The Argument

3rd Person Pov

Time was slowly going on for everyone. Days past of training in odm, hand-to-hand and studying about the titans and many other things. Along with routine strength, speed, and endurance training such as push-ups, sit-ups, running, and many more exercises. 

Examiner Pov

The top of almost all the classes was cadet Y/N L/N. He was so fast with the odm gear he was able to fly around the forest with such finesse it was almost to the same level as Captain Levi. He flew around taking kills from the others while also being able to maneuver and keep his speed.

In hand to hand no one stood a chance, either his reflexes were that good or he learned how to fight before. Whenever someone challenged him the fight would end in less than 10 seconds. There was only one cadet that could stand a chance against cadet Y/N and that was cadet Mikasa Ackerman, though they rarely ever actually fought, and if they did it would usually end in a draw.

There was only one person better than him in academics, it was cadet Armin Arlert even though it seemed like cadet Y/N L/N wasn't trying in all the classes he was still the one with the highest marks.

The amount of exercises in the routine exercises seemed so easy for cadet Y/N that he seemed to go over without thinking about it. He would be very useful in the scouts.

Y/N Pov

We were doing we're doing hand to hand training as I flipped Reiner right onto his back after he rushed me, I then saw a taller guy with blonde and thick eyebrows watching me as I did it out of instinct but just managed to catch him, not using all of my power to push him down, I felt slightly uneasy as the man watched until looking at a different person.

"Switch!" Keith yelled as we all just switched partners with Eren walking up to me.

"Hey Y/N, what to spar?" he said as he got ready, with me just standing there before putting my arms up.

Mikasa Pov

I saw Y/N and Eren about to get ready to spar as I got ready to spar with Sasha, but right as I did I saw them about to start and I had this feeling, I don't know how explain it but it felt like I had to choose between two feelings that I didn't really know well...

Sasha then rushed me as I dodged to the side, grabbing her arm and pushing her to the ground.

Y/N Pov

Later that day at dinner after we were done with sparring I was sitting with Armin, Mikasa, you had gotten a lot closer with Eren, Armin, and Mikasa over the years. You considered them family at this point, like your true family. It had been around a year since you joined the cadet core, and training was going smoothly. Eren said something about Jean trying to get better at titan killing to be safe in the walls where there were no titans that he clearly heard as he turned around and said "You'd rather I'd be good at getting killed? Thank you but I'll pass." He said with a harsh tone in his voice. "Better to play the system then get gnawed on."

"You son of bitch!" Eren shouted while standing up as Jean also stood up.

"Bring it on you little bastard!" As Jean said, Eren grabbed his collar, this made you and Mikasa both get up but Mikasa got there first.

"Gentlemen stop it." She said while grabbing his hand and bringing it down. Jean then grabbed Eren's collar.

"You think you can judge me!" Jean yelled.

"You rip my shirt your dead!"

"I don't give a damn about your shirt, you piss me off!"

"What, are you crazy!"

Everyone was watching their argument as Eren suddenly grabbed Jean's hand and flipped him with his leg, it was a move Annie would do a lot of most of the people she sparred with if they grabbed her, I wonder if he learned from her?

"You think you can get into the Military Police with those skills?" Eren asked with Jean getting up rubbing his back from pain. As I heard someone walking towards the cafeteria I quickly grabbed it and put it on the floor as Eren, Jean, and Mikasa got back in their seats I stood there.

"Does anyone care to explain the ruckus I just heard?" Keith said as he walked in. You raised your hand.

"I dropped my tray sir." You said in your normal voice as Keith just left closing the door. You picked up the tray and put it back on the table.

After everyone left I asked Mikasa if she could stay back for a little bit.

3rd Person Pov

"What do you need Y/N?" Mikasa asked as she just looked at you sitting back down on the seat as the man sat on the other side of her.

"I think you need to stop being so overprotective of Eren, he can take care of himself." The man stated quickly. Mikasa just looked at the man as anger entered her tone.

"He can't protect himself. I need to protect him."

"He is a trained soldier, he needs to be able to protect himself and he can. What if you're not there?"

"I'll always be there, even if the entire world is against him I'll be by his side."

"You need to give him freedom, if you are constantly looking over him he doesn't have any freedom." Y/N said with anger slightly slipping into his tone.

"He has freedom just I will always be there and always protect him, I made that promise. What about you, you let him get hurt in odm and hand to hand."

"He needs to learn, if you're doing everything for him what can he learn?"

"By hurting himself?"

"That's how you learn." Y/N said with more anger getting into his voice slightly pushing Mikasa back

"He's all I have left."

"What about me and Armin? We spent years together, surviving together. We came here together." Y/N said as Mikasa didn't answer after that.

Y/N just looked at Mikasa with a questioning look before asking.

"Do you love Eren?" Y/N asked with spite.

"N-no no." She said as she stuttered looking down.

"I'll be going." Y/N said quietly before leaving.