Wager

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

The 2nd elder looked around to see if there was anyone nearby and then whispered "The price of him finishing off the elders and the exploration team was their corpses."

"Huh? Corpses why would he need their corpses?" Sumi asked in a daze but immediately realized the answer to her own question.

"Our Ketsuryugan...how could he who himself is from a clan of dojutsu users ask for something like this and how did the clan leader even allow it?" Sumi asked with rage hidden in her words. She had read in her ancestor's diaries that even though the dojutsu clans were powerful they were hunted and experimented on for their eyes...to a certain extent even more than that of the bloodline users.

The 2nd elder sighed and said "The clan elder didn't have to allow it. He said that he will find a way to get what he wants no matter whether the clan leader agrees or not. I wasn't present during their meeting but I know the clan leader is prideful and still, he accepted that the kid was stronger than him."

"I knew the kid was strong but he even surpassed the clan leader at such a young age?" Shiro asked to which the 2nd elder nodded. There was silence for a few seconds before the 3 left the vicinity and started walking toward the chinoike clan grounds.

By this time, Yami had already left the area and gone up the mountain to exit the valley of hell. It was already late night so it didn't take a lot of time or effort for Yami to slip through the chinoike clan's security and the shinobis that Yugakure had stationed surrounding the valley.

But this time Yami didn't go inside Yugakure instead he took a long route and entered the inhabited forests nearby. He already had a place in mind where he wanted to go first. As he was traveling, he sensed one of his bats come toward him.

'This is one of the bats I had stationed to surveil the sand elder Yura. It's good that I finished the matter of the chinoike clan before this happened or else I would have to abandon this plan of mine.' Yami thought as he climbed onto the nearest tall tree.

The bat sat on his arm and started to squeal. After a few seconds, the bat stopped squealing and disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"What the heck? 2 days only? and the time that the bat took to come here I must say it should be One and a half day now. The elder had gone for a meeting away from the village and Sasori met him there. He really doesn't trust Yura as well nor does he trust his jutsu which is foolproof so he informed at such short notice. Even if Yura exposes the plan of attack, the hidden sand wouldn't have enough time to ask for backup from the hidden leaf. I must inform Lady Tsunade and Gaara about this." Yami muttered and quickly wrote two letters and sent them in different directions.

These were the same letters that both the Kages received. Yami then proceeded to where he was going inside the forest. From time to time he would pull out a big map from his pocket which had an x mark on it and 'waterfall' written below it.

Following the directions given on the map, Yami kept running through the forest and very soon reached an open space with a waterfall and a small pond. The surroundings looked beautiful, especially under the moonlight which was reflecting on the surface of the pond but Yami could sense that there were many poisonous animals in the forest which could prove fatal to a civilian. But even a tiny hint of chakra was more than enough to make them go into hiding.

Yami sat by the lake, washed his bloody clothes, and even took a bath himself. For the past few days he had to live hidden and even kill the entire exploration team in the narrow space of a cave. All that was tiring for him.

He also gulped down a few protein balls to recover his strength back to his peak state. While coming here from the valley of hell, his chakra core had already replenished all the chakra that he had used but the mental exhaustion was also something Yami had to consider.

Yami then pulled out a scroll that had his bloody fingerprints on it. He unsealed the scroll and a small heap of eyes appeared in front of him. These all were the Ketsuryugan that Yami had taken from the members of the exploration team.

'I don't know if this gamble plays off or how the end result will exactly be but it's still worth a try.' Yami thought as he sat down in front of the heap of eyes and activated his devouring eye. He also activated his tattoo and let the black wisps of devouring law leave his hand and float near the eyes.

For a few seconds, the black wisps didn't react at all and just when he thought that he should give up his approach and try something else, the black wisps went through the Ketsuryugans but instead of a tree like it formed last time, this time it formed like a beaded necklace where the black wisp was the thread and the eyes were the beads. The eyes started glowing red and all the eyes started merging into one another. It kept on merging until there were only two eyes left.

Just as Yami thought that the two eyes will now merge with each other, the entire thing started rotating until it felt like some kind of liquid was leaking from them and gathering in the middle. The only difference was that the liquid which was dark red when exiting the eyeball would turn pure white with a hint of black until it reached the middle.

Very soon both the eyes had completely melted and the only thing left was the black ring with the white and black eye in the middle.

'Wow, I didn't think it would form something totally different...I thought it would just form another type of devouring law but this is something else. I will transplant this eye and test it later.' Yami thought and lifted his hand to hold the white eye. Just as he touched it, he realized that the eye wasn't even solid and was as if some kind of liquid floating in zero gravity but the big black ring made of wisp suddenly dispersed and the white and black liquid which had formed the eye moved toward Yami's face.

Yami was caught off-guard by this and tilted his head backward as a reflex but the speed was way too much for him to react because the liquid reached his eyes and entered his body from the sides of the eyeballs.

Yami tried to stop this from happening as he tried to grab the liquid but he wasn't able to even touch it. He could only grab air as the liquid entered his eye.

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

"What the hell? At least it didn't pierce my eye as it did during the devouring eye incident." Yami muttered as he tried to focus and find out if anything had changed inside his body but then he started to feel that his vision was getting blurry and then suddenly Yami screamed.

AAAAAAAAAA

He grabbed his head as he continued to scream. He felt like red hot metal wires were being inserted into his head and it was piercing his brains creating a mesh of some kind. This continued to happen for a minute or so before Yami's eyes started bleeding as if he was crying tears of blood and he just collapsed on the ground unconscious.

Yami didn't know how long he was asleep but when he woke up it was already morning. As he sat up, he saw drops of dried blood on the ground near him. He could also feel the dried blood on his cheeks so he stepped inside the pond and submerged his head in it. He rubbed his face to remove all the dried blood and lifted his head back up from the water. He was about to turn around and step out of the pond but he had to look back into the water to see his own reflection.

"Oh...fuck. What the hell happened?" Yami cursed as he could not believe what he was seeing.

(End of flashback)