Katsuyu's Visit

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Katsuyu?" Yami asked but Bora had already left. Yami followed him until he reached the familiar hall where he had been reverse-summoned the first time. There he saw a mid-size clone of Katsuyu standing by the side.

"See I told you he is alright. You have been worrying for no reason." The big bat said making Katsuyu nod and crawl toward Yami. In the anime, Yami had seen Katsuyu but she was either small as a palm-sized snail or extremely big but this mid-size one was his first time.

"Yami do you know me?" Katsuyu asked in a pleasant and calm voice to which Yami nodded and said "Yes you are Lady Tsunade's summon Katsuyu."

"That's right...Tsunade sama got your letter back then but she was worried since you haven't sent a letter after that, not to Kakashi or your brother. Would it be alright if I check your body? I need to make sure that you are healed properly."

Yami nodded and a few small snails appeared on the skin of Katsusyu and started to crawl on Yami. Yami felt it a little gross but he didn't react to it. After a few seconds, the snails went back inside Katsuyu and she said "Hmm...your body is unusually healthy. The only thing I feel is two different sources of energy dormant in you. One is on your shoulder which I guess is the curse seal given by Orochimaru. Kakashi informed me and Lady Tsunade about it. I don't understand the 2nd one."

A frown appeared on Yami's face as he asked "The second source that you speak of...where is it and what do you feel?"

Katsuyu looked at Yami's hand for a few seconds and said "It is on your arm near the wrist. For the curse seal, I feel ominous energy and also see its connection with Orochimaru but regarding the other one, it feels like nothing. Like something totally empty and dark. But since it's dormant I don't think you have anything to worry about. But Yami why are you bald and without eyebrows? And as far as Lady Tsunade told me you were 10 years old last year then why do you look like a 14-year-old?"

"The kid has fast growth. Even last year when he came here, he looked like a 12-year-old. As per that it is normal for him to grow up this much. And his hair got burnt badly while doing a new jutsus we were teaching him so I had him remove it totally." Bora said.

Katsuyu wasn't the doubting kind so she said "Alright...I am glad that you are okay Yami. Lady Tsunade has said that you can take a break from missions for a year more. That's the amount of time Naruto and your elder brother Sasuke have been given."

"Sasuke has left for training?" Yami asked. As this was completely different from the anime, Yami was worried that some kind of mess would be created but he knew that things were out of his hand.

Katsuyu nodded and said "Yes, after getting your letter and the news of Itachi's death had him do missions like crazy for a month or two but suddenly he and Kakashi came to Lady Tsunade and asked for a leave for a 2-year leave for training. Seeing the situation, Milady decided to grant them leave as Naruto had also gone for training and Sakura is training with Milady.

"I understand...I have decided to train here for a while as well. I will return a year later as well." Yami said. He didn't want to ask many questions to Katsuyu as he knew that Katsuyu would tell Tsunade everything.

"How is Lord 3rd?" Yami asked. He had almost forgotten that Hiruzen was still alive.

"His health hasn't shown much improvement. He can't walk or even move his body. He can listen to us and even understand it but the only way to communicate is by blinking. My clone checks his condition a few times every week. Asuma doesn't want to use any kind of experimental procedure on him that could risk his father's life."

"That is unfortunate but I am sure Lady Tsunade is doing everything in their power to heal him." Yami said to which Katsuyu nodded and said "yes She is...I will take my leave now. I have been waiting for a long time now...I should go back and give Lady Tsunade the news of your well-being. Your sword and other belongings were handed to Sasuke. If you need them for training then you can go to your house to take them."

Katsuyu then glanced at Bora and left crawling through the cave entrance. Yami looked at the big bat and said "I didn't know summons and go to another summons plane."

Bora stepped forward and said "Normally something like this is frowned upon but Katsuyu is known to be the noblest of all summons due to her being so pure and adept in healing which is why she was allowed to enter. If this was someone from the Ryuchi cave then we would have skinned them alive. They are the worst."

"I didn't expect the curse seal to remain even after full body reconstruction. But it is good that it's become dormant. To make it of any use, Orochimaru will have to bite you again physically." The big bat said.

Yami cracked his neck and said "If he ever comes close enough to bite me again then I will make sure to kill him."

"So what are you planning on doing now? Bora did tell me that you wanted to learn his stealth skill." the big bat asked.

"Why do you all call it a skill and not a jutsu?" Yami asked.

"A jutsu is something you perform by combing your chakra with the appropriate hand signs but skill is something you imbue in yourself. We summons are more adept in moving chakra than shinobis so anything we perform without the entire process, we call it skill."

"I do want to learn the stealth skill but more importantly I want to work on my swordsmanship and also practice Sage mode." Yami said which immediately made the big bat look at Bora.

Bora quickly stepped back and said "I didn't tell him anything about Sage mode."

"What's wrong with learning sage mode?" Yami asked to which the big bat said "You are only 11 years old...you are too young and inexperienced to do it. If you do one misstep then you will end up in an irreversible state."

Yami knew that when Naruto was learning Sage mode, the old toads who taught him did warn him that taking in too much nature chakra will turn him into a stone frog. But Yami decided to act innocent about this fact and question the big bat

"What do you mean by that?" Yami asked to which the big bat looked at Bora who gulped his saliva and said "Taking in too much nature energy will cause you to turn into a bloodsucker. You will lose all sense of reason and logic and just act on instinct based following the smell of blood. It is an irreversible state once it happens."

Yami quickly realized how serious it was. He looked at the big bat for confirmation of this fact and he nodded as he said "Bora is right and if that happens then I won't be letting you leave this cave with a head on your shoulder. In fact, your head will be put on a nearby wall as an example for our future summoners."

'This is slightly worse than a stone frog but these two aren't outright denying to teach me sage mode which means that they must have a way to keep me from turning into a bloodsucker like the whip the old toad had to remove all the nature chakra from a person's body.' Yami thought.

"I still think I am ready to learn it. I wouldn't be in such a bad state a year ago if I had known sage mode. Lady Tsunade told us that the monster is weak to sage chakra and its skills." Yami said.

"For now go and take a rest. For the next week, you should get used that this new body of yours. After that, we will talk about it." The old bat said and Yami left the cave. Bora guided Yami to a withered garden and said "You rest here...I have some things to sort out...till then get yourself cleaned up at the waterfall nearby."

Bora didn't wait for Yami to even answer and flew away. He didn't go anywhere else but to the main cave where the big bat was sitting.

"Any specific reason for sending me a sonar message to meet you alone after leaving escorting Yami?" Bora asked as he looked at the big bat.

The big bat narrowed his eyes and said "When Katsuyu talked about the 2nd dormant energy in Yami, he didn't act surprised but relieved."

"I noticed that." Bora said as he looked up at the big bat with wide eyes.