No-Stops

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Seeing the bodies being looted and thrown away into the sea, Yami thought 'Why waste such a good resource? You could have given it to me.'

There were 2 jonin bodies among them but Yami knew he wouldn't be able to steal the body in any way so he just started doing work with the other helpers. Their job was to basically dip the weapons obtained by the shinobis from the enemies in water, clean them properly and store them in a crate.

'This old man took so many decisions so swiftly. He must have been someone who has seen his fair share of combat when he was in the hidden mist. Later he must have become the nanny of the Terumi kids.' Yami thought.

The captain of the ship came out and approached the Terumi kids and their protectors. "Mr.Santo we will reach the next island in 5 hours but the fuel and supplies we gained from those 5 ships are more than enough for us to travel without stopping."

Santo nodded and said "We don't know if there is anyone that is waiting on that island for us. It would be risky to stop there. What do you think Uncle Wu?"

Wu nodded and said "Yes this could even prove as an advantage for us. If we don't stop on that island, they could assume that we have died. By the time they realize that Kurai and the others haven't come back, we would already have reached the hidden mist."

"I didn't think it that way. Looks like I haven't learned everything from you yet Uncle Wu." Santo said with a smile.

"Haha...you will soon. Even I have a lot to learn." Wu said as he looked at the destroyed ships. The next hour went into cleaning up everything and taking care of the injuries. Kurai and the leader of the shinobis were put in the basement. The ones who were kept in the Terumi ship were let out. Everyone was happy that they didn't suffer any casualties. The helpers and the bald man didn't see much so they didn't know much about the illusion. They just told everyone that it was the Terumi siblings and the protectors who defeats the ambush of 200 enemies. There was no celebration as they had to now take a direct route to the hidden mist and everyone got busy in their work. Luckily the baldy didn't give Yami anything to do.

Inside the ship, in a big room, all the Terumi siblings along with Wu and Enko sat around a table. "Big brother, why don't we all celebrate our victory? After I reach the village, I will tell mom and dad about today." Toru said in a proud tone.

Kana looked at him and said "You will do no such thing Toru and anyways I don't think you faced a single opponent." she spoke in a scolding tone. She didn't want her little brother to go bragging away.

Santo also interjected in between and said "Toru this wasn't our victory." Toru and Nana understood what Santo meant. They were losing and suddenly all their opponents started killing themselves and each other.

"Enko and Uncle Wu, what do you think?" Kana asked.

Enko just shrugged while Uncle Wu said "As far as I can tell it was an illusion of sorts. I have never heard of a genjutsu that works this way. I think we will know more when we ask Kurai and the other one. I have sent someone to bring them here when they come back to their senses."

Just then someone knocked on the door and a voice was heard "Protector Wu we have brought one of the prisoners. He seemed to have calmed down." Wu signaled Enko and he got up and opened the door letting the shinobis drag Kurai in. Kurai's eyes looked void of any emotion as if he had lost all hope.

"What about the other one?" Enko asked to which one of the shinobis replied "Protector Enko, the other one seems to have lost all reason. He screams red monster a few times and then just keeps mumbling kill me. This one has been quiet since he has been given food and water so I brought him here."

"Alright, you two can leave now. Stand guard outside." Santo said to which the two nodded and left the room.

Wu picked up his chair and placed it in front of Kurai. He looked at the person who once used to be his friend and asked "What happened?"

Kurai looked up at Wu and said "I lost. Hehe...Wu do you remember what I used to tell you when we were genins."

Wu nodded and said "In front of overwhelming power, technique and reason are useless. But what does it have to do with what happened today?"

Kurai gave a dry laugh and said "Today I was faced in front of overwhelming power and all my techniques, swordplay and jutsus were useless. Haha...I never thought I would fight against an opponent of a Kage level."

Everyone's eyes widened as they heard that. Santo and Kana quickly stood up as they heard the word, Kage. They couldn't even imagine reaching that level and now Kurai was claiming that someone with Kage level strength defeated him.

"What are you even saying Kurai? Have you truly lost your mind? Who were these people that put you and the others into an illusion?" Wu said in a little angry tone. For him what Kurai was saying was unbelievable.

"People? Wu, you are mistaken. It was only one man who put us all in that illusion together. While I was fighting you, I didn't have much visibility on your ship so I couldn't see much and I didn't need to as you were the only one capable of defeating me or so I thought. Then I saw a pair of red eyes through the mist and I felt my heart gripped by something and my body turned cold for a second or two. The next thing I know I am in the middle of nowhere with skeleton hands pulling me down and worms crawling through my skin. I had lost all sense of reason as I was trying to pluck out those worms." Wu said all that in a single breath and started breathing heavily.