Epilogue III

Y/N Pov

Three years since the day known as the 'Battle Of Heaven And Earth'. The number of lives lost is still unfathomable to think about, and those who survived, are still tormented by permanent scars. As the world suffers through this loss, their fears have come true. The Eldia nation formed an army managed by the Yeagerist and led by Akari, they are growing in power day by day. In fear of retaliation from what's left of humanity on the other side of the sea, the island cries out as one. 'If we win, we live. If we lose, we die. We can't win if we don't fight.' Your words echo through us all Eren. The fight will not end even after the titans vanished. Even though you can't see past the point of your death, Eren, you must have hoped for there to be peace for a period of time. Even though this outcome couldn't be a result of your choices, I'm sure this is what you wanted and hoped for. For this period of peace and prosperity. This world is the result of the choices we all made. We must fight. So we won't have to fight anymore. Even if it means to live a living hell devoid of peace. We've been entrusted to decide how to make use of the time we've been graced with in this world without titans.

I was told to wait and greet the return of the 'ambassadors of the world' to our island for peace talks. Since I'm considered the 'prince' I have to be at all peace talks concerning Paradis. But the island and its people still have a disdain for me and Mikasa. Along with most likely the others as well. In those three years, a lot has changed. After me and Mikasa's wedding, which was the last time the others were on the island. Me and Mikasa have been peacefully living on the island while the others were out in what remains of the world, having peace talks and becoming known as the ambassadors of the world. This was the first time they would come back in two years to have peace talks on behalf of the rest of humanity. Armin and Annie were together as well, but the others couldn't seem to find anyone else. I was told Jean was trying to play around but wasn't succeeding at all. I think Connie and Pieck weren't interested in romance just yet and just want to spend time with their families, but Reiner, I don't know what he's up too. The Azumabito, or all of them who were left, including Kiyomi tried to take that debt for when they trained me almost four years ago.

Flashback

Me and Mikasa lived in a small, quaint lake house. It was the place Mikasa wanted, and Historia made sure we got it easily. We were sitting on the couch as Mikasa had her arms wrapped around me, her head snuggled into my chest as I also had my arms wrapped around her while I was reading. 

"Mikasa what time do you want dinner?" I asked as she hummed as a response.

"I don't know. Soon." She said. It was getting late but we usually have dinner later, but I always ask her just in case. Like today, for example. 

"So when do you wanna get up?"

"Never..." Mikasa said groggily. 

"Mi-" I was cut off by the sound of her light snoring as I sighed before looking back at my book to continue reading. I guess 'soon' doesn't mean soon. She must be tired today. I guess we did prepare for winter today, I guess it makes sense. Even with her Ackerman blood, she can still get tired. I just kept reading while Mikasa was soundly asleep. There was suddenly a loud bang on the door as Mikasa and I were startled.

"What was that?" Mikasa asked quietly as we both slowly got up. I grabbed my combat knife that I had hidden inside a drawer while Mikasa went to grab a gun. I slowly peaked through the peephole as my eyes widened.

"Kiyomi?" I said confused as I opened the door, not seeing the two guards hiding away. One guard rushed at me with a fucking sword as I had to block with a knife. But he wasn't that strong.