A Bad Feeling

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

And they call us ruthlesswhat a waste of 2 good sacrifices." One of the men said and the other 2 laughed as well. Just as they were about to say something to Yami, he disappeared.

"Huh? Where did he go?"

"He was in front of us just a moment ago." The men said as they looked around. The third one was also searching for Yami but none of them jumped from the ship onto the land.

"Who are you guys looking for?" a voice came which made the three of them turn back immediately.

"W-what are you doing here? How did you come here so fast?" one of the men asked.

The other one wasn't as afraid as the first one and said "You seem to be a pretty strong shinobi. You are tasked with the escape plan which means you are trusted by the higher-ups and the Priest. Why did you kill them like that?"

"What do you mean?" Yami asked. He was already surprised that they didn't attack him.

The 3rd one tapped Yami's shoulder and said "He meant that each human life is a valuable sacrifice so if you wanted to kill them then just tell us first so that his life essence can be put to good usehaha"

Yami nodded as he heard that and said "OhhI didn't know that. But it's good that you told me already. Then why don't you guys get ready for the next sacrifices."

The three men looked at each other happily and asked "Just as I thought. These two may not be the only people who had this task assigned. There may be more of them on the other side still digging. You can kill them but not before we mark them as our sacrifice. So how many are they?"

Yami gave a big smile and showed three fingers to the men standing before him. The number 3 didn't alarm the 3 cultists but the smile on Yami's face did because that is the smile he gave the 2 mist shinobis before killing them. The 3 cultists were already at the edge of the ship so they had to jump sideways. Unfortunately, only 2 of them were able to jump while the 3rd one wasn't that lucky.

Yami had already caught up to him and lodged his hidden blade through the man's chest which killed him instantly. Yami used his enhanced senses to see if there was anyone other than these 3 on the ship. Seeing that there was no one else, Yami looked at the man he just killed and said "I hope you are not the leader of the three as I won't have anyone to interrogate."

Yami looked at the 2 who were ready with their weapons in hand and said "Is any of you the leader?" As he said that the 3rd one instantly looked at the second one which made Yami also look at the 2nd one.

"We will attack together. I don't know why the mist shinobi has chosen to betray his own but he could be from the bloodline faction so don't hold back and kill him." The 2nd one said and he along with the 3rd one activated the tattoos on their body. There were no tattoos on their face like the ones he had seen before. Yami could also tell that they were weaker than the cultists that he had fought before. He could see that the two were visibly scared which meant they were completely dependent on the strength provided by the tattoos.

"You two aren't that good at fighting are you?" Yami smirked to which the two looked visibly afraid and were about to say something but this hesitation is what Yami wanted from them. He quickly lunged at the 3rd one with Chidori in his left hand and successfully jabbed it in the man's chest. With his hand still in the man's chest, he looked at the 2nd guy who was sweating bullets now "D-Don't k-kill meI am just in charge of the ship."

Yami pulled out his hand from the man's chest and body flickered right in front of the 2nd cultist. This made him fall back on his ass in fear.

"So tell me where are you from and what are you and this ship doing here? " Yami asked. He knew that Ji arranged this ship to get him and his people out if they aren't able to win but he always felt that he was missing something.