Journey at Sea

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

For Part 1 head to lazarus898 page. https://www.wattpad.com/user/lazarus898

Yami sat on one side of the deck looking at the scenery of the sun rising. He got flashes of watching the sunrise and sunset with his mother but Yami didn't let it affect him much. For the next few minutes, all the cargo was boarded onto the ship and even the people working split with half coming onto the ship and the rest leaving.

A longhorn blared from the ship indicating that the ship is leaving the dock. The ship started moving and Yami saw the attendant waving his hand as he shouted "MEET ME WHEN YOU COME BACK YUTA" Yami didn't reply and just waved his hand.

"Hey kid, are you done with that so I can give you some work?" a voice came behind Yami. The bald man intended to startle Yami a bit by appearing behind him but Yami could hear him coming.

Yami just turned back and said "What do you need me to do?"

The bald man was impressed by Yami's calm attitude and said "Yuta for now everything is clean and there is nothing to worry about but after everyone has lunch on the deck, you will help the others clean it. For now, if anyone needs any small thing done or needs an extra pair of hands then they'll call you. Here, this is the 2500 Ryo as promised" the bald man handed the money over to Yami and explained what he needs to do.

There was a door on the deck that led to other rooms inside the ship. The door was guarded with 2 genin-level shinobis and Yami sensed stronger shinobis inside. The only ones going through that door were the shinobis. Yami had completely hidden any leakage of chakra from his body due to this the only way to know that he is a shinobi would be to see him through a Byakugan.

Yami was a little worried about this as the only Byakugan in the hidden mist belonged to AO, who was one of Mei Terumi's trusted men. Yami had decided to let her become the Mizukage and make her feel that it would be impossible without the help from the hidden leaf.

The 7-day headstart that Yami had asked Tsunade was about to finish in 4 days. After that Yami would have to meet them and devise a plan to carry out the mission.

After sitting on the deck for a few hours, Yami heard movement coming from the rooms. He looked towards the guarded door and the next second the door opened. At first 2 chunin-level, shinobis walked out and looked around to see if everything is alright. They weren't able to sense Yami's gaze so Yami didn't have much expectations of strength from then. After the two teenagers came out and started gawking at the open sky. Both of them had auburn hair and had a crest showing a burning red jasmine flower. Yami recognized this to be the family crest for the Terumi clan.

"Brother Toru didn't I tell you it won't rain today?" the girl who Yami assumed to be 18 years old Nana said.

The boy clicked his tongue and said "So what? When we reach closer to the hidden mist, there will be heavy rain." this kid was 19-year-old Toru. Yami realized that even though they were shinobis and were 18 and 19 years old. They were quite immature. They hadn't gone through any life-changing fights which would make them grow.

'They have been grown in a greenhouse kinda environment.' Yami thought and then he saw 4 people step out. 2 of them had auburn hair and the jasmine of fire crest of their clothes which meant that they were Santo and Kana. Kana looked a lot similar to Mei as Yami remembered her from the anime. Kana looked beautiful but she was mature as well. Both of them had swords tied to their side. As for Santo he definitely had the eyes of someone who has killed people. He had rough hands which indicated that he trained a lot. Not much when compared to Lee but Santo seemed like a hardworking person.

Yami was impressed with the strength of the 4 siblings and they were definitely enough to protect the village in the Land of forests. There were two more people with them. These people had black hair like the others and they both wore blue clothes and the shinobi headscarf of the hidden mist. One of them was in his 40s while the other was the same age as Kana. Yami guessed these two must be kind of protectors send by the hidden mist to teach or take care of the siblings.

Yami looked away as he didn't want to risk anyone noticing his gaze. He was sure that the middle-aged man would sense his gaze if Yami didn't try to hide it intentionally. All in all, Yami assesed the situation and concluded that if need be he can kill everyone on the ship and safely leave this place. None of the people here could pose any challenge unless one of the Terumi siblings is able to use boil-release Kekkai Genkai.

"Santo what are you thinking about?" Kana asked Santo who had a solemn expression on his face. Santo turned to Kana and the other siblings as he said "I am not sure if we are strong enough to help Sister Mei in this fight."

Toru quickly came forward and said in a haughty tone "Big Brother you are underestimating us too much. Didn't you see how I defeated the bandit group last week?"

Santo smiled and looked at the man who was the same age as Kana and asked "Denki do you think Toru is strong enough to fight shinobis of his age at the village? You have personally taught him for the past couple of years."

Denki nodded and said "Young master Toru might not be the strongest among his age bracket but he definitely is one of the stronger ones."

Kana raised her eyebrows and said in a teasing tone "This is the first time someone has called you strong Toru." she and Nana giggled after that which made Toru's face go red in anger and embarrassment.

"Stop teasing him you two. Let's go and enjoy the breeze." Santo said and the middle-aged man beside him nodded and walked toward the railing to look at the scenery.

Yami looked away from the Terumi siblings and turned toward the sea as he sighed and said "Looks like the journey to the Hidden mist isn't going to be as peaceful as I wanted.