Left to Fate

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Yami then looked around and saw that there was no one left in the room. As he had killed the mist shinobi who had spread the thick mist in the room, the room was clear now. Yami saw a few papers spread out on the table nearby. He approached them and saw there were many reports which included the movements of the mist shinobis and the stone shinobis. Yami then took all the reports as he didn't have the luxury of time to go through them thoroughly.

'I will go through these reports in my room. For now, let's not waste these corpses.' Yami said as he pulled out his sword. He cut the heads of the corpses and devoured the corpses The heads were neatly placed on the table. He also devoured the souls of the shinobis just like he had done for the 2 elders. After devouring them, he used his enhanced senses to understand what was happening outside.

While he was fighting the 4 shinobis in this room, the explosions outside had stopped. Yami understood that the 4 people he had put in genjutsu must have been killed or captured for this to happen. With his enhanced senses he heard some shouting outside.

"Why did you do this?"

"Who gave you the order?"

Yami also heard footsteps of many other shinobis at the back side of the base. Yami went through a few empty rooms and eventually opened a door where he was greeted with 10-15 shinobis from the stone and the mist surrounding 2 people. Yami tilted his head to the side and saw that the 2 people were among the 4 that he had put in a genjutsu.

'These idiots didn't even know that these two are in a genjutsu. People really have no idea. dangerous it can be.' Yami thought while everyone in the room turned around to see who just opened the door.

"Who are you?" the guy closest to the two tied guards asked. Some of the shinobis standing around him quickly pulled out their weapons seeing a man with red eyes and the rest of his face hidden with a black cloth.

"You must be here to save him..." the guy sneered as he looked at Yami. The guy wore a stone shinobi headband and had two short swords on his back.

"Catch him, you idiots." The man shouted and the shinobis around him quickly rushed at Yami. As they reached Yami's location and were about to stab him, Yami dispersed into multiple bats and spread around the room.

"What the hell? " the man looked around at the bats flying. He took out his short swords to kill every bat but all the bats that had surrounded the shinobis opened their mouths and blasted sound waves at the shinobis. The guy wanted to plug his ears but he suddenly started coughing blood. He looked around and saw his allies were doing the same thing.

"A sound attack?" the guy muttered as he felt the soundwaves impact the insides of his body and make them vibrate enough that there was internal bleeding.

'Wouldn't that kill the guy he came to save?' The man thought as he was already on his knees with both his fingers in his ears. He looked at the two tied guards and saw that they had already died because they couldn't even cover their ears. All they could do was scream for a few seconds and try to untie their hands by biting the rope. But that didn't go their way so they died a gruesome death.

'He wasn't here to save them but to kill us.' The guy realized as he saw the people around him who were struggling a few seconds ago had already died now. The sound attack of the bats also stopped the very moment and the bats flew to the center of the room in front of the last stone shinobi who was alive. The bats merged into each other and Yami was formed. He looked down at the kneeling shinobi who could only look at him with eyes filled with despair.

"W-who are you?" the guy asked.

Yami smirked and said "You managed to survive the sound attack so you must be strong." Yami knew that even though he said that, the man's internal organs were a mess and his chakra network was completely tangled with each other. Only a medical shinobi at the level of Tsunade could make him healthy enough to wield chakra again.

Without answering the man's question, Yami started to leave. There was nothing more in the room.

"CoughW-why aren't y-you killing me?" the man asked as he coughed blood again.

Yami turned back and said "I leave you to fate. If you die, you are free and if you live, hehe that's where hell begins for you."

The man didn't even have the strength to say anything else so he collapsed to the ground. The people in this room were pretty weak so Yami only devoured their souls. Yami was about to leave the room as all of the people in the base were killed but he felt something in his chest. At first, he thought it was his chakra core that was acting up but it wasn't thatit was something in his heart.

'I don't know what this is but it is definitely something about the souls I devoured. I better get out of here as I don't know how much time it will take and what effects it will have. And I am sure someone must have gone to another base to ask for help' Yami thought as he transformed into a stone shinobi and ran out of the room. He saw a few more empty rooms but nothing of interest. As he came out in the open, he saw a few more corpses lying on the ground. The shinobis had burn marks on them which brought him to the conclusion that these people died because of the explosions caused by the guards.

Yami used his enhanced senses again but except for the two he left alive, there was no one left. Getting backup from the nearest base would take approximately 40-50 minutes and right now only 20 minutes had passed. Seeing that there is nothing else to do, Yami left the base through the thick jungle.

After getting at a safe distance, Yami got himself a little cleaned up and ate some of the food he had stored for emergencies. Yami then brought out 2 of his bats and instructed one of them to contact Zabuza and bring him to Yami while the other bat was ordered to keep an eye on the surroundings.

After 15 minutes, Yami heard someone running through the forests heading toward him. Yami packed up his things and waited for the man to come. Within a few seconds, a man wearing civilian clothes landed in front of him.

Yami sized the man with a smile and said "You look totally different Zabuza."

Zabuza didn't seem to care what Yami said and quickly asked in anger "Where is Haku? I escaped that day as you told me but I can't find him. He didn't meet me at our usual spot as well."

Yami waved his hand and said "Don't worry...He is in the Mizukage faction's prison."

"Oh...wait WHAT??? How did you let that happen? What if they torture him?" Zabuza bombarded Yami with questions which made Yami activate his Sharingan and say "Shut up...stop yapping or I'll burn your lips together."

Zabuza quickly stopped talking seeing such a side of Yami. It reminded me of when he first met Yami.

'I thought after training so much I had become stronger but the fear I feel standing in front of him is even more than that day. It was a good decision to get on this monster's good side.' Zabuza thought. He decided to ask Yami only one question as to how Haku is but Yami didn't give him the chance and answered it.

"Don't worry about him. He is transformed into me and is kept as a bargaining chip...They won't even interrogate him...forget about hurting him." Yami said. This made Zabuza sigh in relief. For the past few days, he had been trying to find Haku's whereabouts and he knew the only way to do that is to find Yami. But the house Yami was staying at was burned down and no one knew anything.

"Why did you call me here for? Something happened in the Mizukage faction. Everyone is running here and there...looks like the bloodline clans made a preemptive strike." Zabuza said.

Yami shook his head and said "It wasn't them but me. I infiltrated one of their bases and killed most of the shinobis there. There were stone as well as mist shinobis."

"What did that accomplish? And what do you mean by most of them? Don't tell me someone escaped from your claws." Zabuza asked. He didn't let the opportunity to tease Yami go.

"No...I left them alive after killing everyone around them."Yami said as he leaned on a tree nearby.

"But wouldn't they be interrogated by the shinobis of the Mizukage faction and hidden stone village? They will know that it wasn't the bloodline clans that attacked them and it was a single man who did it.