Better Life

Y/N Pov

I ran through the dark streets as I ran through the empty streets. The sun hadn't risen over the walls but I kept running. I eventually got to the familiar road that I've been going to for a couple months. I walked up the slope as I knocked on the door of the house. 

"Hello Y/N. I'm assuming you're here to help again, right?" 

"Yes."

"You really do 't have to. You already paid us back for those couple days you stayed with us."

"It's fine. I enjoy being here." I said as she smiled.

"Alright alright, come in." Mrs. Yeager said as I walked into their house. Mr. Yeager was sitting at the table and reading a newspaper as I set the teapot. I walked into their kitchen as I grabbed one of their knives and started to cut vegetables as Mrs. Yeager started cooking eggs. After I finished cutting I put it into a pot to boil.

"Y/N I need to go wash the clothes. Can you take care of the rest of breakfast?" Mrs. Yeager said as I nodded. My mom taught me how to cook and do household chores. I wasn't good at cooking but I could fry eggs. 

"Y/N knock on the basement door once breakfast is done. And remember to wake up the two- oh look who it is. Mikasa why don't you help Y/N with breakfast. I'll be in the basement." Mr. Yeager said as Mikasa nodded. Mr. Yeager went into the basement as Mikasa walked into the kitchen.

"Mikasa could you set the table?" I said as she nodded and grabbed the plates and utensils as I put the eggs into a platter with the boiled vegetables. I grabbed the sausages that they had from the pantry and quickly cooked them out them on the platter. I set it on the table as Mikasa had already set the plates and went to get Mrs. Yeager. I walked towards the cellar hatch as I opened it and went inside and knocked on the door.

"Mr. Yeager breakfast is ready." I said as I heard him put down something. I walked back up the stairs as Mrs. Yeager and Mikasa were already at the table.

"Why didn't anyone wake me up." Eren said in a groggily voice as he was rubbing his eyes. Mr. Yeager walked out from the basement as he and Eren sat at the table. 

"Y/N why don't you eat with us?" 

"Sorry I need to run out to the market. I promised Armin I'd help him get something for his grandpa. Since its his birthday soon." I said.

"I wanna go!" Eren said as he was about to stand up.

"Sit down and eat your food young man. Its okay Y/N, you should go. Don't want to keep Armin waiting for long." Mrs. Yeager said as Eren pouted and sat back down to eat. I walked out their house as I looked around before running towards the direction of the market. Once I got to the market I started looking around for Armin as I couldn't find him. After a while of me looking around I saw Armin running through the market as he was being chased by the three same bullies that always bullied him. Of fucking course... I started to run after them as they were running for a while. I turned into an alley way as I saw that they had finally caught Armin. They were beating him up as I quietly walked up behind them and grabbed one of them by the shoulder.

"Huh?" He said as he turned to look at me as I swept his legs and dropped him on the ground as the other two looked at me. I jumped at another kid and kicked him into the wall as I landed I grabbed him by the collar and lifted him over my head and slammed him into the ground. The last guy attempted to punch me but I grabbed his hand and slammed his elbow down as I backhanded him right after. The guy I knocked over earlier got up as I threw the guy I backhanded at him, knocking them both over again. They all got up eventually as one was clutching his arm as they ran away. I turned to Armin as he was sitting on the ground with dirt all over him.