Man with a plan

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Oyashiro's proposal? How do you know about it?" the clan leader asked.

"I am the one who suggested it...I will explain to you how things need to work out and then I will let you decide whether to help me or not." Yami said. He had already wasted enough time here so he was in a bit of a hurry to do some things.

"Do you expect me to just agree to whatever you say? I am not going to play with the lives of my clanmates based on the whims of an Uchiha kid." The clan leader said. Yami could see that his words weren't the entire truth and his eyes were wavering. This meant that there was still a chance.

"Alright...I will tell you everything....as this will make things much easier and faster." Yami said and started explaining his plan to the clan leader. After almost 15 minutes, the clan leader was massaging his forehead with one hand, he kept looking at the ground as if thinking deeply.

He then looked up at Yami and said "Although your plan is brutal, to say the least, and borderline traitorous...I can see the mutual interest you are talking about. But are you sure that you will be able to keep your word? You're asking me to blindly trust you without getting anything in return." the old man said.

"It is how it is...deal with it. Or else I can just go back and after a few months or years, the other villages will attack you and your clan. Isn't it better to make the first move?" Yami reminded to which the clan leader nodded and said "I hope you keep your promise."

After talking about a few more things including how he sensed and located Yami, Yami left the clan leader's place. The clan leader then went down and called one of the guards standing outside.

The guard came and asked "Clan leader...you called for me?"

"Yes...Tell all the elders to come for a meeting today evening. Also, pass on a message to the 2nd elder to meet me half an hour before the official meeting." the clan leader said to which the guard nodded and left.

By this time Yami went back to Shiro's place. He saw the couple and their daughter Chino having lunch inside the house. He could see that the couple happily talked to their daughter but they were no matter how hard they tried, whenever they looked at each other they would have a serious expressions on their face.

'I don't like to rule with fear but in certain instances, things like this are necessary to get the work done.' Yami thought. Yami didn't want to justify his behavior but he felt that this was the best way to get rid of any kind of guilt.

Just then one of the clan leader's guards came to Shiro's house and called him out "Elder Oyashiro, are you home?"

Shiro heard this and came out of the house followed by his wife and daughter. He saw the guard and asked "Yes I am here. What's the matter?"

"Clan leader has called for a meeting this evening. He hasn't said what it is about." the guard said.

"One more meeting? Alright...I'll be there then." Shiro nodded and the guard left. Yami hadn't told Shiro anything. Not even that he was going toward the clan leader's house. Shiro was confused by this meeting and so was Sumi.

"Mom...I am going with my friends to the red river. I will come back in the evening and even bring some rabbits for dinner." Chino said and left the house within seconds.

The couple smiled as Chino left but the moment she was out of their sight, the smile on Sumi's face turned to worry as she asked "Why did the clan leader call the meeting? Was it related to that demon who made you make that proposal? What if the clan leader knows that you were in contact with an Uchiha?"

Sumi bombarded the poor Shiro with questions and Shiro obviously didn't have any kind of answers to give her.

Before Shiro could say anything, a small twig fell from the tree and fell on his shoulder. The couple immediately looked up and saw Yami sitting there.

"When did you come back and what did you do for the clan leader to call for such a meeting?" Shiro asked. He wanted to make sure that his wife and daughter aren't in any trouble or else he would start to make his escape now.

"You don't need to know that. You have already done what I told you to do. Now I have one more task and that's for her." Yami said as he pointed at Sumi.

"What? For Sumi? This wasn't in our deal...you only said one task and that was for me." Shiro quickly defended his wife but Sumi stepped forward and said "For the sake for our daughter and our future...I will do it. What do you want me to do?"

"Get me some good food...I am hungry." Yami said to which the couple just stood there dumbfounded.

It took them a while to realize that Yami was just hungry. In the bat cave, he was always served meat-filled food for a healthy body but for the past few days, he was eating the protein balls he got from Yugakure.

"Go prepare some food fast for this monster before he tells you to go and kill an elder." Shiro quickly whispered to his wife. Sumi nodded hurriedly and went inside the house. Almost half an hour later, she opened the door and said "The food is ready."

Yami jumped down and entered the house. He saw the prepared food and started eating. The couple stood behind him without saying a word.

Without looking at Sumi, Yami said "It's good that you didn't use any kind of poison on this food or the flavor would have been spoiled."

"We don't use poison since it is hard to keep in check with the lack of resources we have here or else I would have mixed in the poison of a hundred snakes in it." Sumi said while glaring daggers at Yami's back.

"She is just joking hehe...we would never think of doing that." Shiro said while he nudged his wife to keep quiet.

Yami finished his lunch and stood up. He looked back at the two of them. Sumi was still staring a bit angrily at him but it was very mild while Shiro was a bit fearful as to how to handle the situation.

Sumi was sure that Yami was now going to threaten him but she then saw him smile...This wasn't the evil smile or the fake smile and as a mother, she could definitely recognize a real smile.

"If someone threatens your family then you should try everything to kill that person even if it causes your own death....hmm only mothers think like this." Yami said as he walked past the couple outside the door.

The angry expression that Sumi had on her face instantly disappeared as she heard that. She didn't know what to make of this or how to respond to it. She never thought that the person she wanted to kill now would say something like this.

They looked back but saw that Yami had disappeared from the place. "He is gone." Shiro murmured.

"What do we do now?" Shiro asked as he looked at his wife who was just standing there thinking about what Yami had just said.

A few hours later...

At the clan leader's house.

The clan leader was sitting beside a bald man with only one hand. "I am sorry to put you on this but since you are the 2nd elder, I can only ask you to do it."

The 2nd elder stood up and said "Whatever you have told me in the past 15-20 mins sounds more like a made-up story and if it was someone else who told me this then I would have killed him on the spot. I will make the necessary preparations as per the plan and since I can only use my most trusted people, you don't have to worry about the leaks."

"Yes I understand. 24 hours is a short time but that is what the Uchiha kid said so we have to pull this off." the clan leader said.

"Alright...it's time for your meeting now. I will leave through the back door. I have no interest in mingling with those snakes standing outside." the 2nd elder said and left.

"This tongue is poisonous as ever." the clan leader sighed and then shouted "Let all the elders in. Let's get this meeting started.