Unending Enemies

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

As Yoshiro gave the order, everyone clenched their fists and looked at the enemies with anger burning in their eyes. They all had suffered at the hands of the Mizukage faction one way or the other. Without caring for their lives, they started running toward the army in front of them.

The clan leaders were also not stopping and rushing fearlessly ahead. They were ready to lay their lives on this war but Yami and Kakashi could see the current situation. Since they were on the extreme left at the frontlines, they were rushing a little slower than the others.

"Yami they seem to be way more in quantity as compared to the bloodline clan's army. And I don't see Moji, Jiro, or Priest Ji anywhere. The blood squad and the mist and stone shinobis with tattoos are the only ones at the forefront of their army."

Yami nodded and said "Yeah I noticed...those three must be at the back lines trying to wait for the clan leaders to wear themselves out. I have a bat keeping an eye on the monster...I have told him to give me the signal the moment the monster lands on the island and Priest Ji moves to make contact with it."

"We already are facing such a big army, do you think the clan leaders have enough strength to even go face to face with the monster?" Kakashi said. Yami looked at him with a confused expression and asked "Are you implying something Kakashi? I don't think we need to do more than this to prove our alliance with the hidden leaf."

"But what use will it be if the bloodline clans lose? I am just saying that even if they aren't our villagers, we can't let them die if there is a chance to save them. I don't usually take decisions based on emotions and I know you never do but is there a chance you could take off some load?"

Yami didn't say anything for a few seconds and kept staring at the army heading toward them. Kakashi wasn't sure whether he had gotten through Yami or not but he had been in this phase as well where Kakashi only cared about completing the mission no matter what the circumstances.

Kakashi was about to convince Yami more when he saw that Yami had picked up speed and he was also moving closer to the center where the clan leaders along with Mei, Elder Wu, and others were. They also noticed that Yami had broken the formation and was moving toward them.

"What is it Yami?" Yoshiro asked in confusion. He and the others didn't know why Yami was running two steps ahead of them.

Yami suddenly looked back with his activated Sharingan which not only looked dangerous but also sent a chill down everyone's spine for a moment.

"You better ask for a long vacation for me from Lady Tsunade." Yami said and suddenly his entire body was covered in lightning and he disappeared in front of their eyes leaving only some small blue sparks lingering around.

For a few seconds, the speed of the frontline became slower as they tried to understand what happened when they heard it...

Arghhhh....

Aaaaaaa...

Helpppp..........

They all looked in front of them toward the army coming at them and saw that the enemy army had halted and blue-colored explosions were occurring at different places. They couldn't even see what the blue blur whizzing between other groups was.

"D-Did he?" Riko stuttered to which the old man said "Yes...he is slaughtering them...Let's not slow our momentum and make a 10-year-old kid do all our work."

The clan leaders nodded and rushed toward the enemy. At the enemy frontline, Yami was cutting enemies left and right. He wasn't just using his sword but also the blue wings on his back. From time to time he would jump from one place to another and would land on top of an enemy shinobi while thrusting his hidden blade inside the person he jumped on.

He knew that using genjutsu on such people would be a waste of chakra so he resorted to physical attacks. Yami didn't count the number of people he had killed but he could guess that it was in its mid 50's.

"ITS THE GENJUTSU DEMON"

"KILL HIMMM"

"CORNER HIMMM...."

Shinobis who wanted to get their hands on Yami but could only see him come near them and kill someone from around them shouted. They knew that their jutsus were very slow to catch them and they needed to be organized now or else when the clan leaders of the bloodline clans along with their army clashes within the next 10-15 seconds, they would be in a mess.

At such a crucial time, the demon heart shinobis from the hidden mist and stone decided to step us and launch an organized attack on Yami.

"Spread your mist in the area and make it thick. Stone shinobis create a wall to isolate him. I will create a mud swamp to slow him on land." the squad leader commanded and the tattoos on his body started glowing. Just by touching both his hands on the land, the land instantly became soft and sticky.

It wasn't a normal swamp like Yami had faced before but something more powerful. Yami knew that if stepped in this mud, his speed would be slowed significantly and he might have to expend unnecessary energy to get out of this mess. Due to his Sharingan, he could see his enemies clearly. Even though they were stuck in the mud as well, they didn't panic and followed the orders given by their squad leader.

At a distance, the clan leaders saw this happening. "They have started attacking him in an organized way now. Let's go in or he might be in trouble." Asami said as she pulled out two metal fans from her utility belt and spread them ready to attack. Even though the fans weren't as big as Temari's, they were made of metal and had pointed needles at every fold.

Just as Asami and the others were about to make their move to go in and help Yami out, they saw a wave of purple energy originate from Yami and spread toward the squad leader. Yoshiro, a sword user, realized that it was a sword slash but with chakra imbued in it. It looked like a purple arc but got bigger as far as it went.

As the purple arc disappeared after reaching a considerable distance, the entire frontline became quiet for a moment. Everyone wanted to see what that sword slash did so that they could take their next step accordingly.

With a blast of air, the entire thick mist which was focused in the area vanished, and what everyone saw horrified them.

Yami was standing with his sword glowing purple and in front of him were numerous shinobis including the squad leader with the cultist tattoos. The only difference was that the shinobis and the squad leader didn't have an upper body. Their upper body was lying on the ground in blood while their lower body still stood firmly submerged in the sticky ground till the ankle.

"H-He cut them in half?" Asami who was about to reach Yami stopped and asked. She asked in a low tone but due to the battlefield being silent, everyone could hear it.

"With the pure and dense chakra that he holds I don't think it would have been too difficult for him to do it. And that sword metal doesn't seem like the normal one." old man said.

"I can't let you hog in all the fun Yami." Riko said and clashed with the mist and stone shinobis. Seeing Riko start fighting, the rest of the clan leaders also started engaging with the enemy army.

The morale of the bloodline shinobis was at an all-time high right now because the enemy's frontline was being decimated. They also started clashing with the enemy shinobis. Since Yami and the clan leaders were taking care of the high chunin and jonin that were in the front few rows, the ones that the bloodline shinobis were facing were weak genins and chunins. They were just cannon fodder and normally in the war they are the ones that make up the majority of the forces and they are sent as cannon fodder but this time the clan leaders chose to leave the strategizing to their advisors like AO and the others while they themselves jumped on the battlefield.

After cutting the mist shinobis and the squad leader in half, Yami was searching for another place to create chaos but then he saw a few stone shinobis seem to be preparing a jutsu for a few seconds. Yami didn't know what kind of jutsu it was so he looked at them anticipating it and ready to counter it once he sees it but then the old man jumped in front of Yami and said "They are going to use big rock boulders to crush our people under it while rolling. You go ahead and let me deal with them."

Yami was about to stop the old man but he saw water come out of the ground and forming thick and long whips made of water on his hands. Just by seeing it, Yami knew that they could slice through the rocks so he decided to leave.