Yami The vendor

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

The Next Day

Yami was sitting near the window of Hideki's house looking out at the market and seeing the people buying and selling things. Yesterday night he didn't go out to gather info as he sensed many people hopping on top of people's houses. He sensed that there wasn't only one group but two groups. One was running around opening who Yami guessed would be the Bloodline clans shinobis looking for suspicious people while the other one were the opposite faction's spies.

Yami then heard a bat noise coming from a tree nearby. He understood that this either must be the bat that he had sent to the hidden leaf regarding the village in the land of forests or the one that was ordered to give the letter to Zabuza and follow them here.

Yami was thinking about how to go to the tree to get whatever message or news the bat had brought but he then saw a thin piece of mirror form underneath the tree. It was as if someone was using the mirror to spy around and see if there is any danger around.

'Looks like Zabuza and Haku are here. I need to get into contact with them.' Yami thought when his attention fell on a few baskets of fruits kept on the side. Yami picked a few baskets and arranged them on the table of the stall that was outside Hideki's house. He then removed the closed sign and turned it over that said 'OPEN'.

Daichi who had just gotten ready came out of the house and saw Yami cut up some fruits and put it on display. Daichi was followed by Daiki who was busy adjusting his attire and bumped into Daichi.

"Shh...stop being fidgety Daiki." Daichi whispered to his brother to which Daiki looked up at Yami and whispered back "What is this kid doing? Is he really going to sell vegetables? We collect information by going to the clan estates. How does he plan to collect information in an open market?"

Daichi looked at his brother with a deadpan expression and said "Why don't you go and ask him yourself?"

Daiki immediately felt a chill run through his spine as flashes of what happened in the genjutsu yesterday surfaced in his mind. "No no no...I don't want to...I will leave that to Hideki sensei. Why couldn't Lady Hokage send us a normal experienced Jonin or elite jonin? This little monster is already giving me nightmares."

Back at the stall, seeing the fruits cut in different shapes like flowers and all, many customers came to Yami to buy fruits. Among them, a girl with a scarf on her head quickly came near him and said "Give me 200 Ryo worth of Apples."

Yami nodded and proceeded to pack a few apples in a box when one of them dropped from his hand. After a bit of fumbling, Yami cleaned and packed them all in the box and passed it to her. Yami gave her the box and she paid for it and walked away. For everyone including the twins, this was a normal occurrence and no one saw anything suspicious nor did Yami sense anyone looking at him intently.

Yami looked back at the twins and they were just standing by the door. His past day in the hidden mist had been quite simple and now Yami had started doubting his own preconceptions.

Yami didn't trust Hideki and the twins as he himself hadn't ruled them out yet. He wasn't even sure whether there is a traitor amongst the spies or not. He had just acted on the basic instinct that had told him not to trust anyone, especially spies. It wasn't just the threat of a traitor but also people like Danzo ordering shinobis to kill their own teammates.

'Maybe I should just listen to what Hideki and Lady Tsunade told me. Maybe there really isn't any spy among them and I am just behaving paranoid.' Yami thought.

___________________________________

Mizukage Office (Flashback of Yesterday)

The Stone shinobi smirked at Moji's statement and said "If they are a bunch of weaklings then why did my people suffer such a loss? They were able to defeat my people which means they have considerable power and now they have reached the Terumi clan. We have already given you so many people and supplies and are still providing you with more but I don't see anything happening."

Moji stood up from his seat and said "We are waiting on some movement. We will wait for a few more days and if the movement we expect doesn't happen then we can start by launching an attack on them."

"What movement are you talking about?" the stone shinobi asked. He thought he already knew all the pieces that were on the board and now Moji was speaking about something the stone shinobis had no idea of.

"I can't tell you that now but all I am asking for you is to wait for a few days and until that get as many people as you can. We can end this entire conflict in one small war and even get rid of the bloodline clans." Moji said to which the stone shinobi nodded and left. '

After being left alone in the room, Moji walked toward the window and slid the glass pane letting the cold breeze outside come inside the office. "What information have you got?"

"He said that their leader did send the Hokage a letter telling the situation here but haven't received any reply yet or even if they did, the leader and his students haven't contacted them yet." a purple-eyed bald man made of mist appeared behind Moji.

"The Hokage just changed a week ago so it won't be a surprise if she doesn't want to enter into a conflict at the start of her reign. Go and find where this leader and his students live. We can't afford to wait for long. The Tsuchikage's men are getting impatient day by day." Moji said to which the man behind him nodded and disappeared into the mist.