Ambush Preparations

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

As Moji came out to the lobby he looked at the smiling Hari and said "That smile is too much for you Hari...what is it?"

Hari didn't say anything and just tilted his head, signaling Moji to talk privately. Moji nodded and entered the room directly opposite it. The room seemed like a storage room and there wasn't much space. Hari also entered the room and closed the door.

"Now tell me...what is that has got you this secretive and had to disturb me in the meeting. I was planning to finish this meeting and leave." Moji said in an annoyed tone.

"Our hidden leaf spy and the other spies were contacted by the genjutsu demon and asked them to meet tonight. The leader of the spies Hideki seems to be with the Genjutsu Demon as well as he gave a signal that confirms the letter is true." Hari said everything in excitement and Moji's smile was also increasing.

"This..this really is good news. Are you sure this isn't any trap?" Moji asked. He felt the deal was too good to be true.

"Yes, Sir I am sure. The leaf spy is only loyal to money so he wouldn't dare lie to me if he needs funds to leave the island. The hidden leaf has techniques that can read a person's mind and the last thing Eiji needs is for them to read it."

Moji massaged his chin as he said "Then I am also convinced that this is the real deal. We could get our hands on the Konoha spies as well but remember our priority is the Genjutsu demon. You know how important the prison exchange is for us so I don't want that guy's interference in it. This time I want you to go there personally with your squad and bring me the head of the Genjutsu demon."

Moji said as his eyes were red in anger and he was gnashing his teeth. The Genjutsu demon had given him more loss in a single night than what the bloodline clans had for the past half a decade.

Hari nodded and said "That's what I want to do as well Sir. I am taking the squad that I have personally trained for so many years. Each of them has bathed in the blood of those bloodline bastards. I hope the genjutsu demon is one of those...it will be more fun to hunt them." Hari said as he left the room.

_____________________________________________

Terumi Clan Estate

"Sister I know this is a waste to ask but can I come as well? I will be safe with you all and I will stay with Enko the whole time." Toru asked. Even though he and Kana knew that they wouldn't be able to come to the meeting with the genjutsu demon, they still decided to ask. They never knew someone as strong and mysterious as him so they got curious.

Kana who was busy with her own preparations shook her head and said "No means no Toru...Even though the genjutsu demon has helped us, we don't know what he wants and why he is doing this...it could be dangerous."

"She is right Toru...and even I am not sure if I can keep everyone safe....and that saying even though we have 2 clan leaders with us and a 3-leaf jonins." Mei said as she entered the room.

"Everyone on our side is ready...we will formulate a plan that doesn't seem offensive to the genjutsu demon but in case we end up in a fight with him then we can safely escape. Come on out fast." Mei said as she helped Kana tie her utility belt and headband.

Nana frowned as she heard that and said "You guys are so many people, then can't you guys catch the genjutsu demon? Why run away?"

Mei walked forward and pulled Nana's cheeks as she said "Because...he has never done anything with ill intent to us so why to make him an enemy for our greed. And the 2nd thing is we don't know how strong he actually is...even if he is of Kage level and we have a fight, we might win but the casualties on our sides will be higher, and if one of the leaf shinobis die then it's a political shitshow for us. So better just run away."

"Sister Mei, let's go...I am ready to leave now." Kana said as she straightened her back and looked at Mei. This is the first time Kana had worn her complete gear with sword and everything and especially with the hidden mist headbands provided by the bloodline clans.

"Well...look at you...maybe we should have the genjutsu demon marry you and become our ally?" Mei joked as she left the room with Kana.

Toru looked at Nana with a sulking face and said "I really wanted to go with them."

Nana shrugged her shoulders and said "I already told you that we won't be taken to the meeting this time no matter what you say. Even the leaf shinobi kids are not being taken there."

________________________________________

The Decided meeting place.

The meeting place decided by Yami was actually a small coast at the back of a mountain. This place was deserted as there were a lot of big rocks in the water making any ship coming there drown as they reached close and the forest around it didn't have much vegetation that villagers would come here to take anything. This was an abandoned place by both the factions and the coast faced the hidden cloud. So it worked as a natural defense from the cloud shinobis who wanted to come here directly.

Eiji was scouting the place to see if there was anyone by the coast or on the mountain that could jeopardize the plan of ambush. Luckily he didn't find anyone after searching the whole place for 30-40 minutes.

When he confirmed that no one was there except some animals and birds, Eiji went to inform to Hari and his shinobis who were going to meet him in a cave on the other side of the mountain. As he reached near the cave he saw nearly 15 shinobis wearing dark blue cloaks and a mask covering half of their face from the nose down.

'These guys are not even normal Anbu. Each of them seems to be an elite jonin. Moji and Hari really want this...I have heard about this outfit before. This is the blood squad, the squad which led the slaughter of the small bloodline clans. This is almost half the blood squad and Hari himself. They really might be able to kill the genjutsu demon and also Hideki and the others. I will need to escape at the perfect opportunity or I will end up becoming a liability that needs to be silenced.'

"So is the coast clear?" Hari asked as he himself was ready with a big heavy sword on his back. He wore thick purple armor on his body and no cloak. The mask was also tied around his neck so that it could be pulled up whenever he wants to.

"Yes it is...there is no one on the mountain except some wildlife. I don't think you will have any problem ambushing and killing him." Eiji said as he rubbed his hands with a greedy expression which meant he was asking for his money.

Hari who didn't want any kind of mistake in this took out a scroll from his utility belt, threw it toward Eiji, and said "This is way more than you have ever seen in your lifetime and I am paying you for a couple of more things. Till the ambush is complete, I want you to stay in the cave with one of my guys. I can't take any chances and the second thing is when I come back you will tell me all the leaf shinobis' names as well and then leave the Land of water."

Eiji put the scroll in his pocket and said "Is there so much gold in it that I will be paid for all this?" He didn't think Hari would decide to spend so much more money on these things. Hari didn't answer but a few of his men took one step forward. The meaning of this was obvious to Eiji so he quickly said "Hehe...I was just kidding Hari-sama. We had such good cooperation till now so in that spirit I will manage withing these funds." Eiji said as he tapped on his chest where he had kept the scroll.

Hari chuckled as he heard the slick reply and shouted "One of you stay back with him and the rest come with me....let's kill the son of a bitch who slaughtered our men and stole our weapons." they all ran into the mountain to make the preparations for an ambush.