Crystal Cave

Eren Pov

Historia? What is she doing? I tried to struggle free but the chains wouldn't budge. I can't get out. 

"Oh, you're awake? I'm glad." She said as she looked up at the platform I was on. 

"Just hang on a bit. You'll be okay." She said as I looked down. At least she's alright. Wait, is that Y/N? He's in the same situation I'm in but he isn't awake... When did he get here? Why is he here?

"Eren. My father has always been a humanities ally. His only goal is to keep the people inside the walls safe. It's clear to me now that we misunderstood him. He didn't deny anything. It's true that he went after the scouts. And his people did kill pastor Nick, but he had no choice. Everything he's done has been for the sake of humanity."

"Thank you Historia. Now let me explain the rest." Rod said as he walked up from behind Historia. It's coming back to me. Yeah. The last thing I remember is the two of them. How long has it been? Captain, Armin, what happened to the scouts. What's the deal with all these glowing pillars. They just keep going. I can't even tell if they're day or night. Wait. There's something else about this place, that feels familiar somehow. Have I been here?

"If you're wondering, no, you've never been here. Although you may recognize it nonetheless." Rod said as he walked up to the platform with Historia. What's that supposed to mean. I started trying to move again but it was no use.

"Father could you explain to him?"

"Of course. I intend to. But before that. There's something I would like us to try." Rod said as he brought his and Historia's hand closer to my back. They touched my back and I suddenly was brought to a different scene.

---

(watch this video if you want. It's all the same memories as in the original. Just skip 2 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGRNJuhPlxA)

"Well? Do you remember? Have you learned of your father's sin?" Rod said as I saw everything. All of my dad's... memories...

"What's wrong? Are you alright?" I heard Rod say as I looked back to see Historia stepping back with tears brimming her eyes.

"How could I forget? In all that time? I was never alone... I had her. She was always there for me. She gave me books, taught me to read and write, she was so kind to me. How could I forget about her?" Historia said as she stepped back again. 

"I take it you're talking about Frieda. If it was a kindhearted young woman with long black hair, then I would imagine it was Frieda Reiss. She was... your half sister. She must have gotten worried and checked up on you from time to time. If she was erasing your memories, know that she did it to protect you." 

"That's why I forgot about her..."

"That's right. And touching him seemed to bring those memories back to you. An expected side effect." 

"Father, where is she? Do you think we could visit her some time? I would like to tell her thank you. If she hadn't been there for me, I would have had no one. I have to thank her." Historia said with hope filling her voice. That girl Rod described. She fit the description of the girl my dad ate to get the founder...

"Frieda is no longer like this... world." Rod said with his voice still calm and collected while Historia gasped loudly, obviously in shock.