Midnight Train

Y/N Pov

After I made the deal with Ymir, I informed Eren as I headed back to the barracks for the warriors. We finished our discussion and I am still against the idea of attacking Liberio. The civilian population is too high, even if they're the enemy. I learned of the true bloodshed and cruelty that comes from war. I don't think Eren truly has. Not when you see a sane person, a person you look up to go insane and go on a rampage, that you truly learn that this world is cruel. I know Eren, and the rest of the scouts went through hell. I was there. But after fighting in this war and seeing true cruelty, from a person to another person, have I truly learned about this shit world. It's not the people in the world. That are the problem. It's the world itself. Giving all these people these situations that make them into who they are. The world is what changes people. Yeah, some are already evil from the inside. But they've only made more evil, and given more opportunities to act upon it, without consequences. It's like the story of Adam and Eve. Eve wasn't evil, but the serpent corrupted her. The evil of the world corrupted her. A fallen angel. A devil. 

Time Skip ----- Midnight

We all boarded the train back to Liberio. Every surviving Eldian was loaded into a train. It was very cramped, except for an area for the warriors, which had more space.

"Who else saw it? How many of you witnessed the courage of our Eldian goddess here? She took on an armored train, that she did alone in the place of eight hundred soldiers." Colt's muffled voice could be heard through the steel walls. He was far beyond drunk.

"Come on you big dummy, tell them why you did it." Colt said again as I sighed. Pieck and Porco were just relaxing in the room, while Zeke and Reiner were with the Marleyan officers and officials as well as the commander near the front. 

"Let me go make sure the kids don't get drunk and killed." I said as Pieck chuckled at what I said. I slid open the door as I walked into the other department of the train. All the surviving Eldian soldiers were staring at Colt and the warrior candidates as Colt presented Gabi to them all. 

"Comrades, do you have any idea why this idiot risked her life to destroy that train? Alright I'll say it then. She did it for all of you! To save your sorry Eldian asses from the enemies bullets!" Colt yelled as I sighed. All the warrior candidates looked uncomfortable. 

"Ah, and if it isn't the demon of Eldia! I heard what the enemy calls you! You destroyed them!" Colt yelled as he saw me, he was going to grab my wrist but I quickly moved my hand away.

"Don't touch me Colt. Your breath stinks and I bet your hands are dirty as hell." I said as Colt was too drunk to even notice what I said. Colt then picked up Gabi and put her on his shoulders as they all started chanting her name, only adding to her already huge ego. 

"Gabi! Gabi! Gabi! Gabi!" 

"I'm the best! I'm the best! I'm the best!" Gabi's voice could barely be heard over the chanting as I grabbed the other kids.

"Wanna get outta here?" I asked as they all nodded at the same time. They all followed me into the back where Pieck and Porco were. Reiner was also there. He must have gotten there when I wasn't paying attention. 

"Not the first time I've seen her up there." Reiner said as we walked in.

"I really wished they'd stop letting my brother drink. And Gabi gets carried away too easily." Falco said as the loud chanting could be heard. How come the higher ups haven't shut them up?