The Battle For Trost (Part 2)

Y/N Pov

Me and Mikasa were in the area where the rear defense  was stationed as we saw a cart with a ton of supplies holding up the evacuation. No one dared to confront him because he had money and we couldn't under orders from the captain because we were cadets. I was standing on a roof top with Mikasa and some other garrison members as we saw a abnormal titan running at the civilians trying to evacuate but they didn't have enough time before the titan would kill them all.

Multiple garrison members rushed forward not being able catch up to the titan. I then sped forward, faster than any of the other garrison members could using a technique that I only taught Eren, Mikasa, and Armin that I figured out with Mikasa right behind me using the same technique.

The technique was at the beginning when you started you would use more gas to slingshot your self and then keep the speed by doing multiple flips and rolls to keep the speed when turning which is where you usually lose speed and to be more aerodynamic, Mikasa when the second best out of all the people I taught the technique, with her being able to keep up with me.

I looked at Mikasa and signalled her to aim for the nape while I went ahead to first slash the heels to make it lose balance and then cutting the elbows and forearms to make it completely immobile while Mikasa then went and killed it.

We both landed on the corpse of the titan as it fell to the ground in front of the civilians and the guy that owned the cart. 

"What is happening?" I asked as the owner of the cart spoke up.

"Just the right timing! Force these useless morons to push my wagon, I'll pay you handsome!" He yelled at us expecting us to help him.

"Soldiers are dying out there, laying down their lives for you all because this is taking too long." Mikasa said right before I was gonna say it and this made the man angry.

"Yeah that's their job, you expect me to shed a tear because they got to fulfill the duties they signed on for? They're supposed to be willing to lay down their lives. Dom't get all high-handed on me just because you finally got to earn your damn keep after all these years." Right after he said the final word I jumped down with all the people moving out of the way.

"You might be right about that, but they also signed up to fight for humanity and save it. Not for you to have a life in luxury and take away others lives." I said with my blades still out walking towards him.

"Don't you dare. I know people that can get you court-martialed by my word, so stand back!" He yelled as his guards rushed towards me, that's when Mikasa dove in front of me tripping both of the  as I walked past with her walking behind me.

"Make sure no more guards try to attack us." I said to Mikasa as she did that slowly going to a stop and turning around.

"That word gonna come from the grave." I said as I lifted my blade up glaring at him.

"No wait, wait!" 

Right before I struck his head I stopped moving my sword. All the guards were stopped by Mikasa as they were going to try to help him.

"Pull the wagon out." He said as he grit his teeth with me lowering my blade. After he moved the wagon all the civilians got evacuated into the inner walls as I went to Mikasa.

"Nice job convincing him." She said plainly to me.

"It was the only way. You would have done the same."

"I would have." And after she said that there was an awkward silence between us as we watched the civilians evacuate and if any more titans would come.

"You're amazing!" A little girl said to us as we both looked at her.

"Thank you both for saving us. We are in your debt." The mother of the little girl said as me and Mikasa both saluted and walked away it started raining.

"Good work you two. I'm impressed." One of the garrison members said to us.

"We did what we could." I replied

"But I did dull my blades to fast, so I need to be more careful." After I said that I dropped my blades as Mikasa did the same bringing her scarf up to her face as the garrison soldier left, it was just me and her again.

There was another awkward silence between us as Mikasa just looked down at the roof.

"We should go." She said in a quiet voice before speeding off, with me going in the same direction as her to kill titans.

After the civilians were all evacuated we were signaled to regroup on a roof. Both me and Mikasa landed there last with the rest of the rear defense squad.

"That's it, we're done. Scale the wall." The leader said to us.

"I should help the vanguard withdraw sir." Mikasa said quickly before speeding off.

"Mikasa wait!" I yelled as I looked back. "I'll make sure she doesn't die." You said to the leader before quickly following.