Sacrifice

3rd Pov

The group took care of the injured Y/N as they brought him back to the hangar, taking care of his wounds.

"Y/N I'm so sorry. I-"

"Mikasa stop apologizing, he's sleeping. He's healing. Don't worry." Hange said as Mikasa cried. The scarf sitting on her neck as she unwrapped it and lay it under Y/N's head.

"I don't deserve it. I hurt you so much Y/N." Mikasa said as the others called her for help. But before she left, she her hand on the mans chest, feeling his heart beat steadily. She grabbed his hand as she put it against her face, savoring the feeling, the warmth. 

"Mikasa! We need you over here!" The commander of the scouts yelled as she stood up quickly.

"Each of you, inspect your gear." The commander ordered as they all did so. But the captain struggled with this injuries.

"Two fingers is all I need. I'm ready." The captain said as his comrades watched him. Meanwhile, the warriors said their goodbyes.

"So I'm the only one running away..." The blonde said as she stared at the ground.

"Don't worry about it. From the beginning, you were never subservient to Marley. You don't have to shoulder anything more." Her black haired comrade stated.

"All this time, I've wanted to apologize to you and Bertholdt. It all goes back to that day, when I continued the mission that started all this. Thad day, if I had turned back, both you and Bertholdt could have gone home and seen your families. It feels presumptuous to even apologize." The blonde man said to his comrade.

"Yeah, I don't know how many times I decided to kill you, only to stop myself." The blonde girl said as her comrade was shocked.

"I'm glad you didn't." The blonde man said as his comrade had a smirk on her face as they hugged each other.

"Take care of Gabi and Falco."

"Yes, sir." The former warriors exchanged their farewells as the blonde was about to step onto the boat.

"Annie! Annie, take care! See you later!" The scouts all waved their comrade off as she just watched. She looked through every one of them, but stopped on Armin. He waved at her as she was filled with emotions but decided to hold them back as she stepped onto the boat.

"Armin, are you all right with this?" The raven haired girl asked as the blonde was embarrassed.

"With what?" He asked trying to hide what she had already figured out.

"To be honest, I was relying on her." 

"But Annie has fought enough."

"I am... I... I want Annie to stay Annie." The blonde haired boy responded to the ravenette.

"Are you two sure you want to come with us? Assuming the rumbling stops, Eldians won't find themselves in a great position..." The commander informed the two warriors.

"I hate to admit it, but you were right, Hange. General Magath was leaving us a final order. To work together and do what needs to be done." The black haired warrior said.