Revelations

Y/N Pov

The next day we were all called to talk with the scouts who leaked some rumors about Eren. It happened overnight and was already printed in the papers. The four who leaked the information were Floch, Louise, Akari, and Mark. (Call back to escape from a while ago if you don't remember) They had all joined the military after what happened. 

"So it was the four of you who leaked these rumors about Eren to the public. Three recruits, Mark, Akari, and Louise. And one veteran. Floch. Care to tell me why you did it?" Hange asked as she sat down on a chair. The rest of us stood around. 

"Because Eren never should have been imprisoned. He's done nothing wrong and should be freed at once. He challenged a powerful imposing enemy, and grasped victory. We now have the rumbling. Even if Eren gets eaten. Its a power that secures our right to live. Eren Yeager is no criminal. He's a war hero. And he just saved the life of every person in the new Eldian empire. Even if he gets eaten by Y/N. He's a hero."

"The nation of Eldia is in greater danger than ever. We don't know if the rumbling can protect us yet or not. Nobody knows how it works, its still just a myth at this point."

"Only because you're keeping Eren locked up. And because the military is taking its sweet time deciding if they want to sacrifice Eren or not. At the very least I hope that you'll agree that we can't afford to waste time right now. We need to be decisive. To make use of our victory. It will be Eren Yeager who leads this nation. If not Eren, then Y/N L/N. Please see reason and release him at once." Floch said as I looked down. I won't kill Eren. Even for the future of Eldia. It's not proven if I can resist the power of the vow renouncing war. That's why the military is taking its time to decide.

"Yeah. You might just be right about that. From a certain view point, I've already made the decision to see Zeke Yeager's plan through to the end. I'm responsible for making that choice. Which is why I can't tolerate insubordination. You will all be tried for the crime of leaking confidential intelligence. Detain them in the meantime." Hange said as the scouts detained them.

"If this is the price for serving humanity within the walls then so be it." Floch said as we all walked them out. Once we got them to their cells we locked their doors as they looked around. Louise talked to Mikasa.

"This may sound strange, but have you ever been in this cell Mikasa?" Louise asked as Mikasa was stunned for a second.

"No I haven't." She replied as Louise seemed saddened by that.

"Well that's too bad. I had kind of hoped. Either way, I have no regrets about leaking that intel. The scout regiment's goal is victory. And if military law becomes an obstacle to that goal there's nothing to do but bend the rules right?" Louise said.

"Don't talk like that Louise. It'll just extend your sentence." Mikasa informed her but she didn't care. 

"About four years have passed since you saved me from a titan. And nothing has changed for me. I watched you and Y/N bring one of them down with nothing but human strength, and realized you can't protect others without power. That it's okay to fight against senseless violence. It's necessary. Ever since that day, I've hoped I can get a chance to get closer to you like Y/N is to you. That's why I..." Louise was talking as she paused. Mikasa then fixed her scarf as Louise looked at her.

"Tell me Mikasa, why did you join the scout regiment? If it was for Yeager, then you should set him free-"

"I only have one thing to say to you. Keep your mouth shut Louise." Mikasa said coldly as she walked away. Louise then saluted making Mikasa turn to her before turning back. Mikasa then gripped her head as she groaned.