Last Day Of Peace

Y/N Pov

Armin quickly made his way to the barracks as me and Mikasa followed. He was going to go to Ragako to stop Connie. If he managed to get Falco, then we'd be able to make peace with the warriors.

"Armin wait, Connie has too much of a lead. You won't make it in time. And besides, there's nothing you can say if you did make it in time. You really plan to ask him to give up on saving his mom? You think that's right?" Mikasa said as Armin finished gearing up.

"Yeah I do. And even if I am bound to fail, I still have to do everything I possibly can to save Falco. Because if I don't, then Gabi will never come to trust us. It is crucial that we win her over. Reiner and the cart titan are still out there somewhere and I believe she's the best hope we have to create some kind of truce with them. It's not as if the issue of titan inheritance is going away anytime soon. If worse comes to worse, we can end up in another struggle for control over the nine. Repeating the wars of the last two thousand years. But on this tiny little island of ours. Honestly I'm so exhausted all I want is to sleep for the next couple days. But human history is passing through a bottleneck right now, so the actions we choose to take could have a huge impact on the future. He can't go through with this. So yeah I'll tell Connie that his mom might need to stay a titan forever. See you later." Armin said as he stood up. Ready to leave.

"Armin." Mikasa said as he turned back. 

"Any idea what we should do?" Mikasa asked.

"Seems like Jean could use your help. You'll have to figure out the rest for yourselves." Armin said as he reached for the door handle.

"So what do we do about Eren?" Mikasa asked as Armin finally burst.

"How should I know?! Who says there's anything we can do! Not only are Hange and the captain probably dead right now, but if we get on Floch's bad side we might end up joining them! Let's see, what else, oh right, Annie's probably back in action! And what's left of the military's chain of command is probably shattered! It's in chaos! Also, Historias probably in danger right now, along with the Azumabito clan, Nicolo and the volunteers from Marley, it's too much! There's no point in worrying about Eren, we can't stop him! He's a lost cause! Why can't you understand that Mikasa!" Armin yelled at Mikasa as he finished his rant.

"Sorry." Was all Mikasa could mutter as Armin looked down.

"If you were talking to commander Erwin right now, there's no way he would have snapped at you like that. I guess... we know for a fact now, captain Levi saved the wrong person. He should have chosen Erwin."

"Armin-" I was about to call to him but the door slam shut. 

"My scarf, it's gone." I heard Mikasa mutter. 

"Mikasa, why are you even looking for it?" I asked as she was searching under every cupboard and bench. Everywhere.

"Because... it's special." She said as I sighed sitting down.

"It's just a piece of cloth."

"No it's not. It is your families." She said as she got up to search other places. 

"It just represents how much I failed. How weak I was." I said as she looked at me.

"I always didn't make the right decision. My family is known for being strong but I'm nothing but weak. It's just a reminder of that. I failed all of you guys. I could've prevented this all." I said as Mikasa shook her head.