The New Scouts

Y/N Pov

I got up at about five. Like I always did. I usually got up to work out for two hours until breakfast. When I got up I was walking around in the hallways to try to find a suitable place. As I passed the dining hall I could still hear Hange talking. Eren must be tired. 

I just went outside and did my workout until there was a ton of noise, which I was assuming was everyone else going to breakfast. So I headed there and I was sweaty so mu uniform was soaked. As I sat down with the rest everyone looked at me.

"Y/N what have you been doing?" Petra asked first as she just kept on looking at me.

"Working out. Why?"

"Because you are very sweaty." She replied as she looked away. 

"After breakfast everyone do their assigned jobs, then training starts at eleven. I expect everyone to be there." Levi said as he also sat down. Eren had bags under his eyes and it looked like he didn't get any sleep as him and Hange were still talking when most of us entered.

"Section commander Hange! Come quickly, the test subjects, they've been killed." A random scout said as Hange immediately stood up and ran out of the room.

"Everyone get ready. We're heading out." Levi said as everyone did what he said. Eventually we were riding out horses next to Hange's, going to the test sight. When we got there Hange was screaming and crying like she just lost her family.

"They were such valuable specimens. Is this a soldiers work?" Gunther said as we were all standing next to each other.

"Yeah, they haven't pegged the one responsible yet. They were killed just before dawn apparently, by the time the guards got here, the bastard cleared out on odm gear."

"Whoever it was, they must have had a look out to warn them about the guards."

"Oh dear. Someone's gone star crazy mad haven't they." Oruo said as he was smirking for some reason. Petra then elbowed him hard. 

"This- how did this happen." Eren asked.

"Let it go, this is a matter for the military police." Levi responded as he walked away.

"What is it you think you see? Who do you think the real enemy is here." Erwin said grabbing Eren's shoulders.

"Ignore me. Loaded question." Erwin said as he walked away with Levi.

Time Skip ——- Back at the Castle

We were back at the castle as me and Eren were feeding the horses.

"Hey Eren, Y/N. Do you know anyone who are going to join the scouts?" Gunther asked us as I just kept feeding the horses.

"Yeah there are a couple. Or at least there were. I'm not really so sure now."

"Fall in! Make ready people we're going on patrol." Levi said as he road up on his horse.

"Good morning captain. Reporting for duty." Eren said as he did a salute with me walking next to him, also saluting.

"You will stay in ten meters of me at all time. The only reason you are out of your cell is because I'm keeping an eye on you. Y/N you have been called by Erwin to help with the recruiting of the cadets. Go to the training grounds, they trust you more because they know you."