Chapter 76

In the small bookstore, Tang Xi looked at Chi Ning who was sitting behind the table in a daze, exchanged glances with Lin Ke, and couldn't help sighing.

During this time, Chi Ning would come over after school, and Lin Ke would follow him when he was free.

But most of the time, Chi Ning was distracted, and the two of them watched from the sidelines.

"What should I do?"

"What can I do? All the information on Beihuang has been blocked, and it's normal for him to worry about the general."

Tang Xi sorted out his new book, "He'll be fine in a while, but he's also been like this at school recently. ?"

Lin Ke nodded, and glanced at Chi Ning.

It's only been a week since the fleet set off to the Northern Wilderness, and Chi Ning lost his initial energy.

I didn't miss a single class in class every day, and I handed in group work and individual homework on time, but I was like a walking dead every day, and I didn't even like reading books.

But I really like to study mechs, and I went to the school library to find a lot of materials.

"Don't worry about him, if he is defeated so easily, then it's not Chi Ning." Tang Xi knew Chi Ning, if he became decadent because Chu Shaochen was not at home for a month or two, then it wasn't Chi Ning.

After Tang Xi finished fiddling with her books, she looked up at Lin Ke, "Help me, I'm too busy to put these books on the shelf by myself."

Lin Ke returned to his senses, and helped move the books.

"Oh."

Chi Ning sighed, lying on the table, listless.

The method of improving the mecha that he finally came up with has been proposed a long time ago, and all of them have been used in practice.

And the person who proposed this method was none other than his Alpha, the youngest general in the Federation, Chu Shaochen.

Really, even this kind of thing is a step late, is it true that Chu Shaochen split earlier, so he has the upper hand?

Chi Ning changed his posture and continued to lie on his stomach, thinking about whether there were other new improvement plans.

Chu Shaochen is going to the Northern Wilderness Battlefield, so he has no time to think about it.

Thinking of this, he quickly cheered up, stuffed the book into the bag, and walked out with the bag, "Xiaoxi, Lin Ke, I'll go first, see you next time." "Hey! Where are you going? It's all this

time , it's getting dark, aren't you going home?"

Tang Xi poked his head out to stop Chi Ning, who knew that Chi Ning was running fast, "Where are you going? Don't run around." He

had already walked outside the door Chi Ning held the door and waved his hand, "Got it, don't worry, I'll go home."

Lin Ke looked blank, "Why does he look like a chicken blood again? Could it be the general? Have you sent him a message over there?"

"How is it possible, if yes, he definitely didn't react like this." Tang Xi shook his head, "Forget it, forget it, someone will follow him, and he won't get lost."

Chu Shaochen asked After leaving for such a long time, someone will definitely be arranged to protect Chi Ning, so they don't need to worry.

As soon as Chi Ning left the store, he got into the car on the side of the road and asked the driver to take him to District 12.

He wanted to go to Old Man Yan to see if he had any new ideas. Anyway, Chu Shaochen wasn't here, so he pretended to try the new mecha, and it would be fine.

The ancients said that truth is often obtained through practice.

He is now in the process of practicing, maybe let him research something, improve the mecha, and directly rewrite the development direction of the future mecha.

The chances are slim, but with old man Yan around, it might be possible.

The drive from District 7 to District 12 is not long, about twenty minutes.

After Chi Ning got out of the car, he asked the driver to go back first, or find a place to rest. Without waiting for him, he went into the street with his bag on his back.

Thanks to the previous cleanups, although District 12 is no longer as lively as before, the law and order has improved a lot.

Walking along the alley to the end, Chi Ning found that Old Man Yan's door was closed, and he froze in place not knowing where to go.

Why is it closed?

He came several times and never saw the door close.

Raising his hand and scratching his head, Chi Ning looked embarrassed, he didn't have old man Yan's contact information, and there wasn't any in this store either.

People who knew old man Yan were all in the Northern Wilderness Battlefield, so he couldn't ask others for their contact information.

Old man Yan's home is behind the store, and the fact that the door is closed now means that no one is there.

Did something go out?

Chi Ning wasn't sure what the reason was, but since it was still early, he didn't want to make a wasteful trip, so he simply turned into the alley next to him and climbed up the stairs.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with going back, why not wait here, maybe I will come back later.

When I came with Chu Shaochen last time, he also had the key here, so he could enter.

The room was still empty, all the furniture had been covered and covered with a layer of dust.

Chi Ning turned on the light, glanced at the furniture that was no different from before, quickly moved out a chair to the balcony, wiped it clean and just sat there, staring at the shop downstairs.

He took out a book from his schoolbag and only turned two pages when Chi Ning suddenly raised his head, put the book away in a hurry, and went back to the living room.

Why does he feel that something is wrong, it seems different last time.

Chi Ning walked through the living room and walked to the bedroom, and found that the door of the bedroom was not open, but closed tightly, as if

someone was there.

He remembered that the last time he came, the doors of several bedrooms were closed.

Only the balcony door and gate are closed to prevent anyone from entering.

Before Chu Shaochen went to Beihuang, the two of them never came here again, either Chu Shaochen came here alone, or a third person came here.

But based on his understanding, Chu Shaochen would not come.

Chi Ning swallowed unconsciously, walked to the door of the room, slowly stretched out his hand, and held the doorknob hesitantly.

For some reason, he always felt that something might happen after he opened the door.

Push down hard with your hand, even if you don't have much strength, you can definitely open an ordinary door.

Hearing the sound of the door lock twisting, Chi Ning unconsciously tensed up, and even couldn't help holding his breath, feeling a little bit regretful.

Shouldn't he be so curious, after all, curiosity will kill the cat.

What the mind thinks is one thing, what the hands do is another.

The moment the door opened, Chi Ning froze in place, completely forgetting to run, so that when he was knocked out, there was no room for him to dodge.

"I'm sorry, you came to the door yourself."

Before fainting, he heard someone say that.

The voice is very familiar.

It's Chu Yan.

——In

the first week of the Battle of the Northern Wilderness, almost all of them were testing the opponent's strength, and neither side showed their hole cards.

Chu Shaochen was not in a hurry. Judging from the current situation, the situation was under his control, and they had the advantage.

On the other hand, the Lake gang has been entrenched in the Northern Wilderness for many years, but they haven't made much achievements, and they can't even achieve self-sufficiency in supplies.

Judging from the previous situation, this is just Lake's base for concealment.

The previous CM3 area was destroyed by his team because of the Cumulus No. 1 incident. Although he was injured, the effect was good. At least the Lake forces in that area were uprooted.

That was a good one.

The next half month is the key point, he must ensure that the Lake gang is wiped out in the Northern Wilderness, and no one will slip through the net.

At three o'clock in the middle of the night, less than half an hour after he closed his eyes and rested, someone came in.

It's not an emergency, Jos and Kaxiu won't come to him casually at this time.

The first time he heard the voice, Chu Shaochen opened his eyes, looked at the person who came in, and frowned when he saw that it was Kaxiu.

"What happened in the capital?"

"Yes—"

Kaxiu looked at Chu Shaochen and lowered his head, "Master Chi Ning is missing. According to the news just passed, the place of disappearance should be an old house in District 12."

After the sound landed, the cabin became very quiet, only the sound of the machine running could be heard.

Kaxiu was almost overwhelmed by the low pressure gradually spreading around him, especially Chu Shaochen's pheromone, which suddenly became strong.

This kind of situation is rare in the past, it should be said that it is extremely rare.

Only when fighting, Chu Shaochen would use pheromones to oppress the enemy and form an advantage.

"It's our people who neglected their duties and didn't take this into consideration—" "

Who took them away."

Chu Shaochen interrupted Kaxiu, with suppressed anger in his tone, "Is Lao Yan here?" "

Not here, that day The shop is closed." Kaxiu continued: "No one is around, and I didn't see him until the news came."

Chu Shaochen didn't close his eyes for almost twenty-four hours, and he was stuck in the chair. With lowered eyes, no emotion can be seen on the face, but the whole person is full of displeasure.

Ka Xiu stood there, and then reported all the information truthfully.

Chi Ning's disappearance was their responsibility. Although they soon discovered something was wrong, they were still a step late and let the other party take Chi Ning away.

"The bedroom in the old house has been remodeled. It should be used as a place to store something. Chi Ning was taken away there. It was about fifteen minutes before we found out." "Got it." Chu Shaochen was silent for

a

while Only then did he speak, "Check nearby, keep a close eye on Lao Yan, don't disturb him, as for—" "

Admiral is suspicious?"

"Not necessarily, maybe I'm overthinking."

Chi Ning has the locator he gave him. If there is danger, he will know it immediately, but there is no one at present, which means that Chi Ning is still safe, but his whereabouts are unknown.

The other party didn't want Chi Ning's life, so maybe they wanted to use Chi Ning to negotiate terms with him.

Chu Shaochen narrowed his eyes slightly, staring at the console in front of him. The topographic map of the Northern Wilderness showed their military deployment points, and he could see the situation at each location at a glance.

It's a good idea to use Chi Ning to negotiate terms with him, but I don't know if there is such a deal.

"You can go out."

Chu Shaochen reminded in a cold tone, "After the matter in Beihuang is over, go and receive the punishment yourself."

Kaxiu paused, nodded and agreed: "I know."

Hearing the sound of Kaxiu leaving , Chu Shaochen pinched the center of his brows, clasped his hands on his lap, and stared at the dark night outside.

Unexpectedly, he would see Chi Ning again so soon.

I hope that what happened to Lao Yan is not what he thought, and the person who took Chi Ning away will not be the person he thought, otherwise it will be troublesome.

As expected of Lake, he thought of such a difficult problem of the century to make a choice for him.

Unfortunately, his choice has never been clear.

There is only one, which never changes.