We Must Fight

3rd Pov

"The fuel is..." Armin said from the cockpit.

"Yeah. They only managed to fill the tank halfway." Onyankopon responded.

"Will it get us to Fort Salta?" Armin asked.

"I'll make sure we reach the fortress. This flight is our last hope, and Hange died giving it to us. I'll deliver you to that base. I swear it. So make sure you stop the rumbling, no matter what it takes." Onyankopon responded.

"We will. We're in your hands, Onyankopon." Armin said as he walked back into the back part of the flying boat again.

"Now, then... let's hammer out our plan. Pieck, captain Levi, is this roughly the shape of the founding titan?" Armin asked as he drew a drawing of the founder on the floor.

"Yes, though I didn't get a great look at it."

"Basically, it's a humongous bundle of bones that moves like an insect." Levi and Pieck said.

"If it's like a normal titan, Eren would be in the neck near the head."

"Given the war hammer's abilities, that's not guaranteed." Levi and Pieck explained.

"In other words, we don't know which part Eren is in." Armin said bleekly.

"Even if we don't know where he is, we can blast the whole thing away. The same way you annihilated Liberio's port with the colossal titan." Pieck said as Armin nodded.

"That certainly would be the most effective method. But we'll leave that for after we've exhausted our chance to talk. If there's still no other way to stop Eren, that's our last resort." Armin said looking at the rest of us.

"It's great to have a last resort and all, but isn't Eren controlling the founder through Zeke? Won't the rumbling stop if we kill Zeke first?" Levi suggested.

"True. That might work!"

"There's no definite proof, but Hange thought it would." Levi said.

"But if we don't know Zeke's location either..." Pieck added to Levi.

"We'll just have to find that shithead, the beast, in those bones." Levi said as we all sat silently after that.

"I'll take Zeke out. Help me do it." Levi said.

"Captain... of course. We killed many friends and comrades to get this thing in the sky. We can't allow that slaughter to have been for nothing. Everything is to stop the rumbling. I'll do whatever it takes." Jean said supporting captain Levi.

"I shot Samuel and Daz and sliced up other people I knew. I got called a traitor as I did so, all the while telling myself it was to save the world. Tell me, Reiner. IT was agonizing for you, Bertholdt, and Annie too, wasn't it?" Connie said desperately, the guilt flooding his voice.

"I can't even make up for the sins I committed anymore. Even if we save what remains of humanity, I doubt I'll ever forgive myself." Reiner said as he walked up to Connie.

"So... well, let's at least save what remains of humanity."

"You're right, Reiner. Even if we can't make up for it, we still gotta do what we can." Connie said to his comrade.

"That's right. We're the same, Reiner. I never had any right to judge you. I became a murderer to save others." Jean said as Reiner remembered something.

"You know..." The blonde warrior was going to say, as he remembered what Eren told him before the declaration of war.

"On the night of the raid on Liberio, Eren said the same thing to me. I feel like I understand some of what's going on in Eren's head. Could it be Eren wants us to stop him?" The blonde warrior said as the others were shocked.