The Place Where It Started

Y/N Pov

Once me and the others were brought to Shiganshina, we were detained and all kept in a cell. 

"Here. You like tea?" Mr. Braus asked handing me a cup of tea. They gave us tea in a cell.

"Hey Armin. Do you think you could bust us out of here by turning titan?" Connie asked Armin.

"I'm afraid not. I'd blow up half the town if I tried. The colossal titan is powerful, but it's far from precise. Unlike Eren's titan." Armin said as I sat across from him. 

"So. How did Eren end up beating you to a pulp and making Mikasa fight Y/N? I think its about time you told us." Jean asked Armin as Mikasa looked down. She was sitting in the corner of the cell without the scarf. After learning about everything she did learn about... I would do the same.

"Eren was hurting Mikasa with his words. So Y/N went to hit him, but was stopped by Mikasa because Eren activated her Ackerman blood. Being able to control her. He made her fight Y/N while I attacked Eren. And he responded in kind." Armin explained.

"Huh? Wait what do you mean he was hurting her?" Jean asked, anger seeping into his voice.

"Well, he-"

"Stop. It's fine." Mikasa said from the corner even though everyone could tell it wasn't okay. She wasn't okay.

"Mikasa-"

"Y/N, I don't want to talk to you. I deserve to." Mikasa said as I only nodded. I had put the scarf in front of her but she hadn't taken it.

"No, it isn't fine. Seriously, tell me what he said to make Mikasa think that she doesn't deserve to talk to Y/N-"

"Just let it go Jean." I said as he didn't reply.

"Yeah. We already knew that he'd turn into an absolute piece of shit. But now he's lost his mind so completely, that he went out of his way to hurt the three people he used to care about the most." Connie said.

"Assuming that he hasn't just lost it, I don't see him doing that without some kind of reason. I wonder... Could he have some sort of hidden motive?" Jean asked 

"Y/N, you worked with him in Marley right? Do you know if he has any hidden motives?" Armin asked me as I shrugged. I don't know actually, but I think I have a good idea why.

"I don't know." I said as he nodded. 

"Eren said that you're on his side? Why are you here then?" Armin asked again as I looked down.

"He says that since I work so closely with you guys, I'm most likely betraying him. That's why he had Mikasa..." I didn't finish my sentence and only Armin knew what I was talking about.

"That makes sense." Armin said. The others were confused when Armin said I was on his side.

"You're on his side Y/N?" Connie asked.

"Eren made Mikasa do what?" Jean asked as there were footsteps coming from outside the cage. They were coming closer to the cell.

"Heroes of Shiganshina. It's always an honor to see you." It was Yelena, Onyankopon and Nicolo's assistant.

"It pains me that our reunion must take place across these bars." She said placing hand over her heart.