Brave Volunteers

3rd Person Pov

The Scouts had started to operate outside the walls with all the titans being eradicated. They had started to build a camp at the wall where the Eldians were turned into titans, in order that they could capture and eliminate any enemies that arrived at the island. After the battle for Shiganshina and the loss of the colossal titan, Marley had stopped sending scout ships to the island. The island has been using the attack and colossal titans to take out the ships that came to the island, capturing many Marleyan soldiers.

"Everyone! Stations! Eren, get ready! A scout ship is coming in!" Captain Levi yelled as the scouts all got ready for the scout ship to arrive. 

"Captain. It looks like there's a lot more people then the last few ships." Y/N informed the captain as he nodded. 

"Hange, you might not want to walk up to them like you did to the ships."

"It'll be fine."

"Remember that time you almost got shot in the he-"

"It'll be fine, don't worry shorty." Hange said as she looked down at him.

"Shut it foureyes. Go ahead and get shot." Levi said as the boat passed right over where Eren was stationed, as he transformed and picked up the ship from the front, out of the water. Causing many of the soldiers to fall off the boat. He brought the ship over to where the rest of the scouts were as he stood over the boat.

"Hello! Ladies and gentlemen of Marley! Welcome to Paradise Island! Nice to meet ya, I'm Hange! It's an honor to welcome guests from oh so far across the sea to come here! The trip must have left you exhausted so why not join us for some tea?! Ooohh I almost forgot, if you're curious about who this guest of ours is, he arrived just before you guys and we're already getting along splendidly, isn't that right. Tell them Nicolo!" Hange ranted quickly as Y/N touched his blade to Nicolo's back. He was a chef who like Hange said, arrived on the boat right before this one. 

"Please captain! Forget about me and gun these devils down while you can!" Nicolo yelled as Hange started sweating.

"Huh? What are you saying Nicolo?" Hange asked as Nicolo yelled out at the captain again. The rest of the Marleyan soldiers were scared out of their minds.

"He's saying he doesn't want to be a part of your shitty skit." Levi said as the captain on the ship raised his gun at them.

"Know this you filthy devils! Marley doesn't negotiate with filthy bloods like you! And we're certainly not gonna sit down with you and drink the pig piss you call tea!" The captain yelled as he stared down Hange, Levi, and Y/N, standing on a small hill.

"Oh, you sure about that?! Maybe you should be more polite! Unless you want to piss off the titan looming behind you!" Hange yelled out to them as they all looked back to see Eren looking down on them as most of them ran to the front of the ship, away from him.

"Marley will never bend down to the power of devils! This is all she has to say to you!" The captain yelled as he was about to pull the trigger, a soldier from the ship walked up behind him and shot him in the head as the scouts watched in disbelief as the soldiers all pointed guns at each other.

"Hange! I'd like to except your invitation. Let's have some tea." Yelena said as the scouts were all caught off guard and more surprised then before. They all walked to the tents as Hange and Levi went to talk to Yelena and another guy named, Onyankopon.

"Oh! I see now, that's why your guns can shoot so many bullets!" Hange said as she inspected the gun Yelena gave her.

"Back in Marley, those weapons are standard issue. The Marleyan army consists of fifty divisions. Each made of twenty thousand troops. That comes out to a million soldiers in total. Then there's the Marleyan navy. It's divided into three fleets with twenty one battleships each. Marley has been developing new weapons to. Their making strides in aerial warfare."

"Aerial?" Hange asked as Yelena stopped talking.

"Keep it together. Or they'll think we're weak."

"I know that." Levi whispered to Hange as she responded.

"In other words. Their making flying ships which can cercanvent walls by attacking from the sky-"

"Huh! They'll attack from the sky!" Hange interrupted Onyankopon.

"Hange."

"If Marley truly has the military capabilities you just described to us, why haven't they sent an invasion force in the pass year? Tell me."

"There are two primary reasons. The first is the pure titans Marley released here. They pose a serious threat to a landing force, even if that force is armed with the latest weaponry. They were originally taken here to keep you Eldians confined within your walls. But in more recent times, they've served as Eldia's first line of defense."

"You don't say. Well isn't that funny."

"But, it'll be morning shortly, and day is when titans will become active. Which tells me, that if we're still here sipping tea in the wilderness beyond the walls, you must have killed all the pure titans that were roaming around. Is my assessment correct?" Yelena said as she looked at the two.

"And what if it is. You gonna take that intel back to Marley?" Levi asked Yelean's eyes widened.

"Never. It is amazing. I am in awe." Yelena said as Hange was sweating.

"So what was the second reason?" Hange asked as Yelean took a sip of her tea.

"Marley is occupied. It's at war with an alliance of several nations. They can't be bothered to deal with Paradise now. You defeated the warrior unit, the pride of Marley. And doing so, you stripped Marley of two of its best weapons. The female and colossal titans. Marley is a nation with many enemies. Once they saw that you left it in a weakened state, they quickly joined as one and declared war." Yelena explained as she sipped her tea again.

"I'm guessing that your group infiltrated Marley because you have some sort of grudge against it. Are you undercover agents from some of the nations that Marley's conquered?" Hange asked as both Yelena and Onyankopons eyes widened. 

"Oho, so I'm right. If your willing to go against Marley, you must be working with some powerful backers." Hange asked as Yelean set her tea down.

"I'm sorry to disappoint but we're not agents or anything of the sort. We were utterly powerless. Marley took our homes, and conscripted us into its army. The hope that we could eventually strike back faded every day, that is until we met... him. People feared that titan the world over. They called him the devil. But to me he looked like something else entirely... a god. One that gave hope to the powerless. Our mutiny, was carried out at the express command of Zeke Yeager. We're the anit-Marleyan voluntears. And our goal is... to free the Eldian people." 

A/N

Hello my peoples. I know this is a shorter chapter but I wanted to get something out. The next few chapters will be focused on the building up of Paradise before the Marley arc. I was also thinking about starting a new book. I would like to dip my toes into something other then aot. Don't worry I'll still finish this book but I'll probably be updating it less because of the second book. I was thinking something spider man because I saw the new across the spider verse movie so I was thinking about something like that. Idk I just feel like doing something like that so I might post the first chapters to that book this week, maybe today, idk. If you have ideas you can tell me but that was what I was thinking about. Okay bye.