Operation: Recover Eren (Part 1)

Y/N Pov

The lifts had finally got here allowing the horses to be lifted over the walls and to the other side. We could rescue Eren. Commander Erwin and the rest of the scouts came riding in from along the wall with their horses with blades and gas being transported with them. 

"Never thought they'd ride on top of the wall." Armin said as we all watched them riding closer and closer.

"Must be the quickest route here." Historia said as she swung a cape over her shoulder.

"For the record, you won't but I'd much prefer if you'd stay put." Armin said to Historia as it was already clear what she was going to say.

"No. Not happening. Nice try though. As long as Ymir's in danger, nothing will keep me here. Sorry, that's just how it is." She said as she looked over at Armin.

"We're all in this together Armin." Connie said all of the sudden as he was just standing there.

"You're not special, everyone one of us has a reason for going. I'm still trying to process mine to be honest. Why did Bertholdt and Reiner do what they did? I wanna ask while I look at them dead in the eyes." Connie finished as the Scouts with some MP's finally got off their horses.

"Deploy the lifts!" Commander Erwin yelled as people started setting up the lifts. We just had to wait.

"Everyone, gather round!" A scout yelled at everyone as we all gathered around Hange, who was on the ground with a map.

"It's a gamble but, the trees in this forest are massive. I say we ride straight for it. See, even if they had a way to cover the armored titan's footprints, this is almost definitely where we would find them." hange said looking up at Erwin who was looking down at the map.

"Why is that?" He asked as Hange looked back down at the map.

"They need to recoup. They have the power to assume titan form but other titans on that side of the wall still pose a threat. Especially after putting up such a fight. Yes, Eren was the worst for it, but they've got to be spent. Remember when Annie went out cold? Let's suppose they're heading somewhere beyond the wall Maria, that's not a simple hike. They'll need all the rest they can get before covering that kind of distance. They're in no shape to make it in a single push. And if so, they would want to catch their breath somewhere other titans can't get to them. Odds are they'll hold out till it gets dark. We have until sundown. If we can reach the forest by then, we might just have a chance to save them!" Hange finished as the last of the horses got over the walls and we got ready to leave quickly.

Once we got everyone down the wall and on their horses Commander Erwin told everyone to move out. 

"Let's move!" He yelled at the front of the formation as I was next to Petra, who had recovered enough to go on this operation, and Mikasa. We rode at full speed to the forest as there were no titans in sight.

"Be on the look out! All riders assume formation!" Erwin yelled from the front again as we assumed the formation. It consisted of small groups in the formation of an arrow head. We kept riding forward at full speed. After some time riding some red flares were shot up on the right side, meaning there were titans.

"Mikasa! Hey Mikasa!" Hannes was yelling as she was going to far forward.

"Stop pushing so hard. You're drifting up into the vanguard. You wanna break the whole formation?" Hannes said as he rode up next to her.