The Basement

Y/N Pov

It had been multiple hours since Armin transformed as we brought them to the top of the wall with Sasha and put them in sleeping bags as we were all stationed around the city of Shiganshina to make sure there were no more titans or threats and to search for survivors. There was a green flare shot off from the wall, showing that Armin had awoken. We all went to the wall as Eren was there along with Sasha and Armin.

"Ok. Are you up to speed now?" Levi asked as the rest of us landed on the wall. Me and Mikasa sat down next to Eren and Armin as his eyes were widened.

"Yeah. We won. But of the scout regiment, there are only nine soldiers left alive. The ten of us." Armin said as his eyes were wide.

"That's what it looks like. The fighting ended four hours ago. We've been searching for survivors but no luck." Jean said as he took of sip of his water bottle.

"So, to be clear. We resealed Shiganshina's gate, reclaiming wall Maria. Reiner and the beast titan escaped, along with the quadruped. You managed to capture Bertholdt... and with both me and the commander wounded... you had to choose who to give the injection to.... And you did... I transformed into a titan and... ate Bertholdt." Armin said as he voice shook as he was about to vomit, but he managed to keep it in as Jean gave him his water as he drank a lot. He was breathing hard as he looked down at the wall.

"Why though... why'd you pick me? No matter how you look at it... Commander Erwin's the one humanity needs the most." Armin said as Levi sighed in frustration.

"Tch. Hey, Yeager. I thought I told you to tell him everything. Your friends here and I, had a little debate. Your friends argued that you were the one we needed to revive. And when I disagreed, they staged a little mutiny." Levi explained as Armin grew more shocked.

"It's true. Punish us as you will." Eren said as he and Mikasa both looked down.

"You'll certainly be disciplined for your insubordination. But getting punished isn't the same as making amends." Hange said.

"I know." Eren said as he looked down even more.

"Thing is... I was the one who chose to revive you in the end. Or no... it's more like I chose this to be the place where Erwin died." Levi said as Armin looked down.

"Sorry, I just don't understand. How could letting Erwin die be the right thing to do? What are the scouts without him? If he's gone... how will we go on?" Armin said as his grip tightened on the water bottle.

"You're right Armin. I think it should have been used on Erwin to. To... to be brutally honest... never mind. It's a shame we had to choose in the firsg place. It's over now. Erwin to;d Levi to use the syringe as he saw fit. And Levi chose to use it on you. What's done is done. Erwin's life and the power od a titan both rest on your shoulders. No matter what anyone says, that's the truth. It's part of who you are now. Accept it." Hange said as Armin looked down as his eyes were wide.

"Wait, so does this mean that I need to become... Erwin's replacment? There's no way... I can't." Armin said as his voice shook.

"Don't misunderstandnus. There's no way in hell you could replace Erwin. That said, your self doubt aside, you have a strength within you that no one else can claim. Don't let any of us regret this. Not me, not either one of our mutineers here. Nor anyone else. And especially don't regret it yourself. Consider that your new mission." Levi said as Armin gasped slightly before Sasha interupted us.