall until the evacuation is done! Now be aware all of you that desertion is punishable by execution! If it comes to it, lay down your lives! Dismissed!" The captain of the garrison regiment yelled at us as we saluted, getting into our squads.

I was walking around as everyone was in panic, multiple people were sick or contemplating their decision in joining the military, or begging for this to not happen. I saw Eren talking to Jean and after Jean left I walked up to him and so did Mikasa.

"Eren, if things turn for the worse I want you to come and find me, alright." Mikasa said right as I was about to say something.

"What? We're in completely different squads." Eren said to her as she retorted.

"Look, this is gonna get ugly and when it does the plan goes out the window. Come and find me so I can protect you." I didn't even feel like arguing at a time like this as she said that as she looked at me expecting me to.

"Who the hell do you think you-" 

"L/N, Ackerman, you're with me. You've been assigned the rear guard on special orders. Let's get moving." One of the garrison soldiers came up to us and told us this, interrupting Eren. After he said that Mikasa looked distressed and spoke back.

"But sir, me and Y/N are cadets, we'll slow everyone down." Mikasa retorted, bringing me down with her.

"You're not being asked for a self evaluation here. The mass exodus is falling apart, we need as many elite soldiers as possible to get things back." He said as he turned around walking away.

"Sir..." Mikasa was about to go after him as I grabbed her shoulder.

"Mikasa we've been given direct orders, we need to go." I said as she just pulled away from me not saying anything and looking at Eren.

"Y/N is right you've been given direct orders, so pull it together. This is bigger than any of us and you know it. We're on the verge of extinction here, have some damn perspective!" Eren said with anger as Mikasa just looked down in sadness.

"Eren don't be to harsh. Let's go Mikasa." You said as you felt she needed some support after what Eren said, because she really cared about Eren and you knew that after all the arguments you had with her.

You grabbed her wrist and started pulling her away as she didn't fight back and just turned her head.

"Promise me Eren. Promise me that whatever happens, you won't die." She said looking at him before turning away as we walked to where the rear defense squad was.